It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS local/regional/country offices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Could it ever be possible for ATS offices in each country and/or local areas?

Sales of ATS items could be organized, including the new book and any further items that become available.

Maybe people could drop in to have a read of ATS online (still lots of people without the net at home and some internet cafe's charge a small fortune for ten minutes)

Maybe local events and meetings could be organized for those who wish to be active or feel more involved with the people they chat to here on ATS.

Collections of local information from group meetings could have a more physical feel to them ( like the Plymouth groups 'no2id' meeting on Nov. 2nd here in Plymouth or even the local amatuer radio club etc...). Reason being, a lot of local info would not find much attention here on the main ATS site, so maybe the site could include sub forums for the offices of these local areas or countries.

This weekend I am meeting up with several friends to show them ATS and some related videos that the majority of us here know about.. I know two of these friends will definitely sign up to ATS... One of whom is really keen to get involved and learn more...He's also a bit of a dab hand at making some rather good music, so I've been discussing with him about a small project we could possibly work on (details and maybe a song or two later)

As regards the costs of an office, there is currently one for £260 a month here in Plymouth, just on the outskirts of the city.. Plymouth has a huge student population and with a bit of team effort, ATS could be brought to even more people...

If organisations like scientology/dianetics can have offices all over the place and do their 'stress tests' in city centres, would ATS ever be in a similar position to combat such things...

A bit like the adverts being placed on UK busses that states God probably does not exist...

Well, there's the idea.. a bit of a question really... but with finer points thrown in.
Is it a possibility?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I like this idea... but it would take some serious planning...

It would be a step in moving ATS off the internet, and more into the real world.. (once local groups get established, they will most certainly start meeting).

This might take some thought on the three amigo's part... if ATS expands into the real word... The Three Amigos may become public figures, instead of private entities.

Once they become public figures... the rules change quite a bit in civil litigation ..

I'd be all for supporting this, if the three amigos decide to run with it
I just hope they think about it long and hard before hand

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
^
It would also cost a lot of money, and ATS has enough on it's plate for the time being in keeping it's servers running smoothly. Look at how much downtime there has been lately due to stretched servers. At this time, it's just not appropriate, far off into the future when things are running "perfectly", and money is steadily coming in that they don't need for server maintenance and such, maybe.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think the buildings would have to be blast proof!

Just imagine if some religious and political groups read criticizing posts on here and decided to bomb or attack.

Such as Animals rights and a very popular religion in the middle east.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightchild
I think the buildings would have to be blast proof!

Just imagine if some religious and political groups read criticizing posts on here and decided to bomb or attack.

Nobody has done that to the scientology offices yet...

So there's hope for ATS

And if you don't do something for the fear that something may happen, then 'they' have already won....

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I don't think there would be ATS offices or anything...

I think the OP was talking more on small local groups, meeting at a coffee shop or somewhere of the likes...

I think it would be slick if ATS could move offline, and become a voice in local politics...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Good idea

I was thinking more like local officers to hold meetings occasionally, and in case ATS gets attacked so badly it can't recover, you could meet to discuss the state of things.

Either way, if we're to do anything, we've got to get going.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I dont think it would work out but i could definitely imagine a yearly conference in each country. I would definitely attend a conference to listen to guest speakers buy some ATS stuff and meet people off the boards. I think that is a definite possibility

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaint

Oooooo, I love the idea of a convention.
We can all dress up like our avatars.
Can't wait to see Intrepid!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Ideally, this wouldn't cost much for the three amigos, and the Above network...

I'm sure there are people in here that have webservers, or the ability to set one up.

I could see people setting them up to run the local show, Allowing ATS to mod and administer them remotely... thus lessening the overall impact of the new traffic...

Either that, or I could see the local or regional organizers running some fund raising amongst the local groups themselves... one of those we need to reach x in fund raising, or our local chapter has to be shut down...

top topics

join