It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible sighting 11-1-08

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Unfortunantly I didn't have a camera on me, so I don't have any pictures.

I'm honestly not sure if it was a UFO, but I'm wondering if there are any other witnesses to it. Me and my boyfriend were sitting in his back yard last night and I noticed a bright light to the lower right of the moon. We both saw it, which is probably more to my gratification than yours.

For geographical/time related reasons, I live in Indiana. I noticed it around 6:30 pm, before the time change, EST.

Anywho, it had been standing out to me ever since the sun was starting to set because I've never seen it before. It didn't seem to move much through the night, but when I happened to glance up at it, I saw it vanish, and a few moments later, it reappeared. It would also dim and get bright again before vanishing. It did this periodically for about an hour and then it disappeared completely.

I wasn't able to notice any major movement, like I said, because any that I thought I saw, my boyfriend said was just my eyes playing a trick on me, which would make sense since I have decently bad eyesight, but not bad enough for glasses. My dad suggested that it might have been a satalite or the space station, but I've never seen one of those before, so I wouldn't know the difference.

Did anyone else witness this, or that could clarify it? I googled the date for sightings, but I didn't notice anyone else reporting anything. I've never seen a UFO before, so I'm not sure if this is the real thing or not.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I don't know much cause I've seen stuff I can't explain in the night sky but could it have been Venus? I use earthsky.org to tell me whats up in the night sky. Just a possibility.

www.earthsky.org...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I too saw what you saw, but i was pretty sure it was venus or something. My roommates and i were heading down I-70 into Indy, when my friend said he saw something in the sky. I thought he was talking about the bright lights but then he showed me what he was looking at. there was a black craft really high in the sky, probably 1500-2000 feet in the sky-- almost too high for a bird of any kind. We then saw another similar craft, but it was a little higher in the sky and further away. Anyone else see that?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kagonu
Unfortunantly I didn't have a camera on me, so I don't have any pictures.

I'm honestly not sure if it was a UFO, but I'm wondering if there are any other witnesses to it. Me and my boyfriend were sitting in his back yard last night and I noticed a bright light to the lower right of the moon. We both saw it, which is probably more to my gratification than yours.

For geographical/time related reasons, I live in Indiana. I noticed it around 6:30 pm, before the time change, EST.

Anywho, it had been standing out to me ever since the sun was starting to set because I've never seen it before. It didn't seem to move much through the night, but when I happened to glance up at it, I saw it vanish, and a few moments later, it reappeared. It would also dim and get bright again before vanishing. It did this periodically for about an hour and then it disappeared completely.

I wasn't able to notice any major movement, like I said, because any that I thought I saw, my boyfriend said was just my eyes playing a trick on me, which would make sense since I have decently bad eyesight, but not bad enough for glasses. My dad suggested that it might have been a satalite or the space station, but I've never seen one of those before, so I wouldn't know the difference.

Did anyone else witness this, or that could clarify it? I googled the date for sightings, but I didn't notice anyone else reporting anything. I've never seen a UFO before, so I'm not sure if this is the real thing or not.

Chances are we didn't see the same thing, nor did we at the exact time..

I have only seen a UFO (meaning something unexplainable) twice in my life, and both of which happened within the last 3 months, and near the same location. The first time, while driving in my car to get onto a high way, i was stopped at the stop sign, and saw something that i thought was probably an airplane, i wasn't sure if it was moving at the time, because i was constantly looking back and forth from the road to the sky, but the third time i looked, the craft of sorts was not where it was the first couple times i glanced at it (keep in mind i was not moving yet, i was still at the stop sign due to heavy traffic) and i looked all over the place for it, and i finally spotted it miles and miles away to the northern skies, just sitting there. I was very far away from it, so it only looked like a blackish grey, oh i dono, a blurred out object that i have no idea how to describe because it was so far off in the distance. I shrugged it off and kept driving. The thought of a UFO of some-sort didn't cross my mind until the same thing happened again in the same area, which was now that i think about it, friday night, october 31st, not november 1st.. But now that i've gone so far into my story i may as well finish =). I was driving home on that same highway i was turning onto a a couple months ago, and to my right, i could see the moon inside an amazing orange/blue whispy sunset. To the right of the moon was a blackish object of some kind just sitting there, and as soon as i went behind some trees i couldn't see any of the sky to the west of my vehicle. As soon as i passed the hills/trees i kept looking around to see if it was there, and it was nowhere to be seen.

Who knows what it was, it was big enough for me to see off in the distance, so if it was a bird or something of the sort, i would have seen it moving, since i wouldnt be able to see a bird which is so small at such a distance.. I have a few friends who claim to have seen ufo's in their lifetime, looking through telescopes and things like that.. It hasn't made me a firm believer, just a curious human being.

By the way i live in River Falls wisconsin, about a 30 minute drive east of minneapolis minnesota.. My appologies for typos and horrible grammar.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Check out this thread here.

The Moon and Venus are in position at the moment that's pretty amazing.
You might have seen Venus (very bright now) and a cloud passing in front of Venus might explain the fading in and out.

There's a picture on the thread too.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was freaking out that night.

I wish I had seen what you guys saw.

top topics

join