It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Warning From Washington Regarding An Attack After the Next Pres. Takes Office..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

By the way thanks a lot for that info, exactly what I need to make my point to some people.
I already printed it out and it is ready for work tomorrow.

I think you make a really good point and I strongly believe you may have found a true connection.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
OF COURSE YOU KEEP HEARING THESE WARNINGS AND THREATS. if there was a threat, you wouldn't know about it. they would keep it on the downlow because letting the public be aware and be confronted by it adds a variable, the public's reaction. which the government has to now deal with, alongside the actual threat (which is what the massively overbudgeted department of defense would be focused 110% on 24/7, to y'kno, defend the nation.. right?)
SO, it stands to reason, if the above is true, that by letting the public know about vague, undetailed possible threats with virtually no information, only that the possibility of horrible death and tragedy is iminent, then clearly the guvment isn'ae informing the public of anything, and the only reason the statements were made was to incite a reaction from the public.
What sort of a reaction? aside from:
wild fear (read above posts)
wild speculation (read above posts)
and paranoia (again.. see abov posts.. no offense to anyone, btw) the intended reaction is to get you feeling the need for security...
thinking about which candidate would work best to react to such a scenario....
They are using the same old tactics of fear to keep you frightened of change... these messages are nothing more than an advertisement for Georgie's friend John McCain.. in a sly, despicable and manipulative way.
IMO.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by retzius

My stomach did a flip when I read this article, it sounds cock-sure that someting WILL take place, and then tells you it will probably be biological warfare. Why not just go ahead and tell us why they think it would be of this nature, it seems there must be good reason to say that.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I also find it interesting that Collin Powell even narrowed it down to within a possible two day period spanning 21 or the 22 I believe.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
What if they are warning people to thwart something bigger. Like publicizing it would stop it somehow because once we know it wouldnt be a surprise and diminish the impact. We know there is constant infighting in the factions.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by retzius
When I see Bush at these things lately he looks haggard. I know there is a lot of vitriol toward him, but have you ever entertained the idea that he is just a useless tool in this whole game, that he really wants to speak up but either wont or cant.

Ret

I have wondered if the pretzel incident was Bush getting the smack down from Rove and Cheney.
I don't know that these warnings are all that different from other dire warnings we have had. We need to quit poking that hornet nest. Learn people.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The wording has indeed been strange lately. This might be a bit of a stretch but I remember reading this article recently
www.infowars.com...
talking about a secret meeting of leaders in the Adirondacks that might be linked to the Trudeau Institute. Maybe they were passing out little vials? Sure hope not.
A couple days later this was announced
www.washingtonpost.com...
a huge new bio lab at Ft. Detrik - won't be ready till March though. The PTB definitely have bio on the brain.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

What’s wrong with poking the nest?
Doing so keeps them on their toes, and even if it doesn’t what does one have to lose by eyeballing government activity?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

thanks dude, ever since reading that article iv had a funny feeling about it
and all the talks of upcoming attacks have had me thinking about it more and more

i mean if one wants to create real destruction, you dont just send out a virus and leave the top microbiologist alive to solve/cure it within weeks.

The people who would carry out such an action are very meticulous and think every scenario out (as can be seen with 9/11). These people (whoever they are, they are trully evil) know that in order to take out large chunks and create mass chaos you have to get rid of the people who have the power to expose you.
in my opinion for 9.11 this was done by corrupting the media/getting rid of true investigative journalism.

a biological attack could start anywhere, transfer to hundreds of people within hours, and symptoms could take up to a week before they start to take affect.

mircobiologist beware, a storm is brewing.....get your chemistry sets out and be ready to find a cure.

all of this is just my opinion and take on this subject.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Where are you all reading a date for this event, or the statements by Powell? I don't see all that on the CNN article.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
My guess is that the intelligence community has said that the "terrorist chatter" that they monitor has shown a huge spike as of late and that they have partially figured it out, but what they figured out seemed so outlandish that they dont want to believe it.

Some have dismissed this outlandish conclusion, while others are freaked and trying to warn the public.

Funny you guys are talking about microbiologists and the link between their murders and all this. Im watching "I am Legend" right now, and will smith aside, its not bad and has me thinking, lol

Ret

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

Well I respect your opinion and I’m on board with you with this idea.
In fact in last 30 minutes I have given my self a nose bleed researching as much as possible on the subject. LOL

However do you think this could all be some kind of “slight of hand” before a move is made?
Some sort of situational judo to throw the public off guard knowing full well that many are actively watching their activity ever sense 9/11?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Here is the link to the Powell statements and Bidens too

nationalexpositor.com...

"The problems will always be there and there's going to be a crisis which will come along on the 21st, 22nd of January that we don't even know about right now."

Ret

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
ANOTHER 9/11 two presidents in a row? That's a shocker.

Robertnista, I think you're on to something with those counter bio terrorism scientists deaths, aye. It's not street punks who deal in bioterrorism or assassinate people.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Could it be that this is tied to the original Anthrax attacks and that there is another scientist or individual that they cannot locate and left behind some threat of the attack, but cannot tell us? almost like some x files episode and the government is feverishly attempting to locate these individuals.

The only way they can make these premonition like statements are if they are going to do something or if something is currently in motion and the attempts to stop it are ongoing, could it be Al Quaeda has infiltrated with suitcase nukes and biological agents and they have 100% knowledge of the fact, there are many scenarios that are running through my mind now.

But then again this could all be hypothetical, rhetorical statements to keep people and law enforcement on their toes during the transition.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by phinubian]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I posted this question in a similar thread a few days ago.

How do you know the days a crisis will take place but not know what the crisis will be?

"We dont know." Who the hell is we?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I think this needs more flagging! C'mon guys.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I agree star & flag from me.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Ok, so i did some more searching..

And I found that Michael Beyer, Chairman of the Defense Business Board, just said this:

www.infowars.net...

"Michael Bayer, chairman of the Defense Business Board and veteran Pentagon consultant announced during a public meeting late last week that the new President should "prepare for a likely first-270-days crisis."

Accordingly, the Defense Business Board says the new administration should set a goal to win Senate confirmation of key Pentagon posts in the first 30 days of the inauguration, in order to have a full team in place to deal with such a contingency, an Inside Defense report reveals.

The incoming administration “must not wait until June” to get assistant secretaries confirmed and October for deputy assistant secretaries to be Senate confirmed, Bayer's briefing (PDF) states."

Still a coincidence??

Ret

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

it could easily to be a ploy to get all us "nutjobs" talking and speculating about all types of scenarios, but the fact is something is happening, and there has been talks about how we are.....overdue
health.usnews.com...

The fact of the matter is, we – when it comes to pandemics, we are overdue, and we're underprepared. And it's necessary that we speak with candor about it and that we move with dispatch to prepare.

Pandemics are a biologic fact of life. They're part of the microbial world of viruses and bacteria and microbes that are constantly mutating, constantly adapting. They are aggressors, constantly seeking more fruitful hosts.

this alone is enough that if something were to happen....something planned...after the dust settles the media can go on and say it was a "pandemic and it was due to happen sometime" when in fact it was planned, even warned, and the people who could have protected us were being killed mysteriously.

again, i may be going way to deep into this, but no harm in speculating, im not trying to cause fear or make people worried, again just looking into the facts and what is going on around us in this crazy world.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join