It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX NEWS Fair and Balanced? You Betcha!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Sorry, what I meant was: recent artcles the 'study' was used in.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Savage Khan
reply to post by deathhasnosound

Never stop questioning. It is popular opinion that Fox News is a bias source but that does not make it true. I would never have dug up that info i did had you not taken the bold stance you did. We are live in a "land of confusion" and we are all on the same side. So I say, keep challenging the status quo. And you have my added respect for conceding.

Yes, preaching to the choir here, but I reiterate never stop questioning and don't take ANYONE'S word or "news" as gospel. I never forget that "news" is simply a product like many others to be sold for a profit and often simply as a forum for certain interests to buy to sell their propaganda for trying to reach a certain outcome.

News in general has absolutely NO guarantee that it has anything to do with rationality or objectivity or "truth" and like ANY other product can often be quite "defective". One of my personal favorite sources now for a variety of opinions and commentary and "news' (yes I know they have *alien* stories LOL) is rense.com but even things posted there I read with the same amount of potential scepticism as I would for CNN or Fox or whomever. I say judge EVERYTHING as possibly suspect, but the more reasons a source has to lie to you the more they likely will.

Oten IMO *money/power* is a chief motivater, certainly not the only one, but one I would put at near the top of the list. In some ways the old adage 'the LOVE of *money* is the root of all evil' applies. Who benefits? from the news source. A question to ask when reading ANY news story, IMHO.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I don't need any little poll to prove anything to me. I watch FoxNews daily. We go back and forth between FoxNews and MSNBC all the time. We actually had FoxNews on about 80% of the time this weekend. The fact is, they ARE biased. They do skew things in McCains favor. That's not to say MSNBC doesn' do exactly the same thing in Obama's favor, I just don't understand why anyone on either side actually tries to deny the bias on any network!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Ruport Murdochs Fox news is the most biased source of political info you will find. May I sugest you research your source a bit deeper.
Search Ruport Murdoch+Fox news as a starting point.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
While it is fair to say that other media outlets are not in any way fair and balanced (CNN overtly became an Obama battletank). Calling Foxnews the "fairest" made me spit my coffee.

Also, here's something from the CMPA's own website:

Obama ran even farther behind McCain on Fox News Channel's Special Report with 79% negative comments (v. 21% positive), compared to 61% negative comments (v. 39% positive) for McCain since June 8. During the primaries Obama had a slight lead in good press on Fox, with 52% favorable comments (v. 48 % unfavorable), compared to 48% favorable (v. 52% unfavorable) for McCain.

They seem to directly contradict themselves, or am I wrong?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
People are voicing their opinions with their remote controls and they are choosing Fox News because they are so DISGUSTED with the Pro-Obama media.

Voters overwhelmingly believe that the media wants Barack Obama to win the presidential election. By a margin of 70%-9%, Americans say most journalists want to see Obama, not John McCain, win on Nov. 4.

The PEW Research Center for the People & the Press

FoxNews destroying the Obama loving competition

Live + Same Day Cable News Daily Ratings for October 31, 2008
P2+ Total Day
FNC – 1,503,000 viewers
CNN –899,000 viewers
MSNBC –811,000 viewers
CNBC – 284,000 viewers
HLN – 333,000 viewers

P2+ Prime Time
FNC – 3,304,000 viewers
CNN –1,592,000 viewers