It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Incorrect/ Bad Prophecy Almanac

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I agree with Merriman Weir, create that thread, I am sure many people would like to participate in it.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Electric Universe, by all means create that thread

I may have been a bit over-enthusiastic in my original post, but in saying that, this thread is primarily used for the ones that dont come true. If you create a thread like the ones that come true, then Im fine with that, it will make a good sister thread to this one, would help determine who is fradulent and who is accurate with their prophecies

Im adding this one which was made by a member on ATS

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Apparently a large event was supposed to happen on the 9/3/09 (which is 9th of March 09), since it has come to pass, it gets its place on this thread

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Bill Deagle was right,maybe he didnt get the exact day right but it happened.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moreonethananyone

Bill Deagle was right,maybe he didnt get the exact day right but it happened.

Bill Deagle released his prophecy a couple of days into the depression. Other economists had been warning of a collapse for months and at least one had forecast it a couple of years prior. All it takes is a bit of investigation into the economy and one could see it wasnt travelling well.

But if you want ot believe Deagle, then by all means, go blow your money on his books and forums, but dont complain when you decide that you want your money back

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

How about theHeaven's Gate prediction of a spacecraft trailing Hale-Bopp? They thought the world would end (yawn) and committed mass-suicide. There are dozens more here.

I'm not saying *everybody* but I've noticed that of the ATS members that choose lilac avatar backgrounds, a whole bunch of them love 'end times' prophecies, doom, gloom and huge conspiracies. When I'm scrolling and see that color rise up...

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Im adding this one which was made by a member on ATS

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Apparently a large event was supposed to happen on the 9/3/09 (which is 9th of March 09), since it has come to pass, it gets its place on this thread

I have failed my fellow ATS members.

I stand by word that I will never make another prediction again.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Thats very gracious of you Doomsday, I respect your honesty

And this one has been added to the thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Great idea and SUBSCRIBED.

I wonder if 2012 will eventually go in here??

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Just added this one

Its nice and close.....maybe it will be the first one to actually come true....then again

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Because none of them come true.

BS, several predictions have come true.

You and whatever moderator/s keep helping you are showing a lot of bias against predictions.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Because none of them come true.

BS, several predictions have come true.

You and whatever moderator/s keep helping you are showing a lot of bias against predictions.

Well, so far so good on this latest one. Its already afternoon here on the 22nd, and only a few hours to go, and other than the solar eclipse which was known for a long twhile, there hasnt been any significant event.

Also, the moderators have nothing to do with this thread, so leave them out of this....would hate to see you get warned.

And, I know not all prophecies are complete bunk, and I know some of them have eventuated. So far though, I have yet to see an example on ATS. Like I said, Im happy to apologise if I am wrong

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

So you made this thread a sticky? and more so when the first thread that you see when entering this foum is about your claim that none occur.

So we have a prediction's forum with the first thread being about your claims that none occur, what exactly does that say? I would say it does shows bias againts this forum, and all predictions.

There have been plenty that have occurred. But some people, such as yourself, would not believe any evidence just because you don't want to think this is possible. It is as simple as that.

Are there people who jump to conclusions and give a bad name to the real predictions that occur? yes, there are plenty, but there are also plenty of predictions which were made before events and came to pass.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

So you made this thread a sticky? and more so when the first thread that you see when entering this foum is about your claim that none occur.

Yes, and yes it true, I did claim none occur....sorry for that...I was over reacting when I wrote it

Are there people who jump to conclusions and give a bad name to the real predictions that occur? yes, there are plenty, but there are also plenty of predictions which were made before events and came to pass.
[edit on 22-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

I know, I apologise for my first post, but looks like I was correct in assuming this latest one wasnt going to occur

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
ElectricUniverse has a point - skeptics (or rather debunkers) have an awful habit of throwing the baby out with the bath water, so to speak.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
OP, great thread. I remember the first doomsday prophecy I'd ever heard. One of those end-of-the-world ones. Gut wrenching. Silently crawling to the date, not wanting to discuss it for fear of ridicule. Nothing happened. Oddly, I felt cheated.

We all know the world is going to end. No matter what religion you believe in or if you believe in none at all. If you believe in science and no God, the sun will eventually burn out. If you believe in a God that destroys the world, so be it. If you believe that this world is a figment of your imagination, the world will end when you die. Any way you go, it ends. But we're fascinated by when and how.

Predictions, as a rule, will be right or wrong. They can't all be wrong and they can't all be right. But they hold our interest. I'd be very interested to see the dark twin to this one in the ones that came true. I think it would be fun to crunch numbers and get some ratios out of it.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This thread should be plastered on the front of ATS and have big bright red letters. Or at least be used a disclaimer

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Can I add a new one.

The decendant of jesus bloodline predicting our demise on the following, and his family will take over afterwards the whole world.
thanol= good stuff
etahnol= bad stuff will kill us by 2012
earthquakes= caused by man made drought
evidence provided= it rains more on weekdays

I vote that MODS get new special powers , instead of T and C violation image over removed posts, the following be added on false prophecies.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Oz, great job.

Too bad it's come so late.

You DO know that October the 26th, it all ends.

Right?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

I don't know but there seems to be more and more earthquakes recently , and some pretty big ones , but I guess its just coincidence

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

I don't know but there seems to be more and more earthquakes recently , and some pretty big ones , but I guess its just coincidence

Actuallt there have always been this many earthquakes, it just that with the internet and availability of infor on the web, its appears to be more.

Also the indian ocean tsunami covergae sort of brought the earthquakwe/ tsunami thing to spotlight

I actually found it bizzare that hardly anyone knew about receding tides as being a sign of an imminent tsunami, til after that unfortunant incident

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join