It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australians charged over attack on 75-year-old blind flamingo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Australians charged over attack on 75-year-old blind flamingo

www.breitbart.com

Four Australian teenagers were charged Thursday with attacking an almost blind greater flamingo that is believed to be the oldest bird of its kind in the world, police and zoo officials said.
The flamingo's head and beak were injured and it was bleeding from an eye after the attack at Adelaide Zoo that left it in a critical condition, zoo staff said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
A couple of weeks ago the 12 year old who fed reptiles to alligators.
There was the Kangaroo boxing a few weeks before that.
Now this.
I just don’t understand it.
What could beating up on a defenseless blind animal *do* for these 4 kids?
Is it pack behavior?
Is it boredom?
What?

Yes, I’m looking for something to point a finger at and say *This is the reason the kids of the world are behaving thus and so...*

Is it something they ingested early on?
Chemtrails?
It can't just be drugs...

There’s fluoride in the water from infant formula up.
Mercury in inoculations - who knows what in some of the new flue shots.
Genetically modified food.

What is it?

Maybe it isn't what they have, but what they lack?

Our society's turned to *entertainment* being the end all.
And when entertainment isn't enough anymore?

Michael Chriton- TimeLine. “Today everybody expects to be entertained and they expect to be entertained all the time. Business meetings must be snappy, with bullet lists and animated graphics so executives aren't bored. Malls and stores must be engaging so they amuse as well as sell us. Politicians must have pleasing video personalities and tell us only what we want to hear. Schools must be careful not to bore young minds that expect speed and complexity of television. Students must be amused...“

“Where will the mania for entertainment end? What will people do when they get tired of television? When they get tired of movies?.. And what will they do when they tire of theme parks and planned thrills? Sooner or later, the artifice becomes too noticeable. They begin to realize the amusement park is really a kind of jail in which you pay to be an inmate.”

“This artifice will drive them to seek authenticity.”

Maybe that’s what these kids are seeking.
Authenticity - in a sick and perverted way - authenticity - in a world where they find none.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by silo13]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Totally disgusting

Is there a new drug getting round that is making these kids want to hurt defenseless animals?

It's about the only thing I can to explain why this keeps happening...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Yes, indeed, I am so very proud of being a human being. King of the universe, God's finest achievement...

The parents of these teenagers also did an excellent job, apparentely. Way to go to teach your children compassion and normal decent behavior.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Is there a new drug getting round that is making these kids want to hurt defenseless animals? It's about the only thing I can to explain why this keeps happening...

I don’t know.
Maybe we just hear about it more now because of the internet.
But I don't think so.
I think it's more.
I just don't know what it is, but I'm looking.
Sadly, I don't think Ill be able to tie up whatever *it* is in a nice little box, but, I'm still looking.

...taps...

[edit on 30-10-2008 by silo13]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I did think we hear about it more often because of the internet but i've been online for 10 years now and don't recall hearing about this sorta thing too much until this year. This is the 3rd incident this year.

1) The guy beating up the kangaroo
2) The kid killing reptiles
3) Now another kid uses a flamingo as a boxing bag

Also, these 3 incidents have been reported on the local news.

I dunno, could the internet make these kids more immune from compassion and decency?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I really hate to admit this because I am afraid I may suddenly appear on a lot of "foe" lists and get nasty U2U's .. but .. maybe it will help someone understand. First I must say I have done a great deal in my adult life to make amends ... volunteer work and rescuing .. and I have pets now which I love dearly and would never harm. I even swerve to avoid squirrels and turtles!

But anyway, as a child I was abused, long term. In my own personal experience abuse causes anger which has no safe outlet and eventually turns to rage. This accumlulated rage must then be turned inward (self-destructive behavior, suicide, etc.) or outward. My mother's pets became a target for my rage, partly just because they were there and couldn't fight back, and partly because they received all of the attention and affection that I was denied.

It isn't right, it isn't acceptable, it isn't justified - ever - but sometimes children (and even adults) simply have to have some outlet for unbearable, uncontainable anger and rage.

Then again, some kids/people are just sociopathic/psychopathic monsters with no empathy, compassion, or conscience who ought to be locked away before they "graduate" to hurting humans. Unfortunately, we're probably never going to do that until after they injure or kill at least one human.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Thank you for replying with such honesty.
I hope you do what you can to find peace for yourself.
Over what was done to you and how you reacted to the terrors the world brought you.
I’ve been on my own end of being horrifically disappointed with my actions - who hasn’t.
Thanks for your honesty.

...taps...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
First off the kangaroo incident, then the little idiot and the reptiles, and now this

We need tougher penalties over here to deal with these sickos

top topics

join