It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens to people in Jail?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
You get anally raped.
True story

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Another one of those missing everything posts!

So I would assume that the person is asking what happens to all the people in Jail if the economy goes kaput and their is no more funding ...

Release them all into society!

or Lock the doors and walk away for a few weeks until they are all dead.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by 2stepsfromtop]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Probably move em to the internment camps with the other 8 million 'national security threats'...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Private prison industry is a booming! For now...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I was going to say. The 'Private' jails do not lose funding.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Hmm guess my opening thread disapeared but yea I was asking what would happen is SHTF and the government could not feed or sustain its regular population?

I personally think they would be released, euthanized or used as mercs to qwell civil unrest. If they were released their actions and lack of restraint would cause more pressure on us regular folks ?.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slickinfinity
Hmm guess my opening thread disapeared but yea I was asking what would happen is SHTF and the government could not feed or sustain its regular population?

As I have mentioned before, my former bro-in-law was a 'guest' of the US Federal gov't for a time, and it was pretty well acknowledged that if TSHTF, and their facilities were needed for a new class of 'guest', they'd be executed. I have not seen this refuted.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Thats alot of people to execute and imo if the PTB wanted to crack down on regular folks and make it a total facist/totalitorian regime then releasing criminals would serve there purpose well. They would cause disruption and would give the excuse for total martial law and people would readily accept it rather then deal with maurading criminals.

For that to happen though I think it would have to be far greater then the 1930's depression so I hope it never comes to fruition.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
I was going to say. The 'Private' jails do not lose funding.

They have to get the money from somewhere and if there is no money to give then wth would happen as the private companies would collapse and no longer be able to pay thier workers or maintain the facilities?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnny Canuck

You right on that...
Years ago when I was a juvenile corrections officer this same subject came up... now keep in mind this was not a place that housed shoplifters... this was full prison for those who committed murders and rapes...the real bad boys...

while there was no written orders it was pretty well understood that if things went very wrong a lotto would be held to see who drew the distasteful business of shooting the inmates in their cells. of course it was also made clear that as I had a problem with that my name would not be included in that drawing,,,as I was told "There plenty of others just itching to volunteer for that duty"! needless to say I quit that job pretty quickly

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by Johnny Canuck

You right on that...
Years ago when I was a juvenile corrections officer this same subject came up... now keep in mind this was not a place that housed shoplifters... this was full prison for those who committed murders and rapes...the real bad boys...

while there was no written orders it was pretty well understood that if things went very wrong a lotto would be held to see who drew the distasteful business of shooting the inmates in their cells. of course it was also made clear that as I had a problem with that my name would not be included in that drawing,,,as I was told "There plenty of others just itching to volunteer for that duty"! needless to say I quit that job pretty quickly

Milgram's results have changed little I see. Thanks for the info. Quite scary.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar Milgram's results have changed little I see. Thanks for the info. Quite scary.

I think this is more of a disconnect between Guards and inmates, and I'm betting that a lot of it is caused by overcrowding, Jail Inc. as an industry, and other factors that contribute to America's disproportional prison population.

A point worth debating, though. Incidently, my bro-in-law wasn't in the county system, he was in a Club Fed with a bunch of the white coller crew...something the Conrad Blacks inside might wanna keep in mind.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Are the Fed Jails that much nicer for the white collar crimes?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar

Are the Fed Jails that much nicer for the white collar crimes?

This one was...Leavenworth, Kansas. Pretty much an honour system. A whole lot better than the 'big house' or the disciplinary barracks down the street.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slickinfinity

Thats alot of people to execute and imo if the PTB wanted to crack down on regular folks and make it a total facist/totalitorian regime then releasing criminals would serve there purpose well. They would cause disruption and would give the excuse for total martial law and people would readily accept it rather then deal with maurading criminals.

For that to happen though I think it would have to be far greater then the 1930's depression so I hope it never comes to fruition.

Thanks for asking this question. I have found myself curious as well as the year 2020 continues to rage on.
edit on 16-6-2020 by LOGICGUY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Things get that bad every one here will have alot more important thing to worry about then people in prison they dont know and never will .
It is getting easier and easier to believe its what most people want .
The blood and gore has lost its intensity On Tv so people are bring it into the real world a never ending them of fear and to think the People in power are getting us to do half the work for them .

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Things get that bad every one here will have alot more important thing to worry about then people in prison they dont know and never will .
It is getting easier and easier to believe its what most people want .
The blood and gore has lost its intensity On Tv so people are bring it into the real world a never ending them of fear and to think the People in power are getting us to do half the work for them .
In this day and age, you are fortunate that you 'don't know and never will' anyone who is in the system.

top topics

join