It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who gives a flying **** about the Palestinians?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
People would try and have us believe that every single Palestinian is a terrorist. Their country is in shambles and everybody wonders why they are pissed off.

Don't you wonder why some of their oil rich Arab neighbors do not help them to rebuild their country? Maybe build some roads and schools and industry so they can have something constructive to occupy their time and give them hope for tomorrow? How about some water treatment plants, hospitals and farms?

Don't you wonder why the Arabs only want to give them guns and rockets?

I believe that the Arabs don't care about their welfare and only want to use them as cannon fodder and propaganda. As long as they are pissed off and their country is in shambles, the Arabs can point at them and say "Look what the mean Jews did to them."

Their own leaders do not care about them. Look at the money Arafat had squirreled away in Switzerland when he died. The current leadership are criminal thugs/warlords. Who is going to liberate the Palestinians? Who will finally care enough about them to be their champion?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
watch this shocking documentary

Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Thanks. That video is not playing for me. I will see if I can find it on YouTube.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Thanks. That video is not playing for me. I will see if I can find it on YouTube.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Thanks for your link. I appreciate the education and have given you a star. I wish I could give you more.

My final question still must stand though. Who will be the champion for the Palestinians? Will it be Obama? We know it will not be McCain.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I checked the link and it seems to be working now

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Peace Propaganda & The Promised Land (part 1)

(Part 2)

It's a real bad situation in Israel. The West Bank and Gaza Strip are massive prisons. What surprises me is that the United States government tolerates, and also encourages this kind of horrid and intolerable acts of violence and terrorism.

The Hasbara Project is the Israeli PR focus in the US to make sure that the citizenry of our country continue to back and support these kinds of terrorist activities.

In all fairness and truth, the occupation of the west bank and Gaza strip is a terrorist act by the rogue nation of Israel. Our support of these terrorist acts is the crux of why the middle east does not like the US.

The 1948 Arab-Israeli War, known by the Israelis predominantly as War of Independence (מלחמת העצמאות) and War of Liberation (מלחמת השחרור), and by Palestinians as the Catastrophe (Arabic: al Nakba, النكبة ) was the first in a series of wars fought between the newly declared State of Israel and its Arab neighbors in the long-running Arab-Israeli conflict.

Source: Wiki

In this presidential campaign both Obama and McCain have pledged support for Israel, as it is the United States mandate to protect Israel at all costs. While both candidates tell you they will not pander to special interest groups both have actually done so.

If you want to know how both candidates have supported the Israli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip all one would have to do is look up AIPAC

[edit on 10/31/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Israel attacked and destroyed the USS Liberty in the 1960s and LBJ swept it under the rug. Had any other country purposely attacked any of our ships, we would have retaliated to make sure it never happened again. This case is in James Bamford's excellent book "Body of Secrets" (2002).

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225473672&sr=8-2

Israel is a double edged sword, and all the candidates want that Florida vote so they pander to it.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

i started a thread today in 'breaking alternative news' about the gaza blockade and it was shocking to see the views expressed despite logical evidence of what is wrong with the whole situation. it is horrid to see people buying propaganda from both the arab and the Israeli perspectives...

as i don't want to risk hijacking this thread i will just paste my opinion on the whole arab/palestine/israel situation:

"Egypt occupied Gaza from 1948 to 1967.The war was started by Israel however when Israel and Egypt signed their peace treaty in 1979, in which Egypt got back much of their land lost in the 1967 war, they didn’t push the issue to get Gaza back. Why not? Because Gaza was occupied by Palestinians.

The Arab countries also have not wanted to take responsibility for the Palestinians. Basically the Palestinians are being used as Pawns in the battle to exercise “right of return” if certain agenda's needed to be pushed forward.

Hammas which is their government was elected because they were considered 'lesser of the two evils' by the Palestinians at that time. The usual scenario of a two horse race. But realistically what should Hammas do? They should recognize the right of Israel to exist, as the PLO has. Until then they share responsibility for the suffering in Gaza.

In this twisted political game, does Israel deserve some responsibility for the current situation? in a nutshell - Yes.

One has to remember that the primary responsibility for the welfare of the Palestinians living in Gaza lies with the nations that put them there, with Israel, and with the Palestinians themselves. This responsibility has clearly not been discharged. Israel’s security argument is correct as far as stated. All nations have a right to protect their own people.

However, all nations must display due diligence in maintaining the health and welfare of innocent citizens under their control. Israel maintains almost complete control over the economic well-being of the Palestinians in Gaza, thus it bears the principle burden of their humanitarian maintenance.

Some of the people of Gaza are guilty of direct action against Israel; many are guilty of simply voting for the leaders of these people. However; an incredible number of people in Gaza have not yet reached the age of majority!

If any Israeli politician would state simply to the children of Gaza and to him or herself: “I’m going ruin your possibilities for happiness and prosperity on Earth. I will make it impossible for you to find a job and to reach your potential. If you’ve a disease that requires a maintenance drug, or if you get just a simple infection, I’ll let you die, and I will do all of these things because some of your relatives hate me.”

Perhaps the idea that mistreating people always engenders hatred, which always engenders retaliation, which always engenders mistreating people, would dawn upon him or her, and the innocent might be spared, an the guilty might see their children prosper, and their anger might be mollified. The interactions between nations must always be seen as conversation between two individuals. Communication is a shared responsibility; failure so to do implies shared guilt. Someone must start talking first. "

new topics

top topics

join