It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philadelphia= WORLD CHAMPS!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I just wanted to start this thread in the hope that someone else here in Philly is experiencing this amazing night. I live in South Philadelphia and this is something to behold. Fireworks, cops having beers by smoldering barrel fires, everyone singing, screaming and jumping. It feels like this city is breathing..

Philadelphia really needed this. It is only a sport, but it will do great things for this city.

GO PHILS!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Note: I just walked from South Philly to North and back, and I'm quite certain I saw a good hundred thousand dollars worth of damages. Sad, yes, but WOW, the people here are ecstatic.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
You betcha! I am beyond happy! After the win last night I popped in the car and headed over to Pat's to get a 'cheese wit'. Only Philadelphians know of what I speak. I'm going to paraphrase a line from the movie 'RUDY'. My eyes have never seen such a beautiful thing.
EVERYONE was huggin', high fivin', screamin' with joy. Oh and ummmmm..... lots of ladies 'flashin' and stuff. Say what you will about Philadelphia. Our reputation is out there. Heck, we threw snowballs at Santa Claus. That being said. There's no other city I would rather be a part of. As diverse a city as it can be. Tough? You bet. But when it comes down to it, I can honestly say that Philadelphians stick together like nowhere I've ever seen. I might get in a fight with someone today, but if the doody hits the fan, that same someone will take my back tomorrow.
Philly! You deserve this honor!

[edit on 30-10-2008 by lombozo]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Hey it's not only in Philly guys. I was celebrating like crazy last night down here in Kentucky! Granted no one in my neighborhood knew what I was screaming about, but I did it anyway.

Oh, and I'm born and raised here in KY, but I know exactly what you're talking about getting a "cheese wit". I've spent a lot of time visiting Philly, and one of these days when the opportunity arises, I'll be moving up there.

Until then, I send my support from down here. Wish I could have been there last night!

GO PHILLS!

Now we need to get the Eagles to do the same this year.

It's Philly's time baby!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Oh, and I'm born and raised here in KY, but I know exactly what you're talking about getting a "cheese wit".

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

I spent alot of time in Fort Campbell, Kentucky (Home of the 101'st).
Dude, when you come up here, let me know. The Cheese Wit's are on me! After last night, with so many people doin' the luvin' in South Philly, I'm gonna be on a natural high for the rest of my life! I've never seen anything like it!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'll definatly let you know next time I'm up there.

I was gonna head up for an Eagles game this season but I'll probably stay close to home this year and drive up to Cincinnati to watch us beat down the Bengals instead. Although that season ender with Dallas is looking pretty enticing....

Either way, it's the Phillies time for now. I still can't believe it.

And just for the record. How freaking awesome is Brad Lidge?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think all those guys played like men possessed for this series. Lidge, Hamels, everyone. Hamels change up alone can destroy an entire team.

Speaking of the P+G, I just found out my new place is only 2 blocks away. Wow, is that trouble. I went and got cheese fries and a cheese steak at 4 am. What an awesome city.

new topics

top topics

active topics

join