It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I consider ufo's like the lochness monster when it comes to evidence. wtf, riiiiight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
i was looking for the rant section, but couldnt find it.

anyways, i was discussing general "conspiracy" topics with someone, and i mentioned ufo's, and he had a nerve to say, well, ufo's are like the lochness monster, referring to the evidence presented on the two.

excuse me. how does a few videos and pics of a sea creature in a lake, even challenge sightings going all the way back to before christopher columbus, (christopher columbus himself even saw one) possible drawings of ufo's on the pyramid walls, tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of reported sightings, thousands of videos, hundreds of testimonies from ex military, law enforcement, civilians, etc.., inquiry from the actual presidents of the united states themselves, etc... how does that even compare?

i know this dude considers himself intelligent, because he watched a couple videos on quantum physics, and thinks he is the truth on the subject, and he thinks his logic is above most, but between the discussion on ufo's, aids, 9/11, and physics, this guy is not who he might think he is, and maybe im taking a jab right now at him, that i shouldnt as a friend, but wtf.

the worst part, is like you all know, he is one of tens of millions of people within our country, who think just like that, and have stupid friends to say, "yup, your right, that makes sense to me".

ugh, disgusting, but i can only lead by example. so i say my side of things, and then i offer him some resources he can use to educate himself on the matter, and then come back and talk to me, and you know the response to that is always, "eh, i dont care that much".

really, you seemed real passionate about it when you thought i was not capable enough of pointing out your logical fallacies, and busting out information you had no idea of. hmmmmmmmmmmm

he was like, most of that stuff can be explained anyways. well, i never said it was all true, and if you had done research into the topic, ufologist will agree that alot of stuff can be explained, but that doesnt negate the ones that cannot. he didnt have much to say after that, because he was under the assumption that anyone with a vested interest in ufo's or the paranormal, just believe everything that comes through the door without and critique whatsoever.

bleh. sorry to rant

[edit on 30-10-2008 by jimmy1200]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Maybe you should just avoid discussing anything close to the topic with him? It would certainly save you some frustration.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Some people can't handle the concept of life beyond earth because it violates their e motional or religious safty nets. No matter what evidence you show them, they still won't beleive.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
oh, i will avoid. i gave him the benefit of the doubt, and got into it, and he has proven himself unworthy in my eyes, so i will stick to just drinking and playing games with him.he is my friend, so i aint mad really.

yeah, it doesnt matter for some people. i just dont understand how that type of mind works. it makes no sense to me

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The Loch Ness Monster myth is only kept going for tourism as the surrounding area has nothing else.

Pretty much the same for Roswell. Glenn Dennis who runs the UFO Museum keeps the myth going by trotting out little bits of nonsensical info each year. So called UFO experts hang on to it because they have books to write and sell.

Follow the money, you'll find your answer.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Maybe your friend doesn't believe in ufos because of the cultural norm.

Or maybe it's because he hasn't researched this subject enough.

Or maybe this subject affects his core beliefs if true, therefore he doesn't want to believe this like many of us do.

Either way, he obviously doesn't know enough about this subject considering that he said that there is the same amount of evidence for ufos as the loch ness monster.

You should avoid talking to people about these subjects when you know that they aren't interested in the first place. They'll just think you're nuts.

I suggest you continue your pursuit of the truth here at ATS, where such discussions are a part of life.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Well, what indeed?
What if we are visited, still, all the time visiting, ET all the time.

Well, sure, nice to know, need to know,
but how could it possible be more than another fact in daily life.

When they knock on the door to borrow sugar, that's where it starts for me.
I'm not momentarily packing my bags to visit some hotspot,
that would definitely ruin my life as it is, selfsufficient homebound dad.

I have been reading this board for some weeks now, but if there is a cause for ufology, it should be the recognition by science. And the conclusive ordeal the're real! Science has to be sharp. Everybody needs some sharpness.

There's a university in the states that has a masters ET, not sure though it's actually called like that. Perhaps something for Chrisonabike, as Luke in a couple of reenacted Beverly 90210's. That could really be nice.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Maybe he meant UFOs and the Loch Ness Monster were similar in that they are both mysteries.

Obviously, the evidence for existence for UFOs far outweighs that of Nessie. I can't imagine anyone who knows the full facts would compare the two.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
nah, he meant what he said. it was pretty much an exact quote. its all good. i understand how people feel on the topic. i dont get hysterical, i just thought the initial thought behind it was just stupid. there is no comparing the two

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmy1200
yeah, it doesnt matter for some people. i just dont understand how that type of mind works. it makes no sense to me

Yer, i parellel those ponderings..
I just don't get it, man.
How the hell some people just OPERATE.

we all do our best i suppose..

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmy1200

There are some excellent cases out there that have good physical and other evidence to help them.

However, the vast majority of cases are nocturnal lights and daylight disks seen from a distance. It is hard to get any real information from those cases, so they are put in the unknown category. They cannot be concluded as vehicles from another planet as there is not enough information.

It is true the vast majority of cases have a down to earth explanation, but there is always the few that stick out and even give the skeptics enough to ponder about.

new topics

top topics

join