It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe HAARP is responsible for the recent earthquakes I do

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Why on a site such as this is there so much fear of conspiracy being true? and also has every one here forgot what the deffinition of conspiracy theory is??? just incase I have included it in this post...

A belief in or allegation of a group conspiring, or having conspired, to commit an illegal or wrongful act, or to cover up such an act; especially, such a belief that is rejected by mainstream sources; Hence, any belief that is considered far-fetched by the mainstream; a crackpot theory

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

No, HAARP is doing some very good research that helps anyone (civilian or military) who use radio transmissions. It's that simple.

Earthquakes are not caused by tiny stimulations of the upper ionosphere in Alaska.

You shouldn't believe something because it sounds true, but because it has supporting evidence - objective evidence, not just some random quotes from random people on some random website with mixed aims.

Deny ignorance - please?!

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

did you read my edit on the post that i failed to mention the first time around?

although HAARP may not be causing the earthquakes, that doesn't mean the technology isn't out there.

...hope that clears it up!

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Weather manipulation is nothing more than silver iodine and aircraft or Chinese rockets. This has been proven since the 1940's. Any nation with aircraft has the capability to modify weather.

Radios don't really figure into this other than directing airplanes to good spots to seed.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FTHEREDLIST

So that means everything you can't see does everything you can imagine. Don't you see how ridiculously illogical you are being? Just look at the evidence presented - everything at HAARP can be explained. Yet you want it to be something more, and so without evidence, you cling to vague baseless assertions made by others as gospel truth, then dismiss - out-of-hand - actual evidence from reputable sources.

There's no helping you. You'll be ignorant forever if you continue being so irrational.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

We're not scared of it, some of us just want evidence before we get our panties in a knot, that's all. It's called 'objectivity', and it's how people learn things.

And until there is evidence of it, it's foolish to assume it does exist.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by franspeakfree

Before you make yourself look silly, please read what the HAARP actually is.

Too late for that I think...

I have to say that I tend to avoid the conspiracy theory topics on ATSNN because of exactly this kind of post. I wouldn't have minded so much if it had been of the form "Some guy claims this, what do you think?" but the OP openly supported the argument from the outset, which tells me that he's not seeking the truth but validation for his bizarre theory. I don't know what he's been smoking, but can I buy an eighth?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

well, personally, i think it's foolish to think that it doesn't exist... do you have to have everything "officially" told to you in order for you to believe it? or do you think the rulers of the world really aren't capable of controlling us with advanced technology?

i know evil exists, and i don't need a web site to prove it.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome
reply to post by dave420

well, personally, i think it's foolish to think that it doesn't exist... do you have to have everything "officially" told to you in order for you to believe it? or do you think the rulers of the world really aren't capable of controlling us with advanced technology?

i know evil exists, and i don't need a web site to prove it.

My boiler broke down this morning and p*ssed water all over the carpet. At first I thought it was just a mechanical fault, but having read this I'm fairly certain it was down to a secret government program. Thanks for helping me see the truth

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

lol, thanks for making a mockery of my entire argument...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
No, but we did have one here in Dallas today. It was 3.5 on the Richter. Of course no damage but we felt it. I have lived here 25 years, that was a first.

PG

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FTHEREDLIST
Why on a site such as this is there so much fear of conspiracy being true? and also has every one here forgot what the deffinition of conspiracy theory is??? just incase I have included it in this post...

A lucid argument, good for you.

When someone makes a claim, regardless of source or idea, but believes it to be true; then can be shown that all the proof they have is not true, with scientific sources that are unbiased or dispassionate. What are we left with? It's not the truth the person believed or wanted to hear.

The person may even argue the proven source have their own agenda or slant. This is why they are called dispassionate, they have no dog in this fight.

If this person continues to argue points that have already been proven untrue, what are we really dealing with. You can call the person anything you want to fill in the blank, but he is really just _____________.

I'm not here to ridicule you or make you feel small. Just keep an open mind like we all do. Far more people than you realize will read this. You just need to keep this rational in mind for every thought or conspiracy you see on any any site.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

You kind of started it by insinuating that we must believe everything to be true before it's demonstrated otherwise. Do you have enough free time for that? And such disdain for learning? Sheesh.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

It must be the same technology they used to give me bad gas this morning. I mean, the technology might exist, so I have to assume it does, and it might be used on me, so I have to assume it does. It couldn't possibly be anything to do with the mean chili I ate last night - it must be THEM!.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

In the months to come there will be earthquakes in Syria, Pakistan,Iran,Iraq,Russia,China and more importantly India.

There will also be earthquakes in America, Indonesia, Japan, Britain, Greece, Turkey, Georgia, and a dozen more countries within the next few months. I guarantee it.

Do you know how many earthquakes occur every day? How on earth can HAARP be doing all that and making me a cup of tea at the same time?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Don't try to bring logic, facts, and evidence into this! This thread is for wild-ass guesses based on nothing but old episodes of the X-Files and what this one guy said on C2C, who's brother's-wife's-cousin's-dog's-previous-owner's-pool-cleaner's-uncle-who-worked-at-HAARP-with-the-grey-aliens-plotting-the-downfall-of-the-NWO- opposers said.. Or something equally as illogical.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

no one said haarp was responsible for all technonic activity just specif instances, like the pakistan quake and the china quake.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
SUPPOSEDLY....earthquakes caused by H.A.A.R.P. ( Project Bluebeam ) are exactly 10.0 K ( 6.21 miles ) underground. Go to the U.S.G.S. and look at the earthyquake lists.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Shystargazer

... even though there is no evidence to suggest either. This is why conspiracy theorists get laughed at. You are assuming things as being true with no reason to do so. Remember it's 'deny ignorance' not 'love ignorance'.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

jeez man... didn't you notice that i said i wasn't sure if any of this was true? you can't rule out the possiblity that it can't happen, though, because we don't know that for sure.

and i have a "disdain for learning"?! what?!

i'm trying to teach other people that you have to keep an open-mind about things, but also at the same time, use the common sense God gave ya! understanding what man is capable of is necessary... how can my desire to hear all sides of the story be equivalent to a "disdain for learning"?

i sure hope these things aren't true, but you know, i can't honestly say i know for sure that they aren't. you, on the other hand, seem to think that man, and TPTB for that matter, aren't capable of performing inhuman deeds for their own selfish benefit and progression...

[edit on 31-10-2008 by adrenochrome]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join