It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain campaign accuses L.A. Times of 'suppressing' Obama video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
Than why wont you answer the question of why this video is being suppressed. You're addressing EVERYTHING but that fact.

Ummm... because nobody's asked ME that question and who in their right mind would care what I answered anyway? If you want the answer from someone actually involved in the dispute, it's right there in the article.

Or are you just looking for an argument?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Its all about misdirection and slight of hand. A lesson derived from the Penn and Teller school of politics. If I did not know any better I would say Obama has a thumb nail painted red.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

. . ."The Los Angeles Times did not publish the videotape because it was provided to us by a confidential source who did so on the condition that we not release it," . . .."

Am I missing something? Does this make any sense to anyone? What is the point of giving it to the LATimes, if they can't publish it?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Seriously. Thats screwey as all get-out. Of all the people to ask to keep a secret you contact a newspaper. I guess it matters what the secret is. National Security issues, dont tell the NYTimes they'll publsh it within minutes. Dirt on their polished candidate, go ahead and tell the LATimes they wont risk damaging their messiah.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

said McCain campaign spokesman Michael Goldfarb. " . . . The election is one week away, and it's unfortunate that the press so obviously favors Barack Obama that this campaign must publicly request that the Los Angeles Times do its job -- make information public."

So......the "liberal media" now has a moral obligation........to give the McCain campaign assistance with their campaign?? Why would a bunch of baby killers do that??

I think they need to find MORE DIRT!!!! All the other attempts haven't worked.....so try harder?!?!?!?! Good strategy.....with it being VERY apparent that people are ALREADY turned off by all the negative ads, statements, and insinuation.

I will tell you like I told the rest. Keep up the good work! Every time you hear about another unsavory character Obama is "palling around with".....
By all means, let us know (every heard the saying "no such thing as bad publicity?")!!!!!

Rashid Khalidi???? Another Ivy league professor???

Does this make those schools "terrorist training camps" then???
I think it does!!! Those crazy radicals!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
I don't see any source to back up that he was a PLO spokesman and the biography I read on him does not mention that at all. In fact, I don't see where he could find the time to do that.

Fatah is also the Palestinian political party that both the US and Israel supports, refusing to recognize Hamas. If you are saying that Khalidi is/was a spokesman for Fatah, then he is in line with US foreign policy. Can you please clarify when and what his involvement was with the PLO?

You can read his own book, Under Siege: PLO Decisionmaking, which even states clearly in the foreward, that he was granted complete and total access to all PLO Archives by Yassar Arafat himself.

Of course, just the fact that he wrote and published the book defending the PLO is one proof he was a PLO Spokesperson.

Edit to add Also from 2004 Washington Times

[edit on 10/29/08 by redhatty]
Edit to add IMEU

Rashid Khalidi's keynote address at the "Palestine: 40 Years of Occupation, 60 Years of Dispossession" conference in Portland, Oregon, on June 23, 2007

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
So What? The guy is a Yale and Oxford educated AMERICAN and member of the US National Advisory Committee on the Middle East.

More cheap and dirty tricks.

Theodore John Kaczynski aka The Unabomber was a Harvard Undergrad and a professor in California. An Ivy League education does not give you a free pass in life. Khalidi and Obama have close ties although Obama would never call him a friend.

Obama stated that “[Khalidi] is Palestinian. And I do know him and I have had conversations. He is not one of my advisors; he’s not one of my foreign policy people. His kids went to the Lab school where my kids go as well. He is a respected scholar, although he vehemently disagrees with a lot of Israel’s policy... To pluck out one person who I know and who I’ve had a conversation with who has very different views than 900 of my friends and then to suggest that somehow that shows that maybe I’m not sufficiently pro-Israel, I think, is a very problematic stand to take…So we gotta be careful about guilt by association.”[24]

Khalidi refers to Obama as a friend.
New York Daily News reported on 3/6/07,
at a 2000 Obama fund-raiser hosted by Khalidi. Khalidi, now head of Columbia University’s Middle East Institute, said he hosted the fundraiser because he was friends with Obama while the two lived in Chicago. ‘He never came to us and said he would do anything in terms of Palestinians,’ Khalidi said."

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What's the big deal? Even McCain has ties to Rashid Khalidi.

McCain himself has helped fund Khalidi's Palestinian Research Center, with a instance of a $500,000 fund.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
There are some intelligent people on this site, so I ask. . .

I Khalidi a Muslim? He has a funny name like Obama.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

During the 1990s, while he served as chairman of the International Republican Institute (IRI), McCain distributed several grants to the Palestinian research center co-founded by Khalidi, including one worth half a million dollars.

A 1998 tax filing for the McCain-led group shows a $448,873 grant to Khalidi's Center for Palestine Research and Studies for work in the West Bank. (See grant number 5180, "West Bank: CPRS" on page 14 of this PDF.)

The relationship extends back as far as 1993, when John McCain joined IRI as chairman in January. Foreign Affairs noted in September of that year that IRI had helped fund several extensive studies in Palestine run by Khalidi's group, including over 30 public opinion polls and a study of "sociopolitical attitudes."

Full Article

It looks like McCain may have some ties to Khalidi also. Perhaps we should start questioning both the candidates about their involvement with Khalidi.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

McCain himself has helped fund Khalidi's Palestinian Research Center, with a instance of a $500,000 fund.

Oh talk about a spin. It was not McCain's own money, it was International Republican Institute monies - which McCain was chairman of.

The money went to the Center for Palestinian Research Studies, see grant 5180. Yes Khalidi is a founding trustee of the group.

The group, funded by taxpayer and private money, is active in dozens of countries, from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe. The institute was created in 1983 during the Cold War and made the Arizona senator chairman of its board in January 1993. McCain has said U.S. foreign policy should promote democracy abroad.

The International Republican Institute has large programs in Russia, China, Afghanistan, Sudan, Colombia, Indonesia, Pakistan and Iraq.

source

This is a completely different ballgame than a direct contribution to a person.

Edit to add source link

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
There are some intelligent people on this site, so I ask. . .

I Khalidi a Muslim?

He is. Is there anything wrong with knowing a Muslim?

He has a funny name like Obama.

Funny in what sense? That it doesn't rhyme with "Smith." You do know there are people in the world with non-Western names, right?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarSeaman
Personally I can't trust a person who didn't have his biological father around, let alone his very own mother running out on him!!!

I see, so a kid whose father died in a mine explosion like the one recently happened is automatically disqualified to be the President? Disgusting kind of logic.

I think a person of values is raised by the same.

Yeah, well, Obama was a community activist and that means he was working for American people out of his volition. If you don't see a value in that, you must be blind.

His wife, being that like it or not the presidents wife DOES effect how he deals with things, is not the kind of person I would want around me - let alone the White House!

Wait, you feel uneasy around black people? Oh well... I guess Cindy McCain is more of a Barbie and that makes John supremely qualified...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Wait, you feel uneasy around black people? Oh well... I guess Cindy McCain is more of a Barbie and that makes John supremely qualified...

Nice try barack, but, it ain't about black, its about history. obamassiah has an intense radical history with KNOWN terrorist, (3, ayres, ayres wife, and PLO boy), he in his book said he chose his friends carefully including "marxist professors" to be specific, then theres rev Wright the "white america hater", now he want's to redistribute YOUR money based on his judgement? HIS judgement....what freekin judgement? He's a radical, anti-white america, marxist...........

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
It's not an accusation if it is backed by fact,if there is nothing on those tapes then why not show them to the public,the ones who should be embarrased are the LA Times and the Democrats,suppresion usually means guilt

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Did McCain go to an anti-Jew party? Did McCain speak at the event and claim Israelis are committing genocide? If its no big deal, why is the media covering it up? why are all you "deny ignorance" folks cheering on the suppression of information? Is this what we have to look forward to? A country where the media lies and covers for Obama and his followers cheer it on?

reply to post by buddhasystem

[edit on 30-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
i see a few talking point reciters here...

'handlers' - Rush.
'the fix is in' - Some FOX news guy I forgot the name of.

Do people make their own opinions anymore?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
HEADLINE NEWS! MCCAIN GAVE THE SAME MAN 500,000 DOLLARS IN THE 90s! McCain held meetings with the man before Obama was even in politics! McCain associated with this man before anyone knew who Obama was! MCCAIN KNEW THIS MAN BEFORE OBAMA DID AND ASSOCIATED WITH HIM BEFORE OBAMA DID! MCCAIN KNEW HIM FIRST AND MADE FRIENDS WITH HIM!!!! Hahaha, I love watching the news. You get such great things like this.
firedoglake.com...
www.stltoday.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Old news. It was the International Republican Institute that donated the money. They donate money all around the world to promote democracy. McCain served as chairman.

www.iri.org...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Wow, blind partisanship much? Obama is palling around with a terrorist when he met this guy but when McCain was shaking hands, giving hundreds of thousands of dollars to him, McCain was palling around with an American Ally. Yeah, no spin here.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join