It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird visitations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Ive been reading some really interesting stories here on sleep paralysis & I thought perhaps I occasionally suffered from the same but my experiences are slightly different & I was wondering if others here have experienced the same.

Now I dont have these experiences a lot - in fact the last one was probably 2 months ago, but on other occassions Ive had them 2-3 times in one week.

It usually happens when I have fallen off into a deep sleep. I become 'aware' in my dream that something evil is in my room. Sometimes it is close. On the odd occasion I have felt like something is pressing on my chest. But not always. Sometimes I feel something close breathing on me. Sometimes I feel my head is about to explode. Its hard to describe (though on these occasions I do everything to wake myself up as Im scared I may incur a physical injury if I dont). It kinda feels like everything in my head is being compressed.

But what almost always happens is I wake up (at least I think I have) & I get up & flick the light switch in the room. But no light comes on & I know then Im in a nightmare. So I run down the hall & flick another light switch & nothing happens. Then I am back in my bed & the sense of a presence of evil is very real. On occasion I have felt like my whole body is being lifted from my legs up, with only my head still touching the bed. At this point I feel something is trying to literally pull me out of my body & the fear becomes too much so at this point I try making a noise but Im paralysed. I cant utter a word. After a few attempts I make a muffled sound to try & wake myself up. Eventually I get a few words or a wail out and I wake up.

So my experience is different to sleep paralysis. I have read the explanation of the 'old hag' and it seems to fit my experience but Im never awake when this happens like those that suffer from this disorder.

Ive also had an experience over several months where I would go to bed & hear 'clicking' or 'creeking' noises down the hall. Again, hard to describe but at first I put it down to the house shifting. But sometimes these noises would be loud to the point of waking me up just as I was drifting off to sleep. I'd be on the verge of falling asleep & I'd hear a loud 'crack'. I never heard these noises unless I was in bed. On a couple of occasions when the noises were frequent I'd get up & go stand in the middle of the hall to see if I could figure where they were coming from & would hear nothing over several minutes.

One night I had a friend over & we were on my PC down the opposite end of the house & we heard a 'click or 'creek' & my reaction was to ignore it but she turned to me and said 'what was that?'. I said it was nothing - it was the house shifting.

Though these noises used to give me the creeps I got to the point one day where I decided it must be spiritual oppression & that if that was the case, they being spiritual and me being physical there was nothing physical they could do to me. I also drew the conclusion that if they really could do anything to me physically they would have done it by now & that if they really did have any power to physically harm me they would have done so already. So when I went to bed I would ignore the noises & drift off to sleep. Shortly after the noises stopped & I havent heard them since. Its my belief that the entities could sense the fear I felt from the game they were playing & once that fear left they gave up.

I'd be interested to hear if others have had similar experiences.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Nonchalant]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant

Hi Nonchalant, I can understand what you are experiencing as I have had very similar experiences. Several times, I have become conscious of a negative entity next to my bed, pulling me of my body - but I have been stuck by my head. The first two times I was paralysed, but the next time it happened I was not paralysed as I wasn't so scared.

One night I was so angry at this thing by my bedside I thrust my (astral) hand out and grabbed hold of it - funny thing was - the hand was really tiny, like that of a very small child or toddler.

I have just finished reading some ancient texts that have been translated from ancient hebrew. These texts say that each person has not only a guardian angel, but also a manevolent spirit that is connected to them. This makes sense to me because as humans, we are both light and dark in nature. And we are constantly being influenced by both the light and the dark entities - and through the power of our free will - we make our choices.

When you look at the situation from that perspective, it makes the negative entity a lot less intimidating as it is their role to pull us into the realm of darkness through fear and negativity, whilst the angel will try to steer us into the realm of the light through love and goodness.

I hope I have been of some help to you.

Kindest regards,

Dobbie

[edit on 29/10/08 by Dobbie]

join