It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin agrees to hunt baby seals with bogus head of state

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Sarah Palin agrees to hunt baby seals with bogus head of state

www.bruneinews.net

Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin has become the victim of a prank phone call by a French-Canadian comedian posing as the French President Nicolas Sarkozy.

Well-known Canadian comic, Sebastien Trudel, convinced the Alaska governor that she was speaking to Sarkozy.

Ms Palin, tape recorded for the occasion, accepted Trudel's invitation to hunt baby seals.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
This cannot look good for Palin.

An apparently oblivious Ms Palin said she thought that would be fun.

"We could have a lot of fun together as we're getting work done. We could kill two birds with one stone that way," she said.

I am not sure how well thing would go for her presidency...

The prankster also got Ms Palin, Republican John McCain's running mate in Tuesday's US presidential election, to reveal a potential ambition for the top job in Washington.

Asked if she would like to eventually become president, the Alaska governor responded, "Well, maybe in eight years."

www.bruneinews.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Just listened to the clip on the BBC and did not hear anything about Baby Seals...didnt see a reference to it in your article either...could have missed it though.

Peace

dAlen

edit: to clarify - I did not see his quote saying anything about baby Seals...nor do I recall him saying it in the interview I heard.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by dAlen]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dAlen

You didn't see 2 refernces to baby seals?

Ms Palin, tape recorded for the occasion, accepted Trudel's invitation to hunt baby seals.

In a very broad French accent, the comedian, who is famous for tricking celebrities and politicians including Mr Sarkozy himself, asked if Ms Palin would take him on a hunting trip by helicopter, and then in French said they could also kill some baby seals.

But in re-reading the last part she probaby did not know what he was saying. I don't know what her French is like so in her defence I would say it is a bit of a set up....

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
That's pretty funny lol

In the UK, pranking politicians is quite popular and two years ago a radio station prank called the then Foreign Secretary. Mrs Beckett admitted she disliked majority of her fellow cabinet members

[edit on 2-11-2008 by infinite]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Might want to check out this thread that was posted on it yesterday. Here you go:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT

But in re-reading the last part she probaby did not know what he was saying. I don't know what her French is like so in her defence I would say it is a bit of a set up....

Probably what happened -
I totally missed the bit being in French, which would explain it. (Doubt she knows French.)
Peace

dAlen

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Well she also told Couric she reads 'all' the papers. Couldn't name a single Supreme Council case. She is like a deer in the headlights sometimes. She is fluffy. I wonder if she would use a baseball bat or a 30 odd 30. She looks like a good fur woman. Her voice alone could make a dead man start digging deeper. Fluffy.

new topics

top topics

join