It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23% of Texans believe Obama is a Muslim

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Poll: 23 Percent of Texans Believe Obama Is a Muslim
A University of Texas survey finds that 23 percent of registered voters in the state still believe Barack Obama is a Muslim, though the Democratic nominee for president is Christian.

FOXNews.com Thursday, 2008-30-304 2 x in order to recommend a story, you must login or register. 653 Comments | Add Comment A new poll finds that 23 percent of registered voters in Texas believe that Barack Obama is a Muslim, even though the Democratic candidate has repeatedly explained that he is a church-going Christian. The poll, conducted by the Texas Politics Project and Department of Government at The University of Texas in Austin, showed Obama trailing John McCain by 11 points in the Lone Star State. Forty-five percent of those polled accurately described Obama as a Protestant. But the 23 percent who identified his religion as Islam is about twice as high as in typical national polls. Throughout his presidential campaign, Obama has been fighting false rumors, largely hatched on the Internet, that he is secretly a Muslim. On Obama's Fight the Smears Web site, which his campaign set up to battle harmful claims, it says that Obama is a "committed Christian" who regularly attends church with his family. The Texas poll interviewed 550 registered voters in Texas from Oct. 15-22, and had a margin of error of 4.2 percent.

------------------------------------

I saw this on Hardball with Chris Matthews.
This really amazes me, that so many texans believe this still.
I think he should come out and discuss his muslim background so people can hear it from the horses mouth. he does not practice islam. i mean how many votes will he lose to people that are just uninformed?

Moderator-Note: External-Quote-Tags added.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
What is sad isn't the fact that in texas that percentage actually believe that...

The saddest part is that it matters to people...

Religion should not affect someone's ability to get elected...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
There's pockets of conservatives here who go along with every scary sentence that comes out of any conservative's mouth. Some of them don't do much fact checking.

On the other hand, over 75% of us Texans know that allegation is wrong.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
New poll shows that 23% of Texans are idiots... Sorry but I had too, just ridicoulous what some people believe, in spite of evidence to the contrary.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
oooooh the supermod that posted right above you is from texas

hehehe

Still bummed out that religion matters in elections...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Ever notice that roughly 25-33% of Americans believe things like; there were WMD in Iraq, Iraq had something to do with 9/11, Obama is a terrorist, the world is only 4k years old....are we seeing a pattern here. Where is this misinformation coming from I wonder???(sarcasm)

Quite frankly, this kind of stupidity makes me sick.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
He aint Muslim? Next you are going to say I am not black......OH MY GOD! I'm going to stay this color!
So what......Most think McCain fought in WWII as well...........The real conspiracy on here is why so many of us "dumb Texans" are members or mods on ATS.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Those Texans should learn to do some research.
They should look up WHO paid for Obama's first degree at Columbia.
And why after graduating he had to work for a year at the Business International Corporation in New York.
A well known CIA front.
He ain't no Muslim, but he knows Islam.
That's why hes such a great asset to them.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

I agree with that.

Freedom of religion and religion discrimination are not friends.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I almost see this as a positive.

Just like Bryd said, 75% of Texans don't believe he is.

*I don't have any qualms against him being a Muslim. But since he ain't one, it's best if people don't believe it.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Originally posted by nj2day

I agree with that.

Freedom of religion and religion discrimination are not friends.

I'm right there with both of you.
The real ignorance is on the fact that even if he was Muslim that it would be insinuating something bad.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Some of us would prefer the leaders of our country were not members of any religion.

Anyone who believes some ancient superstition-based text should guide their decisions should be banned from office.

I support Obama because I believe he is the least likely to base his actions on ancient edicts, given to desert dwellers on the other side of the world, by their misogynistic gay and pagan hating theocracies.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
Some of us would prefer the leaders of our country were not members of any religion.

That would be my preference as well. At least, the mainstream orthodox religions. But that's just my preference. Ultimately I think it should be all or nothing I guess. Right now you HAVE to be a Christian and no other in order to have a chance at a Presidency.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I really don't understand this. Even if he was a muslim what is the big deal? Aren't people allowed to practice whatever religion they want?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lecter

Unfortunately the past decades fear-mongering war on terror campaign has driven into the Public's mind that there is a strong corollary between Muslims and terrorists. So that did not help any...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I wouldn't go as far as calling him a muslim but I think he has dubious connections to islam. Too many little things with him come back to islam and I don't believe in coincidences. Here is yet another item that makes one wonder.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by deathhasnosound]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Yups, now i wanna start a rumor. McCain is a North Korean with a superglued mask on.

Btw, why does everyone seem to think that all muslims are extremists or just plainly bad people? Are all white people dumbasses cuz Bush is a dumbass?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kallyx

Most human beings are not think-for-them-selfers that's why. At least in our modern world. MSM is the hive mind.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by deathhasnosound

Two things.

1) The symbol of a circle is not exactly a niche idea

2) Is that image officially affiliated with Obama's campaign?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join