It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden change of mind.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day

If this happens too much could McCain actually win? Do all Obama supporters really support Obama? Or are some only pretending to escape scrutiny? I don't think I was either. I simply lost all logic.

Has this happened to any of you?

Not to sound insulting, but did you "lose your logic" as you put it, or did you simply regain it? I believe that is an honest question to ask yourself.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

Originally posted by die_another_day

If this happens too much could McCain actually win? Do all Obama supporters really support Obama? Or are some only pretending to escape scrutiny? I don't think I was either. I simply lost all logic.

Has this happened to any of you?

Not to sound insulting, but did you "lose your logic" as you put it, or did you simply regain it? I believe that is an honest question to ask yourself.

Well, a vote is a vote. Too lazy to regret.

That "Logic" is self control.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I was an eyeball deep Ron Paul supporter until he left the race, but I have done my research and I just can't bring myself to vote for Chuck Baldwin. I am not particularly religious and I have nothing against religious people, but I worry that he may implement policies in the name of religion instead of the citizenry of the US. I feel like I'm being paranoid, but part of me is still considering a last second flip to Ralph Nader.

I agree about 90% with Nader on the real issues, however I do not like the idea of a carbon pollution tax. Like most people, I care about my planet and I want to make it better, not worse, but I do not agree that a tax is the best way to solve this. Perhaps a tax on corporations for mass pollution, but a tax on the citizens for succumbing to a contrived dependence on gasoline is only going to further enslave the population. I can't afford an electric car or motorcycle, so why should I be taxed for having to drive my gas powered motorcycle to school and work?

The thought has never even crossed my mind to vote for Obama or McCain...the 2 party system is dead and rotting...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Wow talk about a fickle voter. I'm surprised no one has brought up the possibility of mind-controllllllkilllobamakkl;;lkja

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

You say truth is the only real currency, well stop reading from the republican playbook. When Mrs. Palin was done with her town of less than 10,000 had run up it's debt to $22 million. Building big box stores and what a lot residence say is a useless sports and rec center that was supposed to pay for itself and didn't. Also for every Dollar her state contributes to the federal budget they recieve $1.84.

democraticactionteam.org...

They're number 3 in federal funding per dollar spent in fact. Such a MAVRICK.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by djpaec]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakyty
Wow talk about a fickle voter. I'm surprised no one has brought up the possibility of mind-controllllllkilllobamakkl;;lkja

No one's brought up mind control yet, but they will if the Messiah doesn't win.

There will be all sorts of excuses...
Harp tuned in to the voting machine frequencies and changed the votes.
NWO hackers affected the machine results.
Instead of the 'brown-note' machine, 'they' can tune in to your brain to make you vote against the Messiah.
Demons made you vote against the Messiah.
Evil ETs used mind control to make you vote against the Messiah.
People from the future came back to tamper with the results.
etc

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalExplanation
I have a theory that the reason Obama has so much support, is because white people want to vote for a Black candidate just to prove once and for all they are not racists. Like a badge of honor.

But your post is a good example of why my theory is true. You supported Obama, and convinced everyone that he was the guy you would be voting for, but when you got into voting booth, you changed your mind and picked the better candidate instead of just voting to earn your badge of honor.

Obama might be slaughtering McCain in the pre-election polls, but I think this election just might be closer than a lot of people think.

You could be right about the election being closer than many think. Here is a link, might make some folks think about our "democratic" freedoms.

www.uncountedthemovie.com...

McCain IMO is NOT the better candidate, unless you really want Palin for president. But lets agree to disagree, because I think this two party situation only creates a division between the people, when we all really want basically the same thing. A good life for ourselves and our children, good education, a chance to own a home and all the "American dream" come true.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Uhmmm... Die_another_day... I believe the quote is

L'etat c'est moi

But I digress..

So yeah, there I was in the polls today and I saw John McCain's name pop up first on the ballot.

It did seem like a natural thing to reach out and press the button. But I'm a die hard Obama supporter, and I voted my conscious, not my subconscious.

It sounds like you are a victim of some sort of Bradley effect, whereby your subconscious thoughts reached up and grabbed hold of your conscious actions.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Uhmmm... Die_another_day... I believe the quote is

L'etat c'est moi

But I digress..

So yeah, there I was in the polls today and I saw John McCain's name pop up first on the ballot.

It did seem like a natural thing to reach out and press the button. But I'm a die hard Obama supporter, and I voted my conscious, not my subconscious.

It sounds like you are a victim of some sort of Bradley effect, whereby your subconscious thoughts reached up and grabbed hold of your conscious actions.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by HunkaHunka]

Yeh... "L'etat, c'est moi." Lots of people tells me about that error, but when you learn french you write it your way XD.

Well, I still won't regret it if Obama wins Florida.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join