It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquakes in North Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I don't usually watch the news because it depresses the hell out of me. My mom called me today and told me some minor quakes were felt today in North Texas. I wasn't too surprised considering minor quakes aren't unheard of in Texas. Surprisingly enough there was a minor quake in San Antonio last April. In the past few years we have had several minor quakes throughout the state.

News Article

I am from Boyd, which is about 35 minutes north of Fort Worth, and I wasn't able to feel anything, obviously.

Did anyone here from the Dallas area feel anything?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BrandonK

I likve in North GA, and while they are not unheard of here, I lived here all my life and never experienced one in our area until last year, now, they are happening all the time.don't be suprised if you start hearing of nearby ones on the regular now, I think global conditions are changing as they have on their own many times before, only this time earth is heavily inhabited.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
There's a fault zone in Texas so it's not exactly shocking that we have earthquakes. It's just that it's not common and it's damn interesting.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I live in Wichita Falls and I didnt hear anything about this, wonder why.
Maybe I should pay closer attention to what they are talking about.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
i live between dallas and ft worth. I felt the earthquake. it is really weird that the earthquake happened so near the the dfw area. there are no known faults here in this area. it maybe was caused by all the drilling rigs we have.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Seems to be a few minor jerking about in Texas.

Here is a map of recent quakes.

North America Region

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I would appear that there was another one today.

It's interesting to hear the reactions from people living in the area where they're occurring. They're actually frightened. Albeit, an earthquake is a frightening act of nature. They just don't realize we live on/near a fault zone.

I was discussing this with my mother earlier today and she put a little Bible twist on it. The Bible talks about the end time and Jesus saying there will be many earthquakes all over. She didn't pull out her Bible and start to pray or anything. She just knows that people will start to connect the two and panic if these earthquakes continue happening on a regular basis.

It's all very curious indeed.

[edit on 11/1/2008 by BrandonK]

[edit on 11/1/2008 by BrandonK]

top topics

join