It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Please Help Me Identify This?!? NOW!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I am curious to know what this is. It is on two light posts on my street. My significant other jokes and says that I am on ATS too much and the Govt. is spying on me....Could it be true? No, but seriously folks. I noticed these after Verizon put in the FIOS in my neighborhood and I thought that had something to do with it UNTIL I asked a friend that works for Verizon and confirmed that this WAS not Verizon equipment. There is no other boxes on any other light posts in the neighborhood like this. I have driven up and down the block to see if anyone else has these boxes and they dont. One is directly in front of my house and the other is a few houses down on the same side of the street. Help. Being an ATS addict doesnt help.

If it is nothing let me know. I could just be paranoid. Either way please help!!!

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Cairowoman]

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Cairowoman]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
well i work for an electric company and can tell you how to maybe find out what it is. call your provider and get teh ph# to your poles and wires company. (the TDSP). if that is a private guard light it could possibly be some way to disconnect it for non payment or maybe some type of meter test.

i live in texas so if you're in a different country the acronym probably won't appy. but the number to your TDSP should be the number on the back of your electricity bill to report power outages to.

they're the ones who own the meters/poles/wires etc and do all disconnects, reconnects and so on. if they don't know what it is then you could have something to consider.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Thanks that helps a little. I am in the US. I called the regular number to customer service and they didnt know either (I forgot to post that) but It wasnt this special number. I will call tomorrow and let you know.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
yeah your provider probably won't know, not unless you request to speak to a manager or someone who cares enough to take time to think about it, lol.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Still what could it be?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Not to worry they are just sensors

Light standard boxes

see also:relays/nodes/sensors

Hope that helps ease your mind

[edit on 10/29/2008 by justgeneric]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
No clue... never seen anything like that. You do have me looking at the local light poles though. If you really, really want to know, shimmy up there some night and remove it
Just don't get caught or break your neck or electrocute yourself doing so. BTW.. love the 5 deadly venoms avatar! What a great kung fu flick

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by justgeneric

I only wish it looked like that it is not all solid all the way around! Look again I can blow the pic up and reload it to photobucket if you would like.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Off topic post***It is the ultimate conspiracy movie if you think about it. Which warrior should he choose? It is freaking awesome!

On topic****I am getting a little afraid because NOONE has seen anything like this anywhere locally.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
i'm going with the light sensors. sounds like it's right. although in your defense i've never heard one single customer ever complain that a guardlight didn't go on/off at the right time. but i work in residential not commercial so it could happen all the time for all i know and this device may be saving lots of heartache.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Looks like a node to me.

Could be anything from wifi for internet(probable) to weather data(possible). Or maybe it's spying on you

I wouldn't be too worried about it.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by _Del_]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Mozzy, excuse my ignorance but why would it only be on a few lights and not all and why have I never seen them on any other light posts nearby? I assume that the polls are all the same age as the neighborhood. If some sensor went out wouldnt this be a common sight? I am not trying to make something out of nothing I just need to know. I know its probably not a camera because it is not see through completely but it is like a tinted plexiglass material not a metal box like in the sensor pics above.

PS this is a nice quiet low crime neighborhood...no need for cameras?!?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
maybe it was more cost efficient to add those items to an old neighborhood's gaurdlights instead of installing new ones. maybe the gaurdlights of a new neighborhood didn't pass inspection and needed something extra. maybe it's a testing phase for a new product. maybe it's stage one of installing new equipment to the lights.

maybe somebody important has a bachelor pad in that area and has had extra protection added for his/her security during the getaways.

who knows... just call the TDSP and ask them. if they don't know then you'll have to start calling govt. offices i suppose.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

Thanks man! I will post my results from my research tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Light sensors would actually be built into the actual light assembly - that box looks pretty extravagant just to sense if it's light or dark.

Have you talked with anyone else at Verizon? Being an Aussie I'm not up with what they might be doing, but I'm betting that it could be a WiFi service... The black cord hanging over the light looks like it could be some sort of antenna.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
i dont think it can be anything intrusive or to `spy` as its not exactly in the most well concealed area is it
my guess is they are testing something with the poles
have you rang the company behind the poles?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It appears to be a highly sophisticated bird feeder.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
maybe it's a detection device to keep theives from stealing the copper wire. there's a problem with that in my area.

maybe it's a heat exchanger or some type of moister gaurd i dunno.

finally.. could be extra surveillance for those mafia hoodlums living in your area. heh.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Two things that I noted from the pictures.

The second "wire" appears to lead to nothing at all, and just drapes down like it was cut, and the "box" patched in.

Second thing is the red sticker on the back of the sign near ground level. Some time back there was talk of signs with coded stickers for whatever reason, such as military vehicles and FEMA death camp roundups.

I'm not trying to say that's what the red sticker is, just curious. Have you looked at the sign to see if there's anything strange about it? Maybe take a picture of the sticker.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The light is a common 400 watt power bracket light.The box attached under and behind the light is not a photo cell switch as the light from the fixture would turn it's self off.It could be a power transformer,if they couldn't find an internal replacement.But I doubt that is what it is. It looks like those transducers they use at weigh stations on the interstate.Wireless communication node.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join