It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wants to create a Civilian National Security Force. Why???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Narks every where you though the cases of people calling Child Protective Service on people who did noting wrong were bad.. wait for this..

I can picture my neighbors calling me in for stockpiling of fuel wood and food, and not being fair and I have to "share the wealth" with the masses..

This is like Nazi Germany..

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Well lets see all the lil singing obama kids...crazy leftist talking about civil unrest and camping out on washintons lawns until they get what they want and now this....hmmmmmm so sorry peeps he already has it mapped out.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
i think this would be bad... i am not eligable to join the military (although i think i can join the coast guard) so it's not like it would effect me, but, his plan is not practicle, this is america he's gona turn it into a "one way to live your life" type of deal and it should stay the way it is where you can live your life how you want to live it, that's how america is america. am i right?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It's really kind of amazing.

He said the flaw of the constitution is that it says what the government shouldn't do, but doesn't say what the government should do.

Well, the constitution says the government should protect and defend the nation.

But Obama wants to cut back on military spending and fund a citizen security force.

HUH?

Am I the only one who see this discrepancy?

Where are all of the people upset with how Bush tampered with the constitution? Are they voting for Obama?

Tell me, Senator, just who are the members of your civilian national security force going to be fighting against?

WAKE UP, PEOPLE!!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
People are so determined to get a Democrate into office that they are NOT listening to the words of their own man running for President..
Listen to his own words in the videos that have been posted on this thread...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I love the source; Citizenslim.com

The truth be that i would take Obama under any circumstance over el viejo.

I dont want another possible 8 years of BUUUUUUUSSSSSHHHHHHH!

Obama, you may be the antichrist, glad to meet ya.

I welcome you with open arms!!!!!!! You the man!!!!!!!!!

On the other hand, Dems and Reps are the same evil. Different masks.

Jsobecky, you are grasping at straws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must like what i like if you are my friend.

I think i'm having a mild breakdown.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Dont even try any more. dg, they will take homemade vids from that very right website and use it as proof for all the mudslinging against obama. I could find 30 of these pro obama and ant mccain. Let it go. I've found theres more happiness ignoring the fear.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
By creating this new "national security force"he (by not incorporating them into the armed forces) could possibly side step posse comatas.
Essentially they could have the same effect as the SS did in Germany just before the war.(the SS was Hitler's private police force before the war)

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
By creating this new "national security force"he (by not incorporating them into the armed forces) could possibly side step posse comatas.
Essentially they could have the same effect as the SS did in Germany just before the war.(the SS was Hitler's private police force before the war)

Oh great. Lets trust this video about this stupid CNSF, and now lets add to the fear by comparing it to hitler... jesus.

What is Obama? Is he a muslim? a Terrorist? a Communist? A nazi???

You do realize the nazis and commies fought each other right?

he cant be all of the above..

Typical. When one accusation looses steam, start another one.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by bknapple32]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Funny I don't recall calling Mr.Obama any of those things.I just said that essentially or in essence if you prefer.This force could be used as a private police force.The statement about the SS was for those who didn't know that they were a police force before they were a military force.

Your question about who is Obama? That is exactly what I would like to know.As far as a representable past,he has none.None that he will freely admit to anyway. As far as I can tell he is just another liberal pain in the a**,much like your self.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

In my opinion using the SS as an analogy accomplishes a couple things. First, you mention Obama and the SS in the same breath, it puts them on the same playing field... I dont think anything either candidate is doing deserves to be mentioned with the scum that is the nazi party. Second, you must have chosen the nazi party for a reason. Without saying it, you are implying it. You dont need to say it. Thats the whole point of implying. you say it , without saying it.

But anyone smart enough to read between the lines can see what you were hinting at. If I am wrong, Im sorry. But I'd like it if you flat out said you dont believe Obama is trying to do anything similar to the nazi party. If thats the case, I read the wrong tea leaves and Im sorry.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I can say without reservation that I believe Obama is NOT Nazi.What I eluded to was that the SS was used as a private (not under formal government control) police force.Before it ever became a military force.
Something about Germany not being able to have a standing army after wwI.
A civilian national security force not under military control would be the same as a private police force. Not subject to military protocall or posse comatas.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The movie is propaganda at its finest. Anyone who cant see that.. im sorry. I love how no one has answered to the fact the film claims he was born barry soreto. We have the birth certificate folks. Sorry....

Slap some scary music and take quote horrifically out of context, and there you have it. Oh ,a lso throw in some pictures of Obama in Kenya as an adult and hes a kenyan now. While we are at it, lets throw in some random clips of Islamic extremists chanting death for america. Of course Obama wasnt there, but put it in an obama movie and hes tied to it.

and now the black panther Saudis got obama into harvard. gimmie a break.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I love watching you talk .. As you desperatly look for a way to get obama out of the fire..

You found a positive action he has done yet to justify his run?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Let's see what he means by this security force before we start up the fearmongering machine just yet. I'm sorry, but I cannot help but laugh any time I see someone correlate a possible American organization vaguely to the Nazi's. I don't think alot of you realize what kind of man Hitler truly was. Read Adolf Hitler: The Definitive Biography. Or better yet, read Mein Kempf and then compare it to Dreams of My Father.

Let's take a quick makeshift poll. Who would rather see John McCain in the Oval Office? I'm voting Chuck Baldwin, but let's be realistic here about the larger picture of the American political demographic.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I have read the posts on this topic, and I have yet to find the answer to Jsobecky's question. Her question was a fair one.
Fact: Obama wants to have a Civilian National Security Force.
Question: Why?
www.youtube.com...
(Obama's OWN words Not ours)
Can someone stick to the topic and find the answer..

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Where were all of you during the 8 years of Bush 43? We could have used your concern for the overreach of government back then.
Just thinking out loud:
Just thinking outloud:
Civilian defense force could be to beef up our national defense lest China or Russia think they can hit us while we are down.

Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) anyone? If we are headed to a depression (thanks Bush 43 et al.) I bet there will be some make work programs to repair the infrastructure while alleviating unemployment.

Disaster relief.

ENDING reliance on parasitic and increasingly offshore corporations like Haliburton, Bechtel and Blackwater.

Blackwater. Think about the implications of a private security force like Blackwater. You want some brownshirts?

Now that's terrifying.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I am terrified, and I want to move to Alaska!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering how he would force Americans to fall in line, now I know.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Obama outlines plan for national service

bulletin.aarp.org...
EDITORS: END OPTIONAL TRIM)

Obama promised to increase AmeriCorps slots from 75,000 to 250,000 and pledged to double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011.

Presumptive Republican nominee Sen. John McCain of Arizona also supports an expansion of both programs and has stressed public service, including in the military, during campaign appearances.

Obama repeated his pledge to boost the size of the active military. But he also said the nation's future and safety depends on more than just additional soldiers.

"It also depends on the teacher in East L.A., or the nurse in Appalachia, the after-school worker in New Orleans, the Peace Corps volunteer in Africa, the Foreign Service officer in Indonesia," he said.

Obama had first outlined many of the proposals he talked about Wednesday during appearances in Iowa last December.

"We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set," he said Wednesday. "We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded."

He said he would make federal assistance conditional on school districts establishing service programs and set the goal of 50 hours of service a year for middle and high school students.

For college students, Obama would set the goal at 100 hours of service a year and create a $4,000 annual tax credit for college students that would be tied to that level of service.

Obama said he realizes there will be skeptics, but stressed that greater public service will make the nation safer.

"Our destiny as Americans is tied up with one another," he said. "If we are less respected in the world, then you will be less safe."

Here is I believe his answer to "Why" he wants to create it. Keep in mind Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy to Bill Clinton and George W. Bush has put in place some kind of corp.
What concerns me is the size and power that Obama wants for the "group"

I saw another blogger state "kids always rat on their parents" who needs Big brother watching when your own blood is watching.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
The obvious question is...WHY? Why would he need such a force like that?

Did you make ANY attempt whatsoever to answer that question for yourself? Or would you rather just plant the fear of an unanswered "spooky" question in people's minds so they can use their "Obama-fearing" imaginations to suspect the VERY worst? cough-Hitler-cough!

It's a very effective technique being used during this election cycle, I admit. Just ask a "scary" question about Obama (that guy we know NOTHING about) and the ignorant masses will let their imaginations run WILD with suspicious thoughts and wild speculation... and before you know it... Viola! Obama is Hitler! (or Osama or Saddam or a terrorist Ay-rab or whatever)

What is scary about this? Have ANY of you read about the program? Or are you just letting your Obama-hating-imaginations run wild with visions of a Hitler-esque takeover of our nation?

Ever heard of Google?

I think it sounds like a FANTASTIC idea! I'd like to know which part the people here object to:

Homeland Security Corps to help communities plan, prepare for and respond to emergencies. Participants will include full-time members who work with communities to help them plan and prepare for emergency response as well as a cadre of volunteers who can be mobilized to help in a national disaster. The Corps would draw on the experience of the National Civilian Community Corps, and work in cooperation with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). As a U.S. senator, Obama introduced legislation to create a national emergency health professional volunteer corps to ensure there is a ready pool of volunteer doctors and nurses who are willing, trained, and certified to serve in times of disaster. Obama’s planned Homeland Security Corps would build on that effort.

National Service Plan Fact Sheet

Is it the communities organizing together to prepare for emergencies and/or national disasters that's got everyone shaking in their boots?
Is it the volunteering part that's worrying you?

Just WHAT, specifically, has everyone's panties in such a bunch about this? Anything REAL or is it all imagined?

From the Chicago Tribune article:

From Franklin D. Roosevelt and John F. Kennedy to Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, presidents and those who aspire to be president have long put forth calls for greater public service. Some found success, while others fell short of their lofty rhetoric.

Roosevelt formed the Civilian Conservation Corps and Kennedy created the Peace Corps with strong support and participation, while Clinton’s AmeriCorps has never fully realized its potential, hampered by continuing funding struggles since its 1994 inception.

Still, as Sen. Barack Obama called for greater public service Wednesday, some experts predict the potential now exists for programs seeking an expansion of volunteerism to succeed, despite a slumping economy and the nation being at war.

Source

Oh, Lord help us! Americans volunteering to HELP each other???

Get out, while you still can!!!

Interestingly, the Previous stupid thread on this subject (which you would have found had you done a search), used the same "technique" of fear-mongering by asking a scary question.

It's old, man... It's REALLY old!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join