It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Front Window of Cindy Sheehan's Campaign Office Shattered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Front Window of Cindy Sheehan's Campaign Office Shattered

mwcnews.net

From Ann Wright and Ray McGovern, working at campaign headquarters of Cindy Sheehan in San Francisco:

At 3:30 AM Oct. 30 (Thursday), just five days before the election, the large front window of the campaign headquarters of Cindy Sheehan was shattered with pieces of glass flying all over the office.

They evidenced no concern that political intimidation may have been part of the motivation, or--worse still--that this may be an operation by a resuscitated "Plumbers" group. (And we do not mean "Joe the plumber." For younger readers, search on "plumbers AND break-ins AND Nixon".)
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.afterdowningstreet.org
www.cindyforcongress.org

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hasn't this women endured enough?

I'm thinking the "Dixie Chick CD-stomping/poster-burning crowd" is responsible... or could just be a clever free media stunt, performed by the Sheehan camp... maybe they have their own version of Rove? lol

... or simply an overzealous support of her opponent:
"Cindy Sheehan's opponent in her campaign for California's Eight District Congressional seat is House Speaker Nancy Pelosi"? ... "Informal "exit polling" of voters emerging from long voting lines (took 45 minutes to cast a ballot) at San Francisco City Hall on afternoon of Oct. 29 suggested an unanticipated but very welcome surge for Sheehan."

mwcnews.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well, no one was hurt so that's good. But people need to protest with words and signs not violence. Hope she does well, not sure if I want her to win since I don't know her platform and I'm about as far away from California as you can get.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Sheehan on the Issues (from her campaign website)

When you consider how many people each member of congress represents, every representative makes a difference... even if they are on the other coast.

As for the violence, if we play with the idea that such expressions of public "affection" are permissible... Sheehan would have been the last on my list to merit a hit like this. As you said, i'm glad no one was hurt and i'll add that i'm glad to see the office wasn't torched. It's a whole lot easier to replace some glass.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The All Seeing I

Or the better question -
Hasn't America endured enough of this woman?
The answer - YES.
She should go away and get the mental health help she needs.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I admit I am not terribly surprised by this and at the risk of being ridiculed: neither should she.

It would seem that with some of the more highly charged issues, depending on the degree of your political intensity, sometimes reactions lead to this kind of behavior.
While most rational people would hesitate to stoop to such levels, this is an act of passion and not rationality...even though I am leaning toward this being a very deliberate and calculated action.

If course there is a right way and a wrong way to go about addressing issues and clearly, this is a very deliberate tactic of creating fear and hardship for Cindy.

While I don't necessarily agree with what she is all about, I hope she doesn't give in to the bullies. Everyone deserves their rights to be protected.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Why is the blame automatically shifted to Joe the Plumber or "The Plumbers"? Sheehan is running up against Nancy Pelosi, one of the nastiest women ever to grace the halls of the HORs. I've no doubt that some of her team was probably in on this. Probably threw a monkey wrench through the window thinking that people would blame the plumbers group.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Sheehan vs Pelosi? Is there even a Republican in this race? Sounds like Dem on Dem crime to me.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I am actively supporting Ms Sheehan against Pelosi the traitor!

Anyone except Nancy Pelosi... she is bought and sold for miles and miles!!

Cindy don't give up we are with you on the issues!

Cindy your boy Casey's sacrifice is not forgotten! God bless you!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Maybe a veterans group had something to do with it. Otherwise, I would think that maybe someone from Sheehan's campaign did it so that they can claim that others are out to get her, thus making people give their vote tp her because they feel sorry for her. This is just my opinion, though.
Because dirty tricks can be pulled by a campaign against itself as well as against the person she's running against.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by The All Seeing I

Or the better question -
Hasn't America endured enough of this woman?
The answer - YES.
She should go away and get the mental health help she needs.

I dont understand how one can talk like this about a mother of a soul who fought for his country and passed on.

Attack Obama, sure.

Attack Clinton, sure.

Heck, I could understadn why you attack pelosi.

but Cindy sheehan? Cause she opposes the war, and speaks out about it? Her son paid the ultimate sacrifice for the country and you belittle his mother. I doubt he would take kindly to those words.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Is this another sign of a violent election season?

I hope not, I hope this will prove to be an isolated incident.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Reply to bknapple32:

The sad thing about Sheehan is that it isn't about her son...It's all about her. How many people get to meet the President and discuss the loss of her son, then all of a sudden, after getting "educated" (or brainwashed) she demands another meeting?

Casey Sheehan is a hero. Cindy Sheehan is a whacko.

I too wish she would just go away.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I think Cindy Sheehan is a complete and utter whacko. However, having said that, this is completely wrong. I am a firm believer in the Sanctity of People to be secure in, on, and of their Property.

I have three Neighbors for instance with Obama/Biden signs sitting in their front yards, only a few feet over from the sidewalk; and although I am completely against these candidates, I would never even consider taking, damaging, or defacing these signs. A neighbor of mine with a McCain/Palin sign was not treated to the same respect however, and such behavior has become extremely typical in this liberal area.

BTW, my neighborhood has historically been about evenly split Political-wise. Even during the Bush/Gore Campaign, or the Bush/Kerry Battle, when signs were destroyed, it was by dumb juveniles who did it to both sides of the aisle. I saw Bush/Cheney signs taken off their posts, and Kerry/Edwards signs ripped in half. It was essentially indiscriminate vandalism. NOW however, not a single household with Obama/Biden signs was even touched on Halloween out of all nights, but the house with a McCain/Palin sign had theirs taken. Folks are getting ridiculously biased around here.

top topics

join