It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

official i'm voting third party

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
So i really cant understand why anyone in this country wants to vote for either one of these candidates. Both republicans and democrats have been in office for too long and neither has done anything to stop this runaway train.

basically this thread should be for people who support third party candidates and to let those around you know who you intend on voting for and your reasoning behind it. because it seems like in this country they keep people busy busy busy like little worker bees so you dont have time to do the research that is trully required to become a free thinking individual. It is only when you turn off the t.v. and began to really open your eyes that you can see how much of a joke this election is.

We need a voter's revolution to reverse the errors of the last 95 years. Protest and make your vote count:

Vote third party.

“Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.”
- John Quincy Adams

I will vote third party, but im torn between,

Ralph Nader
Cynthia Mckinney
Chuck Baldwin
Bob Barr

im interested in seeing what the ATS community is thinking and maybe just maybe we can sway a few people to see that voting for the lesser of two evils, is still voting for evil.

see you on election day.

MODS: if for some reason you think this is inappropriate or in the wrong place feel free to do whatever you need to do. thanks again ATS.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I am voting no party. actually I am not even voting at all.. not like your vote matters. I am not even sure anyone is paying attention but voter fraud is insane anymore..

Remember the famous quote.
"he who votes decides nothing, he who counts the votes decides everything."

So in that i dont care who wins and who loses, in the end we are screwed anyway... I am just wondering why tf this american idol is on so long. god it sucks..

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

thats just sad dude, i dont have any faith in the vote counting either, but i still think that if somehow enough people voted third party that it would send a message that there is a portion of this country that knows whats going on and we have to change the system that is destroying us.

i know i wont change your mind, but if you do nothing, nothing will change.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
well i know you are torn between all those candidates, but you might as well not vote. it wont matter. not a single one of them will be even remotely close to win a single state.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
yeah well then what is the point? Obama is going to win unless the vote is stolen. I guess its good that you are using your voting power to make a point, but who is listening?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I'm torn between Chuck Baldwin and Bob Barr as a "protest vote." Decide which of the "third-party" candidates best reflects your view and back him.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
to me its just a matter of principle,

i would rather vote 3rd party knowing that i voted, and as an American i did what was right in order to change the way things are than to do nothing.

im actually surprised i thought there would be more people here that would support 3rd party candidates. instead people are negative and not even willing to try. sad really.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertnesta
Ralph Nader
Cynthia Mckinney
Chuck Baldwin
Bob Barr

I am a registered Libertarian. I was hoping to vote for that party. They made the mistake of picking Bob Barr. I don't like that ex-Repub much

Ron Paul gave support to Baldwin. That don't make Baldwin a good choice though. I think RP was showing support to the Constitution Party and not Baldwin specifically. I am confident if you research Baldwin you will see this guy is one big religious nut job. He's the worst of the four imo

I'd say Ron Paul as write in, Mckinney or Nader.

People say it's a wasted vote because they have no chance of winning. They are right in that they have no chance. Thing is, we will never break out of our two party system if people don't give 3rd party support.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

Its not sad that people dont follow the beliefs that you hold. If you look at the recent history of America you are going to find that people are wanting something new. There are a ton of people that hate bush so much that they care nothing more than to make sure McCain doesnt win......I know the faults in that decision making....however, you have to think about it realistically ... this country voted Bush in TWICE.......this website is a representation of this country. People want change...they want to ensure that this happens.....thus Obama

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeff Riff
yeah well then what is the point? Obama is going to win unless the vote is stolen. I guess its good that you are using your voting power to make a point, but who is listening?

Completely untrue statement. At last check McCain was making gains in Ohio and Pennsylvania because he was being smart and explaining how Obama's tax plan will hurt the economy, not help it. And the economy is first and foremost on people's minds right now.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Nader is the only one who is a plausible presidential candidate.

Also, McKinney is a former Democrat who only left the party to run with the Greens.

Barr is a former Republican who left to run with the Libertarians.

Both are just taking advantage of the two parties, because they knew the big parties wouldn't nominate them.

Nader is an honest guy.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Dude, there has got to be a way to get a third party taken seriously. This is such BS that we have a 2 party system. The third parties get no coverage and only the rich have the money to wage a successful campaign. Another big problem is these candidates get lots of funding for their campaigns from companies who expect favors once the candidate gets elected.

In a nutshell, we need a complete revamping of campaign funding and expenditures and also equal coverage and voting opportunity for all parties.

I don't know how to make it happen. Perhaps after this election we can start marching.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
There are more people on the ballot than the pres. Vote third parties all the way up - start changing things from the bottom up and make a real difference. Don't elect anybody that's supported the Patriot act or the Economic Stabilization Act of 2008.

Judges are on the ballot, too. They are the ones that will either 1) interpret or 2) ignore the constitution. Research them.

I'll be voting 3rd party.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SailorinAZ
reply to

In a nutshell, we need a complete revamping of campaign funding and expenditures and also equal coverage and voting opportunity for all parties.

Exactly. It comes down to money. It always comes down to money.

OP, I completely understand where you're coming from and I appreciate your John Adams quote there. Not enough people today vote on principles. Not enough of them think about principles.

[edit on 10/29/08 by GirlNextDoor]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SailorinAZ

Dude, there has got to be a way to get a third party taken seriously. This is such BS that we have a 2 party system. The third parties get no coverage and only the rich have the money to wage a successful campaign. Another big problem is these candidates get lots of funding for their campaigns from companies who expect favors once the candidate gets elected.

I don't know how to make it happen. Perhaps after this election we can start marching.

There is. When you say you're going to run for president, *cough* RON PAUL *cough* you freaking FOLLOW THROUGH with your promise regardless of the platform you run on!

If Ron Paul were on the ballot he would be taking away a seriously chunk of votes from the big two.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Obama spends 230 million dollars on his campain
McCain spends 150 million dollars on his campain

the majority of that money comes from corporations, who ONLY goal in life is to make PROFITS.

Third party candidates get their money from regular INFORMED people, and for example Nader just had trouble reaching a goal of $200,000

just goes to show, whoevers got the most money wins the election.

VOTE THIRD PARTY

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Hey I just wanted to say good on you for still by the least voting.

Most folks here are disgruntled that their candidate lost out in the primaries are refuse to vote at all, but people should realize that nomatter the odds, the are other options besides that of Obama and McCain. It is our patriotic duty to vote, it is our right and it shouldnt be taken for granted!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I dont believe voting does much, so I purposely vote for who I think will screw things up the most. Im all for the complete and utter failure of all control based systems. Complete anarchy and then natural order. Its just a big ol vanity and greed game of tug o war the survivalists, street people, hippies, underground indigenous, and suburban shamans are all laughing at, cause in the end, its all about survival and understanding the nature of reality. Not the nature of a mans mind games on one another, thats just controlled folly.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
hey, that's too bad you don't see much in the two candidates presented (we all know it's pretty much a given only one of them will become president, as not very many people will vote third party)

but don't listen to anyone who tells you to vote a certain way... they narrow your choice to dem or rep, which means you really have choice 1 or choice 2... even though there are many choices you COULD have chosen, they've decided for you pretty much, and that is not the freedom america stands for.

anyways, vote your heart out

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
For me, it was down to Barr and Baldwin. Baldwin just because Ron Paul endorsed him. But he's a little too religious for me, so I'll vote for Barr. But I'm not crazy about him either.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join