It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woops: McCain Funded Rashid Khalidi

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

firedoglake.com... Read the title. According to ATS rules you have to post the headline as the topic. And it says right there "McCain distributed several grants to the Palestinian research center co-founded by Khalidi, including one worth half a million dollars." And actually your claim that I didn't prove he funded him proves you never even read the news story. SO you're posting without even knowing what's going on.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by GamerGal]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
firedoglake.com... Read the title. According to ATS rules you have to post the headline as the topic. And it says right there "McCain distributed several grants to the Palestinian research center co-founded by Khalidi, including one worth half a million dollars."

The rules also says something about posting information from blogs doesn't it? Its obvious at this point that the headline of that story is false.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Except it's not false.

A 1998 tax filing for the McCain-led group shows a $448,873 grant to Khalidi's Center for Palestine Research and Studies for work in the West Bank. (See grant number 5180, "West Bank: CPRS" on page 14 of this PDF.) The relationship extends back as far as 1993, when John McCain joined IRI as chairman in January. Foreign Affairs noted in September of that year that IRI had helped fund several extensive studies in Palestine run by Khalidi's group, including over 30 public opinion polls and a study of "sociopolitical attitudes."
Since you won't check the link. TAX REPORTS PROVE HE DID IT!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

All politicians have some dirt on them. The game is to not be left holding the bag of dirt when the bottom gives out of the bag. So here's the game for today. McCain's involvement with Khalidi is well documented and well know. Obama's involvement is only made interesting by the fact that the L.A. Times won't release the information. Is Obama chanting "Death to Israel, Death to America"? Maybe he's just sipping wine and nodding off during someone else's speech. We don't know and the secrecy of the whole ordeal is what's making this a story. In short.

McCain involvement...Not secret.

Obama involvement... Hush hush.

That's the real difference if you ask me. If you have a Playboy magazine on your coffee table you're a "typical guy." If you take them into your closet and read them you're a "creepy weirdo". See the difference?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

From page 1:

reply to post by dbates

Wrong. McCain was a chairman of a group (The International Republican Institute) which funded an organization that Khalidi co-founded. Big difference.

You see? You're ignoring facts that don't fit your assertion.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

GamerGal, do you understand the difference between giving money to an unsespected terrorist group, and having dinner with a terrorist group while spouting hatred? To show what you are trying to say you need to show that it was known back then that they were terrorists, open and defiant, and that McCain knew this, and not a clip from todays news talking about the past. You need to research news from the 1990's and make the connection that way. We can make the connection between Obama and a horde of terrorists because he always seems to find his way into their company of friends.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

No. What's the difference where you read it? And actually leaving it on the table for company to see... Especially if they have kids over. And I don't deny that all politicians, ALL PEOPLE, know dirty people. But the BS is that when McCain funds Rashid, Rashid is a Great AMerican Hero. When he gets within one hundred yards of Obama he turns in to a terrorist. When Ayers works with a board set up by RR and works with RR's close friends he's an American Hero. But he drives by Obama's house and he morphs in to a terrorist. Either they are ALWAYS TERRORISTS or THEY AREN'T! Unless you want to claim, and prove, Obama has a "laser" on the moon that can turn you in to a terrorist.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Rational??
www.merriam-webster.com...

Where has the thinking gone??

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Anybody else getting the impression that the only reason that this thread is still going on is so that GG can get some points out of it?

Seriously, she doesn't want to hear anything to besmirch her beloved Obama.

This discussion is going nowhere and is now wasting peoples bandwith.

I request it get locked and that we all move on to better topics.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

The point wasn't to say that one is worse than the other. The point is that if you hide something you're usually admitting guilt else why would you hide your actions. We know what McCain did. Now let's see the video that the L.A. times has with Obama in it. Until that surfaces we can only assume the worst (as is human nature).

Trust me. If there was nothing of note in the video it would have already been released.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by dbates]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by COOL HAND

First, I'm so far in the whole this topic could go on a hundred pages and I wouldn't be out of it. Second, I don't care about points, what are they for anyways? Third, you still refuse to accept that either McCain funded a terrorist OR he is not a terrorist. Either Rashid was funded by McCain and not a terrorist, this no big deal that he knows Obama, or McCain gav money to a terrorist and Obama pals around with terrorists. Which is it? Again my money is on he's not a terrorist and McCain, and Obama, did nothing wrong. But you keep trying to convince me that McCain funded terrorism. And lastly, Wha? Beloved Obama? I know a few people who would find that offensive. Or do you LOVE McCain? Do you want to make LOVE to McCain? See, offensive.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

And what would that be? Obama being in the same room? Heck even if it shows them making out what does that mean? Either Rashid is a terrorist and McCain funds terrorism, or Rashid isn't and it's not a big deal that McCain funded him or Obama made out with him while wearing women's underwear.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius

From page 1:

Wrong. McCain was a chairman of a group (The International Republican Institute) which funded an organization that Khalidi co-founded. Big difference.

You see? You're ignoring facts that don't fit your assertion.

I love how people draw their lines zigging this way and that to show the "clear" differences between two situations so they can put "their guy" on the moral high ground and "the other guy" in the dirt!

"Oh, but McCain never MET him,(he just FUNDED him), so there's the difference"!

"McCain was CHAIRMAN of the group..." There's a difference!

"Rashidi only CO-founded the group, he didn't FOUND the group"... There's another difference.

"There are differences! Therefore McCain is innocent and Obama is guilty"!

Yeah, there are differences. McCain wasn't friends with this guy, he GAVE HIM MONEY!!! Half a million bucks! There's a difference for ya!

It's too funny! The truth is, once again, McCain and Palin are attacking Obama for things they, themselves did first! Pathetic...

McCain in the Membrane

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
GC in her own words from another thread.

But the deal is that McCain partied down with him first. McCain gave him hundreds of thousands of dollars. Now according to you McCain funded a terrorist who pals around with Obama. My point is the guy isn't a terrorist, McCain didn't fund terrorism, and Obama doesn't pal around with terrorists. But you keep trying to convince me McCain supports terrorism with half a million dollars.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Shows us a video the media is hiding to keep their leader out of trouble. Show us the anti-Jew parties McCain went to. Show us where McCain spoke at these groups and claimed "the Israelis are committing genocide". You cant, because McCain doesn't pal around with terrorists.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You are deliberately missing the entire point of these posts, aren't you? The differance is obvious, or should be.

Take off your partisan blinders and look at it with clear eyes.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yes, that's what I said. You're point? I say McCain did not fund a terrorist AND Obama doesn't pal around with terrorists. But you keep claiming Rashid is a terrorist, and so McCain funds terrorism. Which is it? You can't have it both ways. Either Rashid is a terrorist and McCain funds terrorism and Obama pals with terrorists or he isn't a terrorist and both candidates did nothing wrong.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

AND Obama doesn't pal around with terrorists.

So, why is the LA times hiding a tape of him an an anti-Jew bash?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

HOW!? They claim Rashid is a terrorist, and Obama pals around with him, BUT McCain doesn't fund terrorists. But McCain gave him HALF A MILLION DOLLARS! So either Rashid is a terrorist and McCain funds terrorism OR he's not a terrorist and McCain doesn't fund terrorists.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join