It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This women took my brothers life and now may go free

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
www.panhandleparade.com...

Click on Women gets retrial ...then click on the court documents ..
And read them and please tell me what part of any of that shows any proof that shows any self defense at all .
She lied THREE TIMES ..
And even told them there was no history of abuse .*(There wasnt with him )

She cleaned up the blood and waited an hour before calling the police (This I know for a fact and was in the initial police reports) ....
(Does this sound like a self defense?)

My brother never ever hit anyone ..she hit him all of the time ..(Lots of witnesses to that ) and when the defense came and asked everyone ..everyone told them the same thing ...so they had no witness for this women ..other than another liar who was in jail for drugs and stealing guns and was a woman beater himself (which I also know was the truth because I witnessed him doing it to his wife ) ,....they got him out of jail to testify on her behalf which was REDICULOUS they would even allow him to be a witness of any sort .

In this case ..the state told me they had this in the bag ...I told them she is a very good liar ...please do more than just saying we have it the bag .
I even asked them do you have all those witnesses that the defense attorney went to ask all on record too ..She said we have all we need ..

Well they didnt ..

Now this lady will get off ..

She was abused earlier in her other relationships so I understand the battered wife syndrome ..but my brother took the brunt of all her woes and now he is dead .....
and now she may go free ...

Please read that court document and tell me what you think about it ..

Thanks

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I have read the news article and the court documents.

From reading the detectives testimony, it doesn't seem likely that your brother was killed in self defense. For him to have had to be parallel to the floor for that type of wound to be inflicted ( if he was coming AT her ) , it defies the laws of gravity.

I am deducing that they are using the battered woman syndrome defense in much the same way as post traumatic stress disorder can affect someone. If she was abused prior to this relationship with your brother, one cant help but wonder about her having a knee jerk reaction to a disagreement with a significant other when knifes were present. That does not excuse her actions.

I cant sit in judgment of this woman. I know of the case only what i have read from your links. I have no idea what she has been through in her lifetime. My heart breaks for you and your family for your loss. I am sorry that there is no definitive closure for you and yours. To have her case opened reopened on appeal must be devastating for you.

I am not a religious person by any means. I can offer you a shoulder to lean on as you trudge through this nightmare once more .A sounding board for you to let loose on and i can send you all the positive energy i can muster to see you through this.

Please accept my sincerest condolences on the tragic loss of your brother.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SugarJ

Thank you so much ...I really appreciate it ....

In reality I liked her ..and I do feel sorry for her and even pray that God has mercy on her ...really I do ...I know most of her past and I am sure that she just snapped ...and if it were me in her shoes ..I would be pleading for my release too .....I would do whatever I could do ..
except lie...the fact that she did not want to tell the truth from the beginning and tried to cover up evidence (washing up the blood) is not someone who killed in self defense (she would have told them the truth when they came)...and I pray that she will just tell the real truth this time .....I would like to know what really happened to ... I was seriously abused by 2 husbands I would be the first to stick up for her and even help to get her out if I knew for sure it was all just a messed up fight that went horribly wrong .......even though it was my brother ...I dont think women who kill abusers should all go to jail ......some kill because they just snapped from so much crap ..but then again....what will happen to everyone she has a relationship with then after my brother ? If she could kill one ... then she could do it again ...thats what troublesome about this ..I sure would not want that guy in the video to be the next one ..if he even yells at her ...

Anyway I know all things happen for a reason and this will turn out for good somehow ..

But thank you again for your support ...

My brother was miserable in life ..he was a serious drinker and pill popper ..and so was that lady at the time ...he was not happy .so I am glad he is no longer miserable ..I just hate that he had to go this way ...
And yes having to even think about another trial is distressing ....

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I'm sorry for you simply!
I have KNOWN A LOT of lying women and one could look you in the eye and tell you that her husband beat her and be lying!
I HATE LYING!
I haven't seen the video, yet, because I just wanted you to know.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Besides all that, who kills their husband/boyfriend and then gets engaged two years later, in jail?

I would spend time on my 'issues'!
I can't read the court rulings...........:bnghd:

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
She lied so many times just to me when I knew her ..she lies constantly .

Some other things ...she had alias names (whats that all about ) you could never get an honest answer about where her parents were ..she said NY once and then said another state another time ..she would also say she had no siblings and was adopted ..but suddenly she had a sister in the same town my brother and her lived in ..She said she had a drivers license ..she didnt .
She said she quit drinking once when I was visting while drinking it in the bathroom while I was there ...

She stayed with my mom prior to moving in with my brother and she took care of her ..very good actually ...so there is alot of history with her and us and her lies ....she is habitual .

I feel like I need to at least tell that guy who is going to so much trouble to get her out ..he hooked up with her while in jail ..he saw her on the news when this happened and felt sorry for her so became her penpal ...
He also went about that town getting signatures just to get this appeal heard ..
Do you think he would even listen to me ..the grieving sister ?
Nah ...but I am worried about him ..she has a shady past ..something aint right with her past ..with all the lies she has told us about it ....and then even the State records shows that she has an alias name ..WHY ?
Maybe I could write him a letter ..do yall think I should ?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I'd at least write him and tell him, let him do with it what he will.
I KNOW HOW MANIPULATIVE some women are, crying and carrying on.
They make people believe that they are innocent victims!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Simplynoone,

My sympathies to you and your family.

If you knew your brother as you say than you must somehow believe that regardless of the ultimate outcome of the judicial process you can find peace. Fight in your brother's name as I'm sure you will by the tenor of your post. Fight until there is no fight left. Unfortunately, the judicial system is often times wrong. Perhaps doing something in your brother's memory may help ease your pain. Wirte a book? An article on the whole thing? Anything to help your pain. Again, with condolences,

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Wow that is an awesome idea ..but I am not sure what I would write ..
but I am going to think about that ..

Thank you for the advice ...I think I need to at least warn that man about her ..if I dont and something happens to him if she gets out and goes free from her second trial ....I would feel responsible ..

But what if I am wrong ...what if it was all just a horrible accident ? ...
And her lies were just because she was scared.....I dont know ...

There is also a chance that a second trial would be even worse for her ....since there is no way she can remember every lie she has told since this all started ....she is bound to hang herself ...the State wont be so confident this time and may just do their job of investigating for real this time......and then we can find out what really happened ...

I am trying to see the positives in this whole ordeal ...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Ok they moved the link so I wanted to put it up here where anyone can look it over.
www.panhandleparade.com...

Here is the video of the appeal ...I just found it ..
www.1dca.org...
Look at June 08 Laurie Bartlett verses the State of Florida
It cuts off at their break time and I could not find the other half of it ..

It appears that she had a black eye (which I was told she did not have any marks of any kind) ......
You know I kind of have to agree with the fact that they didnt even give her a chance for a self defense...maybe the investigating officer could have swayed the jury ....
But I still do not believe that just a black eye justifies killing them ..
He wasnt a beater ...even if he did hit her that night ...that isnt him being a beater ...he may have lost it and so did she ..it was a bad relationship right from the start and both were drug addicts and alcoholics ..

It is really sad that it ended this way for both of them ..
I know that even with a new trial she could still get found guilty of manslaughter ...and if she goes free ..then she still has to live with taking someones life ..and that would be hard in itself to do ..live with your own concience ....

[edit on 30-10-2008 by Simplynoone]

top topics

join