It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New form of TB is airborne, drug resistant and it's in New York

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Amniodarone, thank you for clarifying the issue.

I would also like to point out to those people worried about relatives in New York that there were 19 cases reported in New York last year (as someone early on in the thread tells us, citing I think the CDC). That's out of over 8 million New Yorkers.

Most likely, several of those were from Riker's Island or other penal facilities. Others would have been among the homeless.

As a New Yorker, this is of very little personal concern to me.

This is an important story in much the same way warnings about an upcoming credit crisis were important stories eight years ago. The continuing emergence of newly resistant bacterial strains underlines the need to educate people about the importance of treating prescribed medicines with respect – using them as needed, and completing the prescriptions – and further research into how best to encourage this among populations who have difficulty adhering to the drug regimen.

And please remember, folks. This is cold and flu season, and the dry air from cold and from heaters turning on all over town have everyone's respiratory tracts a little bothered. If a doctor says they have to "rule out TB" that does not necessarily mean that they are worried it might be TB. It just means that there is a vague possibility that it could be and they're making sure.

For those wondering why the government is hiding this from us, please read the article. The CDC is rolling out a 50-city publicity campaign about it.

If there's a government conspiracy there, it's in keeping us so worried about bacteria that we forget the economy.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Doesn't anyone remember last year or perhaps the year before the news story about the guy who was jetting all over the place with some extremely lethal and resistant form of TB? He had gone abroad to get married and then gone on holiday too against the advice of his doctors. But he was an attorney so knew his way around prosecution.

Funny thing is, I can't find any trace of the story online. Is this another one of those collapsing worldlines? I get annoyed/puzzled when this happens and it happens altogether too frequently. Please tell me someone else remembers!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Here's a couple links about the groom with XDR TB. Remember that no one was actually infected on those flights, nor did any of his family members test positive for TB.

www.cnn.com...

blogs.cgdev.org...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

right now, I am ignoring a few health problems, one which well, quite frankly is begining to affect my driving ability enough to make me start considering finding an alternative method to get to work and back....no not working isn't an option, have to work, to live!
the other problem is something that might possibly kill me who knows, ain't worrying about crap I can't do anything about!!
in plain simple words, one little bill collector phoned me and well, when I explained to them that I couldn't pay a bill, I wasn't yet recovered from the operation she was bugging me to pay for, and wasn't working her answer was, well....
"why did you make the bill if you knew you couldn't pay the bill?" or something to that effect....
the fact that if I didn't get the operation, I would have never been able to walk again, thus no work, thus a nice disability payment made in my name paid by joe the friendly taxpayer seemed to have flown by her.
with all the talk you hear about people living within their means and all that jazz....fine, I will live within my means!! let the laws of natural consequences run their course!! Unless I had really good health insurance, which I don't at the moment, I would ignore these symtoms also!!
they would have to drag me to the clinic to be tested, since well, once tested, the next thing they would probably be doing is asking for our income information, then pointing to my husband's income, acting like it's mine, which it is not, and more than like wouldn't be enough anyway, and then, well, be sending me on my way to the nearest hospital for treatment...
forcing me not to live within my means!
no thanks...

I refuse to deal with the one bill collector I have, I'm not inviting more to call me and harass me thank you!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Isn't this a possible connection to another current top thread. Has anyone else noticed that? Or am I way late on this one?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

its the one about another warning from the government, about some sort of biological attack. It seems if there was a killer virus it obviously could not be kept a secret forever, but whoever knew about it might keep it from the public until the last minute as to avoid panic or something of the like.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

<< 1  2   >>

join