It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous users bump up old threads and their posts disappear?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I've noticed many threads being bumped up (some are years old) and the last post is from years ago. IT usually says on the recent posts page that Anonymous ATS has made the last post, but when I click on the thread the last post was made months or years ago.

IS this because the Anonymous ATS user's post was deleted or are threads just being bumped up from some mysterious force?!?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It is because anonymous users posts must be approved by a mod. So it will show that they have posted a response in the recent/last post box, but you cannot see their post in the thread until its approved.

However, I have found a way around this. If you access the Anonymous profile, click the posts link to display all the Anonymous posts, and then click on the individual posts' links, you can read what they said. Useful but rather cumbersome work around for the invisible Anonymous posting.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The "mysterious force" is that the anon poster didn't have anything worthwhile to contribute, and so it was not made "live" for all the world to see. Yet, by posting, this stranger made the post active again.

If and when we find one with something more than "I agree" type stuff, we make it magically appear to members; till then it's just the shadow of anon messing with your mind.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
If and when we find one with something more than "I agree" type stuff, we make it magically appear to members; till then it's just the shadow of anon messing with your mind.

Hmm it seems that Anonymous does work in mysterious ways.... just as i suspected.

top topics

join