It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Please Help Me Identify This?!? NOW!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
mesh wifi hardware... like google wifi

www.google.com...[/url]

not saying its google, but its most probably wifi

no need to worry

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Could it be some sort of speed camera?
Or perhaps a solar charge unit or something like that?

Wifi node, Makes sense but i cant say for sure.

If theres more around then i highly doubt you have anything to be concerned about personally .
Upgrades and service to lines and other equipment happen every single day even after you move house.

[edit on 29/10/2008 by Omega85]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
OMG. Like I said, I feel a little uneasy because it showed up after I started living on here.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Either a linear transient chamber or a isolinear sensor array. Possibly an environmental flux diagnostic unit.

Definitely.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Either a linear transient chamber or a isolinear sensor array. Possibly an environmental flux diagnostic unit.

Definitely.

LOL

does a quote still makes this one line?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
It does look a little like the wifi node BUT it doesnt have antennas on top.

Also, there are only 2 providers here one is cable (underground) the other is Verizon. I can for sure say this is not Verizon equipment because my friends husband works on the telephone polls.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Cairowoman

Hi Cairowoman,

When did you notice it?

Did it just suddenly show up overnight or what?

Easiest way to get the answers is like someone already suggested on here call the people who installed it.

If one of those shows up on the light near my house I will have my shotgun ready.lol

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

the antennas are probably part of that fluted cube thing slung underneath. they dont have to be pointing out the top to work-

www.cbc.ca...

or

Plus, it might be a 3rd provider independent of verizon or whoever. MetroFi pretty much only does city wide mesh wifi, and google takes care of mountain view in CA as a free service. Im sure there are others. You probably are unaware of them since they only seem to appear to be in the infrastructure building phase. Once they set up more nodes and are close to going live, im pretty sure their marketing boys will go into action

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Again let me say that I do not want it to be anything bad because I dont want to have to move but there is no other ones in ALL of the neighborhood EXCEPT for my street.

I have not noticed these anywhere else and trust me since I have noticed this one I am always looking out.

Also it doesnt look like any of those pics. It is NOT solid metal covered on all sides. It is more like tinted plexiglass.

Finally yes they just showed up one day. To make it more scary, the one in front of my house was there for about 2 months before I got the nerve to take pics and ask around. The day after I took the pics the other one a few houses down showed up. I tried to rationalize that maybe I missed the other one but like I said I have seriously been on the lookout as I try to fig out what this is.....

Do I need to take more pics? Would that help.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Don't panic. Call your City Department of Public Works. Ask them.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Ring the council and ask.
Some people, once they get the idea in their heads that the government is out to get them, become so convinced that they will see red flags everywhere they look even if its there or not regardless of what is put to them.

If you think there after you because of ATS what have you done on here that would prick up their ears? anything?

If you haven't done anything that would arouse their interests and they really were after you then i can tell you that they would be after every single member on here because its well known that they watch the site.

Perhaps instead of telling us over and over again that you moved there and then this popped up and you think its the government etc maybe you should take some time to do some legwork, You live there so you know all the councils authorities companies etc.Take some time to chase this up properly.

Do you have anything even remotely sensitive that would give the government probable cause for "Being after you " ?? ? ?

There are sure fire ways about finding out what this thing is , just search around. If it is the government then its the government but if its not then at least you can stop telling us that it is lol
Do you think theres more chance of the government being after you because you belong to our community and these boxes pop up or do you think theres another more probable answer?

If you want to find out what it is try ringing the lines people and tell them that the little box is smoking and shooting sparks all over the shop, they will get someone out there to have a look at it if its there own people or not, and then you can have a look for company names,go over and ask what there doing, what the box is for etc.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

i completely agree with all you've stated, 100%, except for one thing...

...where is the drama?

honestly, some people find it more comforting to be surrounded by a sense of importance, and the more drama they can imagine out of every-day scenarios, the more important they feel

which is why a wifi node turns into a prop from 'enemy of the state'.

if they were really spying on you, the chance of you even being remotely aware is so small as to be effectively zero. They certainly wont be strapping big boxes-o-tricks to the streetlamps outside your door

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
in most cases a citywide wifi antenna system will be mounted on light poles not power or telephone poles.

in the US the power companies and phone companies share poles.
in some cases they rent the right to cable companies to hang there system.

But it is almost imposable to find any place that the owners power, phone company allows more then one cable company to hang there system.

This means that if a second Internet company comes into town they have to find another way to run there system.

In some towns now because the phone company owns the poles and is a Internet and tv provider . they don't want competition.
so they will not allow another company to use there equipment.
and there you will find this type citywide wifi system and the antennas will be mounted on city owned light poles
In a city wide system the antennas are spaced in a grid about every 500 to 2000 feet around town

A few years ago i help set up a city wide system in a little town because the town only had dial up Internet and the phone company set it up so the for the people in the town it was a long distance call.

The person that set the system up got a 10 year contract for a dedicated phone line and did not tell the phone company that it was for a Internet system.
He had the line run to his office in town and and buried cable to two wifi antennas mounted on county owned light poles in town. and run them to the office and connect them to the phone line.

When the phone company found out they went to the county and got laughed at.

It cost anyone in town $10 a month to connect to the system and you can buy a card for day or week use at the local restaurant/bar

the only other system i has heard of is some towns now have a RF system to read the power and/or gas meters in town with out sending a meter reader out to read them.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by ANNED]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
If you read my prior posts you would know that I wasnt trying to make it dramatic. I just want to know what it is.

Yes I am more sensitive to the other sheeple that dont notice new things in their surroundings more than others HOWEVER one thing ATS has taught me is that alot of things sinister or otherwise; are hidden in plain sight. Hidden Cell Phone Towers

If you dont first notice notice and then if you dont ask then you dont KNOW!

If you look at the links they have a website where people just post pics of these hidden cell phone towers. I found this before I posted here doing research as to what in the world this was since innocent phone call/Verizon worker interview lead me nowhere.

My only concern is that I have never seen anything like this nor has friends/ family/other neighbors and they are not seen/used in other neighborhoods and I am curious.

SO you can call me paranoid or whatever but until I know for sure I am concerned.

PS Transformers are in plain sight and are accepted by all as a fixture in many neighborhood but they emit large and measurable sums of radiation. Of course people think they are "Safe" because they wouldnt have them in front of houses if they werent "safe". As for spying no I have no reason for them to watch me. I am just exercising my right to free speech. The references to being on ATS all the time is satire only and you would notice that in the main post.

Does that clear that up. Good.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

its tinfoil hat time!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Nothing to worry about. If the government was spying on you do you really think they would put a box on a pole that you would see?
They could easily spy on all your phone calls, your email, etc. without you noticing a thing. If they wanted to take video the camara would be about the size of a penny or they would use satellite.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The light sensors in my area are the size of a small drinking glass. They do not include any boxes or wiring coming down from the light head.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Is there any chance it could be this?

Electrified Cover Safeguard

I dont know if that hanging thing has anything to do with it, but if you scroll down, it does show that one of the items looks like a red tag on the side of the pole. *shrug* Just a thought is all.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by shaolin_dragon

Not really. I am going to take and upload some pics of the red part today when I get outta work.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
looks like a digital or analog transistor or anttena, could be part of the coming digital conversion, or the popular conspiracy project blue beam, damage it and see who comes to repair it, that will tel you if it is mallicouse in intent, I know spelling sucks.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join