It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woops: McCain Funded Rashid Khalidi

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by spines
So the lesson of this whole thing is supporting Isreal good, supporting Palestine bad?

Supporting Palestinians makes me sick to my stomach.

www.youtube.com...

They deserve NOTHING from any of us.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
reply to post by GamerGal

GG,
Can you show any evidence where McCain personally met with Khalidi?

Can anyone?

Its not important whether they met or not.

Bottom line is the person running an organization (chairman) is liable for the actions of that organization.

AKA why a CEO can be fired for crappy company performance.

McCain, regardless of whether it was knowingly or not, chaired an oprganization that passed funds to an organization that was founded by an accused terrorist.

McCain was responsible for every penny of that organization and where it went. He saw all the paperwork as it passed through the admin offices.

It doesn't matter if he met with the guy or not. He ran an organization that didn't do its due diligence and funded an organization it shouldn't have.

Bottom line is the President of the United States needs to show accountability, and this is a perfect example of McCain showing none, and here you are supporting him.

I don't care who gets elected cause pretty much shiz is gonna go down eitehr way. Both of the candidates are overplayed and unqualified for the position so we are stuck voting for the worse of two evils, AGAIN.

Both of them need to step up and asure the people that they are open to being held accountable for their mistakes, the exact opposite way that Bush has used his mistakes to beget more mistakes and justify one with the other. Its insanity.

So glad his term is coming to an end.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

You and your friends claim the man is a terrorist, only AFTER he met Obama. Before then McCain was giving hundreds of thousands of dollars to a great American Ally. When McCain knew him and palled around with him he was a great guy. But you claim only AFTER he met Obama he turned into a terrorist. My point is either he was a terrorist when McCain gave him tons of money and met Obama or he's not a terrorist and this is more "A backwards B was carved in to my face!" BS.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
You and I seem to understand the spin, BS, and partisanship being shown they just don't see it, yet.

You seem unable to comprehend your own heavily-biased partisan spin. This is the problem that contemporary politics and politicized media has created, the "other side" is always the originator of unsavory spin.

No politician is clean.

All politicians are dirty...

And they are making you (the rhetorical "you") dirty by association.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

"So... McCain pals around with terrorists? Or are they only terrorists when Obama knows them? After all Ayers was placed on the Charity board by a good friend of Ronal Reagan but he wasn't a terrorist until Obama knew him..." Kind of sad. McCain pals around with him, Ronald Reagan's close friend pals around with Ayers, but niether one is a terrorist until they met Obama. How does that work? Is it some aura that Obama has that suddenly makes some one a terrorist?

I read it. And according to you it doesn't matter that McCain palled around and funded this man. It only matters that years later Obama met him. Just like with Ayers. When he works with the Reagan Administration and close Reagan friends he's a great man. But he gets inside of Obama's "aura" and morphs into a terrorist.

I repeat,

No doubt. If you listen you can hear the scratch noise when the needle jumps back to the start of the same track. These quotes are from two entirely different threads. I guess we're just discussing talking points here so I shouldn't expect the words to vary by much.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

You mistake my blatant attempts of trying to show the BS to them as me being partisan. I am doing what they do. Like with the Palin Clothes debacle. I don't care what she spends BUT when the McCain Palin use the most stupid asinine BS against Obama... the clothes debacle is brought out. When the GOP spins and blasts Obama for knowing this guy I am turning it around on them. If this guy is a terrorist then he was one when McCain gave him tons of money. He didn't morph in to one when he got within a hundred yards of Obama like they claim. Either he is a terrorist and McCain funded terrorism or he isn't and this is all BS. Also a star for you again. And dbates NO ONE has answered the questions. Did McCain fund a terrorist or is he not a terrorist? Or does Obama have a super power that turns people in to terrorists? How can he be a great man and deserving hundreds of thousands of dollars from McCain but morph in to a terrorist when he gets too close to Obama. Either it's BS or he was a terrorist being funded by McCain. My vote is the guy isn't a terrorist and McCain did nothing wrong, neither did Obama, but apparently he is an evil terrorist, but only after he met Obama.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by GamerGal]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

During the 1990s, while he served as chairman of the International Republican Institute (IRI), McCain distributed several grants to the Palestinian research center co-founded by Khalidi, including one worth half a million dollars.
firedoglake.com...

Oops. McCain supported this guy before Obama even heard of him. So... McCain pals around with terrorists? Or are they only terrorists when Obama knows them? After all Ayers was placed on the Charity board by a good friend of Ronal Reagan but he wasn't a terrorist until Obama knew him...

Hmmm... let me see, that was in the 1990's before it became obvious that these people hated America and wanted the destruction of Israel. It wasn't like 2003 after the 9/11 attacks and statement by Ayers "that he wished he could bomb nore.."? Or when Khalidi called for the destruction of Israel at a party with Obama, Ayers, and himself and the PLO....

The problem here is that people try to give a tit for a tat so then that makes unity with terrorists now ok. But two wrongs (even if one was not evident) do not make it ok. Obama has too many terrorist friends IMO.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

But that's just it! They claim they only turned in to terrorists after they met Obama. I claim they either were terrorists the whole time, when McCain funded them or they worked with close friends of RR, or they aren't terrorists and this is all more BS. But they still claim that they only turn in to terrorists when Obama gets close to them. Like it's a super power or hypnosis. It's BS, either they were always terrorists or they aren't. You can't go "Ok when McCain gave him half a million dollars it wasn't funding terrorism because he wasn't a terrorist. But five minutes before he met Obama he turned in to a terrorist."

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I would answer that but it would just be the same as my previous answer. If the question doesn't change then the answer never will either.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelligent life
Its not important whether they met or not.

Yes it is, but GG can't answer the question.

McCain, regardless of whether it was knowingly or not, chaired an oprganization that passed funds to an organization that was founded by an accused terrorist.

At the time the funds were provided, there was no evidence of Terroristic tendencies. Had folks here done some research they would have seen that for themselves.

McCain was responsible for every penny of that organization and where it went. He saw all the paperwork as it passed through the admin offices.

Can you prove that he signed off on every piece of paper that went through his office?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Things change over time. Back in the 1980's the C.I.A. was helping to funnel Stinger missiles to the Taliban in Afghanistan to fight the Russians and yet that is still seen as patriotic today.

As was mentioned before. You're taking a vague money transfer back from the early 1990's and equating it to having dinner with terrorist today. Times have changed. I seriously doubt that the same group would fund Khalidi's company after 9/11 yet Obama still has no problem going to the man's house for dinner.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by intelligent life

Just for a little clarity. McCain is Chairman of the Board of Directors. He is not a Staffer or Officer in the organization. The Board serves in an advisory capacity. www.iri.org... www.iri.org...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

But they aren't talking points. They are MY questions. How is it that they aren't terrorists when they work with McCain or RR, but turn in to terrorists when they get close to Obama. Either they are always terrorists, even when McCain funds them or they work with Republicans, or they aren't! They don't suddenly morph under a full moon into terrorists after they stop working for Republicans. Either they are always terrorists or they aren't. That is my point, and my question. Unless you want to claim Obama uses hypnosis to change these people in to terrorists.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I am doing what they do.

Indeed.

Throwing back mud, at those who threw mud, only results in the dirtying of your hands.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

They may have been suspected terrorists prior to 9/11 but they were known and outspoken terrorists post 9/11. But knowing all this, Obama "chose his friends carefully".

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

I can handle some dirt under my fingernails. It's fun to watch them act shocked that any one would do what they do. Especially when it hits so close to home. McCain funded a terrorist, or he didn't. EIther this guy is a terrorist and McCain supported him or he isn't a terrorist and Obama is not palling around with terrorists. They want their cake and eat it too but in the real world you can't. Either he was a terrorist the whole time and McCain funded terrorism or he's not. My money is on that he's not and McCain did nothing wrong but they are trying to convice me he is a terrorist, thus McCain funded terrorism.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

dbates, why does this thread still have that title? At no time during this thread as the OP proven McCain funded anyone.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

But they aren't talking points. They are MY questions. How is it that they aren't terrorists when they work with McCain or RR, but turn in to terrorists when they get close to Obama. Either they are always terrorists, even when McCain funds them or they work with Republicans, or they aren't! They don't suddenly morph under a full moon into terrorists after they stop working for Republicans. Either they are always terrorists or they aren't. That is my point, and my question. Unless you want to claim Obama uses hypnosis to change these people in to terrorists.

GG,
I'll answer your question, even though you have ignored mine.

At the time that McCain "dealt" with him he had demonstrated any terroristic-type tendencies. We had no evidence that would lead us to think that he was one. We don't have the ability to read minds, so how we were supposed to know at that time that he was a terrorist when he showed no outward signs of it?

By the time that Obama personally met with him he was already making statements that were sending up flags at organizations like the CIA, DIA, and FBI. In that case we had information that would lead us to think that he wasn't someone to be trusted. Apparently Obama trusted him enough to meet with him even knowing that he was someone of interest.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
reply to post by dbates

dbates, why does this thread still have that title? At no time during this thread as the OP proven McCain funded anyone.

I agree with you on this. But for what it's worth the OP believes it to be true and has a question as to why there is no equality in her assertion. We can help clear that up as we are doing so well...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Every question you ask has been answered. You just choose to ignore them and continue on your little diatribe about McCain that isn't even backed by the facts.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join