It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More taxes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Here are some highlights of the candidates proposed energy policies:
McCain: No windfall profits tax. Obama: $15 billion. GoBama. Sock it to those big corporations. The stupid people will believe this doesn't affect them. But this tax gets passed on by a rise in gasoline prices. No fat cats are going to take a pay cut. You pay the 15 billion GoBama tax increase.

McCain: $0.184 per gallon gasoline tax reduction. GoBama: No proposed reduction.

McCain: Domestic energy production tax deduction. This increases domestic energy production, and passes the savings on to the consumer. NoBama: Repeal all domestic energy production tax deductions, sticking it to the consumer for another $13.5 billion in gas price increases.

McCain: Energy stock dividends taxed at 15%. With 60% of American adults directly owning energy stocks, in their 401k accounts, IRAs, and mutual funds this looks pretty good. BadBama: I'm going to sock it to those wealthy energy stock owners, with a 39.6% tax rate on their dividends. I don't care is that means 60% of the people lose money. They're busy watching network news.

Energy Corporate Income Tax: McCain: 25% LittleBama: I'm socking it to those fat cats. They can afford it. The people are too stupid to realize they get this taken out of their pockets when they buy gasoline. 35% is my final offer.

Taxes on Foreign Subsidiaries: McCain: 0% Obama: 35%. The consumer pays in higher gasoline prices.

Ethanol tariff: McCain: $0.00 Obama: $0.54 per gallon. Pay at the pump. American motor fuel is 10% ethanol.

Development of Nuclear Energy: McCain: 45 Nuclear Plants by 2030, 100 total goal. Obama: No plan. Nuclear source electricity costs 1/3 of coal source electricity. Or, we can wait a few years, and the currently operating nuclear plants will reach the end of their licensed lifetime of operation. Then we'll have NoElectricity.

This is the tip of the iceberg. If you can't figure out what that means, vote for Obama.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
You simply cannot trust a politician when they say they will cut taxes. Obama will raise your taxes and McCain will raise your taxes. We have a failing economy, a fiat currency, several wars, over 10,000,000,000 in debt and on and on. Do you really expect the candidates to run on a higher tax platform?

Have no fear. The next President will promise not to raise taxes. – Anonymous

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
George H. W. Bush - " Read my lips. No more taxes" - ooops

William Clinton - "No, really, you can read my lips. No more taxes." - ooops - told the American people he needed to raise taxes even before he was sworn into office. Middle class hit with tax increase.

George W. Bush - "I will cut taxes." - He did. My daughter, who pays no income tax received bigger spread the wealth checks with each passing year.

Barack Obama - "Raise taxes for those earning over $250,000"
Barack Obama - "Raise taxes for those earning over $200,000"
Joe Biden - "Obama will raise taxes only on those earning over $150,000"
Bill Richardson - "Obama will raise taxes only on those earning over $120,000" - ooops. (Obama not sworn in, in fact, not even elected yet.

John McCain - "Keep the Bush tax cuts" - hmmmm.

Who to believe, who to believe.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

www.breitbart.tv...

I thought that was fitting with what you put in your post.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Ah! Numbers hate/hurt plucky's brain! please repost using visual representations of what you are all trying to say. Bar graphs and such. Now I need a Midol and some whiskey.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
A Call To Action: Ending The Political Game on ATS

Closed.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by elevatedone]

[edit on 3-11-2008 by elevatedone]

new topics

top topics

join