It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange plane sighted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Ok, so i'm out for food with my mom yesterday, and as i got out of the car, something caught my eye. It was an airliner. Not sure what type, but it do know it was WAY too low. I live right by an army base, an air force base, and a naval air station, so i see military air traffic ALL the time. We figured it must have been heading for either the army base, or the AFB, because the NAS doesn't accept any kind of traffic anymore...that, and because we don't have any airports in the area big enough to handle a plane of that size.

Aside from the obvious what looks like a civilian airliner flying WAY too low, with no known airports around that could handle it, what struck me as being especially peculiar about it, was that it looked a lot like one of those janet planes that ferries people in and out of A51.

I tried getting a picture with my phone's camera, but it ended up coming out really lousy, so i don't have a picture to post here.

Does anyone have any idea what the hell i saw yesterday?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The USAF and USN both fly Boeing 737s similar to the ones that fly into Area 51. The only noticeable difference to them are the engines. The 737-200(that flies into Area 51) has old engines that are very small and loud. The 737-300 on has a larger engine that's much quieter.

Boeing 737-200 (like is used on Janet flights):

USAF Boeing 737:

US Navy Boeing 737:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58*snip*

Thanks.

This plane was white with a thick-ish red stripe down it's length, that went up into the tail as well, i believe, and toward the tail section, the stripe broke, and had something...maybe it was paint damage, or a logo or emblem of some sort, but it was solid red, with maybe some white in it...kinda like Janet planes

the plane was VERY out of place. The only planes that fly that low are military aircraft, and this didn't look like any military plane i've ever seen.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by Daedalus]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Going from the description I'd say it was one of the unmarked VIP birds. They have a few that they don't paint United States of America on, so they can travel into countries that are less than friendly to the US without having to dodge bullets.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Hmm...well, if this is the case, that begs the question: wtf was it doing here?

*queues Lewis Black* LET'S FIGURE IT OUT!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
That depends on where you live. It could have been anything from a fuel stop, to an in flight emergency, to picking up or dropping off some VIP.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

Hello,
I'm almost a hundred percent sure after stumbling upon this photo, it may be a honeywell test plane. Honeywell builds a lot of the avionics in aircraft.

www.b757.info...
thanks
Zayne Jenkins [email protected]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus

Originally posted by Zaphod58*snip*

Thanks.

This plane was white with a thick-ish red stripe down it's length, that went up into the tail as well, i believe, and toward the tail section, the stripe broke, and had something...maybe it was paint damage, or a logo or emblem of some sort, but it was solid red, with maybe some white in it...kinda like Janet planes

the plane was VERY out of place. The only planes that fly that low are military aircraft, and this didn't look like any military plane i've ever seen.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by Daedalus]

The red stripe reminds me of the similarly looking red stripes painted on Star Trek spaceships

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus

Just this morning I saw one such plane here in Croatia doing some chemtrailing. It was far up, but the red stripe was visible (in photos, which I haven't downloaded into my computer yet). The trails somewhat obscured the view to the end section, but I don't think there were any markings on the tail itself. It struck me as definitely not a commercial plane.

new topics

top topics

join