It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Republicans Are 'Neater' Than Democrats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I thought you all might enjoy this....

A group of psychologists conducted studies on two groups of students -- those who identified as Liberal and those who identified themsleves as Conservative -- and though they did numerours tests, they found the bedrooms of the students involved in the testing were the most revealing of their nature and habits.

Conservatives' bedrooms tended to have more calendars and postage stamps. They had more flags and sports posters. Conservatives' bedrooms were neater and better lit—they had more laundry baskets, ironing boards, cleaning supplies, and sewing thread.

Liberals' bedrooms had a greater variety of books (especially books about travel, feminism, and music). They had more CDs and a greater variety of music (folk, world, classical). Liberal bedrooms had more art supplies, cultural memorabilia, and maps of other countries.

Further tests showed:

"Liberals did appear to be more open, tolerant, creative, curious, expressive, enthusiastic, and drawn to novelty and diversity, in comparison with conservatives, who appeared to be more conventional, orderly, organized, neat, clean, withdrawn, reserved, rigid, and relatively intolerant."

Here's the link to the article.

So what say you, Liberals and Conservatives? Do you see yourselves accurately reflected in this study?

Cheers!
TWISI

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I almost choked when I read this. I would like more on this because it sounds like it is straight from someones' think tank.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
How long before the obligatory "Nazis were neat too" post?

Or does this count?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
So quick summary:

Clean neat bedroom = intolerant

Messy artsy bedroom = tolerant

Sounds to me like someone already had the stereotypical personality traits assigned before the bedroom study and is just trying to get their views pushed out.

By the way I am fully conservative and my bedroom is messy, contains no calendars or postage stamps, and we keep all our books and music in the office.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Fiscal Conservative, Social Liberal: I have no calenders or postage stamps. My room is filled with video games, Scifi/Fantasy novels and metal albums. It's quite messy in here.

Still sounds like a bunch of stereotyping however.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I am a republican and as embarrasing as it sounds,I never leave the house unless my clothes have been ironed,and I must be showered first,is that such a bad thing?

new topics

top topics

join