It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eagleburger Blisters Palin: "Of Course" She's Not Ready

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hmm well there's one of those secretaries of states that endorsed McCain.

A former Republican Secretary of State and one of John McCain's most prominent supporters offered a stunningly frank and remarkably bleak assessment of Sarah Palin's capacity to handle the presidency should such a scenario arise.

"And I devoutly hope that [she] would never be tested," he added for good measure -- referring both to Palin's policy dexterity and the idea of McCain not making it through his time in office.

The remarks took place during an interview on National Public Radio that was, ironically, billed as "making the case" for a McCain presidency. Asked by the host whether Palin could step in during a time of crisis, Eagleburger reverted to sarcasm before leveling the harsh blow. "It is a very good question," he said, pausing a few seconds, then adding with a chuckle: "I'm being facetious here. Look, of course not." Eagleburger explained: "I don't think at the moment she is prepared to take over the reins of the presidency. I can name for you any number of other vice presidents who were not particularly up to it either. So the question, I think, is can she learn and would she be tough enough under the circumstances if she were asked to become president, heaven forbid that that ever takes place?

whoops

Funny, just another Palin doubter.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Palin has more experience in her big toe then Obama

Mulder searched for the truth ... you just scew it and mutate it.

Deny your ingorance bk

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SGSPatriot

Im quoting a supporter of John McCain, nothing more. This has nothing to do with Obama.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
If we're going to have a small town beauty queen,
who doesn't know the duties of Vice Prez
or even what the "Bush Doctrine" is,
- and who wants more power than Cheney had -
waiting to take over if McCain cannot see his term through,
we might as well vote Paris for President and be done with it.

Palin does not have anywhere near the knowledge needed to be a senator, let alone a potential President.

Palin does not have any depth or knowledge to enable her to be useful to McCain as an adviser.

McCain these days looks at Palin as though he hates her, and she allowed badges to be sold at her speeches putting her face where McCain's should be.

Palin is so dumb she wore a "vote Democrat" scarf during a speech.

Palin has shown a very unamerican respect for Putin's sexual prowess:
"as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, ... "

I thought America had had enough of her representatives inducing contemptuous giggles throughout the world instead of respect.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
He was on Your World With on Fox with Stuart Varney and he said he put his foot in his mouth stating that he wasn't really thinking about that when he said it.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Seriously???

After the whole "Obama's going to be tested" thing? You really think that if Palin had to step up......and she was "tested"....she could actually make some kind of sense of the world stage and geopolitics enough to make an INTELLIGENT and INFORMED decision??!?!?!?

......really?!?!

....I don't know which one to use.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

What makes you say that? She's been in politics, what, 12 years I think? 8 or so of them as mayor of a small, backwoods town? That doesn't even count...

Now 4 years as governor, that's getting somewhere.

I'm not saying she has no experience, and I'm not saying that she shouldn't be voted for based off of lack of it, but these people who vett her "executive experience" really blow it out of proportion.

You can attack Obama over it, you can attack Palin, Biden, or whoever, but when it comes to POTUS, experience is not necessarily the most important thing. No one person can be experienced enough to handle the job of president by themselves.

Being a good president is about fairness, good judgment, and having a well-rounded (possibly bi-partisan?) cabinet.

top topics

join