It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message from the Blue States to the Red States:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
we might have to give up alligator pears or avocados if you will but they could be imported. just in texas we grow many fruits, vegetables, grains and meats. add the ports of houston and galveston to import other materials. refineries for gas, oil and chemicals. other red states provide various fruits, vegetables, grains and meats. louisiana has refineries for gas, oil and chemicals. texas has several breweries. we can get whiskey, bourbon, etc from kentucky and tennessee. import a few deck tanks for scotch for bottling. so overall, no we would not miss the blue states.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Who gets the crude oil and food-basket of the USA? And all that grazing land?

Hmmm. I guess that would be...

Edit: Sorry, I was too late. This point was already made by

post by eradown

I shouldn't be reading bottom up, I guess.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
WOW... just wow.

Amazingly this thread is still alive. If I would have turned this to McCain states vs Obama states, I would have been banned or something.

But this is just stupid.

For the love of anything just close this thread

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Man! That sounds good! But you have to absolutely, positively promise to keep California. You can't give it back. I want your word.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Hmmmm...

I've seen the email in the op floating around before. Actually I first saw it shortly after the 04 elections I think.

Interesting thing about the red / blue. If you look a state you sometimes find the big cities in the state vote blue and other parts of the state vote red. The big cities voting blue are often enough to swing the states electorial votes to blue because of the high population in the big cities compaired to the rest of the state.

This is shown if you take a look at this Red vs Blue breakdown of the last Presidential election (04). The difference is this one is by county.

Red vs Blue by County Map (04)

As you can see by that map with the exception of a few NE states (like Mass.) most states have lots of red counties. But the blue cities with their higher population density swing the electorial votes blue.

Sooo..

Maybe it would be more appropriate if the blue's that want to leave didn't take their entire state and only took for the areas of the state that actually voted blue??

In 04 that would leave parts of the NE, parts of the west coast and scattered areas throughout the rest.

So you'd take the the big cities (NY, LA, San Fran, etc) scattered other parts and leave the rest??? Goodness knows you wouldn't want some unhappy reds messing up the harmonius blue paradise you are building!! But, ummm.. I guess you won't be getting all that farm land you mentioned. Most of those places voted red.

I did look for a red state rebuttal. Honestly, you are correct. There are not many out there. The one linked below is about the only one I could find. Honestly, this one is far more harsh that I would like. But it does follow the line of thought of only taking the actual parts that vote blue.

Dear Blue States

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Dear Nuevo California and your Newly Elected Leader:

I'm sorry to say that about half your populations are going to relocate to the Red States. These include most CEO's, CFO's, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, the high-tech industry and pretty much everyone in the top 5%. We're taking all of their federal tax revenues with us.

Since the large businesses and most successful small businesses are going to relocate, we are taking all their workers with us. This includes those who aspire to make their own way in life like Joe the Plumber, and the millions just like him.

We'll be advertising that any business left in Nuevo California who wants to pay lower business tax is welcome to immigrate to any of the Red States. Once everyone has moved over, we should have about 90% of the tax revenues.

You get the natural resources in Old California, we get Alaska, Texas and the Gulf Coast. That gives us 3/4 of the oil production and reserves.

You can keep Harvard and the rest of the Ivy League schools, but businesses in the Red States are going to recruit nearly all your graduates. The only charitable donations that will be tax deductible are donations made to Red State charities and schools. When we start new schools in the Red States we are going to recruit from your professors, but you can keep Ward Churchill, William Ayers, and Rashid Khalidi.

We promise 90-97% of our citizens will have jobs. 85% will have health insurance provided to them and for the rest we are going to give a tax credit to help them buy health insurance in any of the Red States. We will keep taxes low for everyone, and give additional tax credits to those who need it. We will call them Red States, not slave states, because we respect everyone in all the states who want to remain with us.

We will continue to have great health care since most of the doctors are in that top 5%.

We will finish the war in Iraq because even those of us who disagree with it know we have an obligation to a country we fully destabilized by starting a war there. Our military will remain voluntary. We will continue to focus on security within the Red States, since we do not want another 9/11. We should be fine, I think most of the military will be okay relocating to the Red States. We will be closely watching your unconditional discussions Iran.

We won't publicly claim that women with children should stay at home with the kids rather than run for public office, and then turn around and say we believe in equal rights for both genders. We will champion all women, regardless of political viewpoint.

We won't force our kids to share their peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, sharing will be encouraged but remain voluntary. We won't question the patriotism of those who don't want to pay 50% of their income in tax (federal, payroll, state, local, sales, etc.). We don't think anyone should have to pay 50%, that's too high.

We'll gladly let you keep the Democratic Leaders in Congress who want to increase spending through the roof. You can also keep Barney Frank, who just a few months ago said Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were financially sound, should take on more subprime loans and who fought against more oversight for these companies.

You can keep most of the media stations, we'll keep one. The irony is we'll get more balanced news on our one station than you'll get on all 7 of yours. We won't stand for top political officials cutting off access to reporters who ask tough questions or don't endorse them.

We will be willing to negotiate a trade agreement for pineapple and lettuce, since you will have lost so many jobs you'll probably agree. You can keep the beaches and the wine, we'll be too busy working hard and we'll find other ways to enjoy our success. The people who care about the good pot and expanding welfare for all will probably stay with you, good luck with that.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
'steal this state'

the sum of lines equal = 3

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

texans are an indepentant lot, proud and affirmed that we understand the ways of liberty and what that means. we believe that the govt should answer to us and fear us.

And you of course did a fine job of electing the village idiot! Not only as Governor, but as Pres. twice! and now it looks like you haven't had enough, so you vote once again Republican for McCain. Liberty? huh? Don't you realise that your beloved drunken coke snorting frat boy with silver spoon up his arse is the same one who has shredded the constitution and turned the govn't upside down by giving the executive nearly dictatorial powers?

"....it's the yellow rose of texas ....only me....the yellow rose of ..." If you want out of the union, we are ok with that. Just go already!

and for gods sake take Amarillo and the Baptist nut cases with you!

[edit on 1-11-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
reply to post by zoso28

texans are an indepentant lot, proud and affirmed that we understand the ways of liberty and what that means. we believe that the govt should answer to us and fear us.

And you of course did a fine job of electing the village idiot! Not only as Governor, but as Pres. twice! and now it looks like you haven't had enough, so you vote once again Republican for McCain. Liberty? huh? Don't you realise that your beloved drunken coke snorting frat boy with silver spoon up his arse is the same one who has shredded the constitution and turned the govn't upside down by giving the executive nearly dictatorial powers?

"....it's the yellow rose of texas ....only me....the yellow rose of ..." If you want out of the union, we are ok with that. Just go already!

and for gods sake take Amarillo and the Baptist nut cases with you!

[edit on 1-11-2008 by skyshow]

Bush owes much more to his families Connecticut political connections and bussiness connections than he does to Texas. Without the north helping the Bush family George Bush would have gone no wheres and done nothing in Texas. The people up North could have stopped the Bush family anytime they wanted.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by eradown]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
No witty rebuttal by the Red states is needed. byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee blue states.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join