It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cave of Crystals discovered 1,000ft below a Mexican desert

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
No as far as i can see its the same one, check the link i posted and check the location. Like i say there may be two of these caves......... but there both underneath the same town in mexico which is extremely unlikely.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I agree with you, as a matter of fact i think the photograph is upside down, try a rotate. perspective becomes correct as does the affects of gravity. mmm weird. My guess is that the people have been added....Im a pro photographer by the way...but again, without further examining I may be wrong.

Respects

edit to add, where is the camera situated, in mid air in the original, better placed when the pic is rotated.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by captiva]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Why does the man`s right arm/elbow area look all funny and pixelated in the second pic sos37 posted?

Not saying it`s a photoshop, just curious.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If anything is hoaxed, I SERIOUSLY doubt that this is (although, who knows, people nowadays seem to love hoaxing). Regardless, I don't know if this can be deemed credible, but you can watch a vid about this on National Geographic's official website.

Video

With their reputation, I don't see what they'd have to gain from hoaxing something like this.

To me, this serves as a reminder that there are still plenty of undiscovered wonders left to discover on our own planet let alone what's out there in the far reaches of space.

Great post! =)

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I have to say....that is one of the coolest things I have ever seen!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This is an absolutely AMAZING find! Those crystals are absolutely HUGE! I wonder what Jules Verne would have thought.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
i am stunned, to say the least

i've always been fascinated by crystals, though any one i've ever had wasn't as perfect as these. they are absolutely beautiful

great find!!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
i watched the special on National Geographic a couple of weeks ago about this... it's still on my DVR!

...looks AMAZING in HD!

yes, everyone, it's real, and they're made from gypsum - the same stuff found in drywall!

[edit on 29-10-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I actually watched a documentary about the crystal cave you're talking about. I think it was on NatGeo. It was a couple of weeks ago. And they actually have camera's shooting video in there while the scientists explore. If I remember correctly they could only stay inside no more than 20 mins at a time, because of their body temperatures rising too high from the heat.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Mmmmm those crystals is shiney!!! So what happens next? These guys rich now or something? haha

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Pretty intense, I was reading about this a couple weeks back; I hope it doesn't get trashed by vandals though because we probably won't be finding another quite like that.

link   

link   

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Did they say they were dilithium crystal's?
warp 5 Scotty!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I would suggest that anyone who sees this and is in the least bit intrigued, should check out the latest national geographic. The entire story of how this cave was born, its age, and much more. A truly great read.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

amazing..reminds me of supermans home planet

did you know about the crystal cities in our hollow earth?

namaste'

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skipper1975
reply to post by grover

amazing..reminds me of supermans home planet

did you know about the crystal cities in our hollow earth?

namaste'

Crystal Cities in the center of the earth..lol

You are so funny.

Have you been to any of these wonderful Crystal Cities?

Just very curious as to how you know they are really there. Do you have proof or are you just dreaming out loud?

Oh and Superman dosen't have a home planet, he's a fictional character!

"you...., You do know that don't you"?

[edit on 10/29/2008 by Ironclad]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

What purpose would they possibly have for faking this?
Honestly?
Have posters here become so detatched from reality?

Ironclad, I'm almost positive he was joking.
Just calm down a little- Look at the emoticons he was using.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Definitely not fake-- there was a special on NGC about this cave a couple of weeks ago. NASA seems to have some interest in these gi-normous cystals...

Pretty amazing- thing is it was discovered years ago and this is not new news...

There's also a thread that's been started about these here crystals already...

Just thought you all should know...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join