It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain gets another endorsement but does he want it? Dick Cheney.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

LARAMIE, Wyo., Nov. 1 (UPI) -- U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney Saturday backed Republican John McCain for president and Barack Obama then turned the endorsement into a campaign talking point.

Cheney, who has been virtually absent from the 2008 campaign trail, offered his endorsement at an appearance in Laramie, Wyo.

"I believe the right leader for this moment in history is Sen. John McCain," said Cheney, who grew up in Wyoming and represented the state in the U.S. House of Representatives. "John is a man who understands the danger facing America. He's a man who has looked into the face of evil and not flinched."

Further:

At an appearance Saturday in Pueblo, Colo., Obama used the Cheney endorsement to underscore his charge that McCain represents a continuation of current policies in Washington.

"I'd like to congratulate Senator McCain on this endorsement because he really earned it," Obama said. "That endorsement didn't come easy. Senator McCain had to vote 90 percent of the time with George Bush and Dick Cheney to get it."

www.upi.com...

Is this what McCain needs? Who is running the GOP shop?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kernel Korn

Even more verification that my decision not to vote for him was the right one!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Welll okay then. I think I would quickly decline that endorsement and duck when out in public seeing as how Dickie boy likes to shoot people in the face he disagrees with.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'm surprised that this didn't get more attention. No, I don't need the points but this is important. We need to take the party back to where it came from. McCain? Please! Cheney is endorsing him? What does that tell you?

Romney 2012

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
If I'm McCain, I might want to embrace that endorsement. Cheney has shown that it's not beneath him to shoot an elderly guy in the face if he doesn't like him.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
If i were McCain...i'd take that endorsement and take a dump on it.

But that's just my opinion...lol

Edit: grammar

[edit on 2-11-2008 by David9176]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Endorsed by Dick Cheney. I will definitely take that as THE KISS OF DEATH...

Satan has endorsed McCain!!! Great!!!

Who's idea was this??? They can keep Bush away but not Cheney???

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
(Not criticizing the OP here, but the media outlet that deemed this to be news)

Why is this news? Who in the hell did we think Cheney was going to endorse? Why he took so long is a good question, but come on... he could not have endorsed anyone else.

[sarcasm]When you combine this endorsement with the endorsement from Michael Weiner, John McCain has just turned the presidential race on its ear! It is on now! Can Obama stop this flood of endorsements before it is too late???!!? I don't even know why they are continuing with the election, it is over. McCain by a landslide![/sarcasm]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I have wondered now for a while, in light of these warnings about something testing the mettle of the next pres, if maybe these endorsements might not be a bit of work on the public's collective psychology. What if they are separating people so they know who is who, politically speaking (i.e., devout republicans and maybe racists?). Let's face it: They wouldn't want to put their boy in the line of fire, would they? They would want to bring him in to be the savior when the proverbial fecal matter hits the air acceleration unit.

I wonder if those folks out there who have said they had an sudden and unexplained change of heart right there at the ballot box might not have been guided by a higher force.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Endorsements are like curse words...And bullets for that matter...

Once they are gone out, you can't bring them back..

I think this is a HUGE mistake for the Republicans, but only time will tell

See you all at the booth on Tues

Semper

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Why all the surprise by this endorsement?

I don't think anyone expected Cheney to endorse Nader, or even Obama, for that matter. This is non-news, if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Perfect timing, Obama used it in his speech and the crowd roared in approval.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

The crowds roar in approval when Obama Sneezes

The manipulation is staggering

I just hope that at this late stage in the game, Cheney's endorsement has little effect

top topics

join