It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Believe Americans Would Stand Up Against the US Military......

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Well yes, the robots in the military will blindly follow orders and battle the citizens from which they rose up out of.
So do you blindly follow orders from your boss, significant other, parents? Well neither do the men and women of the military.
If you want to propose that some would blindly follow orders, yes, but they will be dispatched by the remainder of the company, platoon or unit, in double time.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hi There,

detachedindividual:

Historically, military leaders have proven time and again that they believe the public are not able to make their own decision, and that we are a threat to the military power and to each other.

Perhaps it is because of your paranoid self-delusions that you present a wholly antithetical argument based entirely around utter nonsense?
I quite welcome criticism against that of my own thinking, but when it comes along as stupidity dressed as rationality, well I'm sorry that tends to irk me. Your comments are so bereft of reason and lucidity that I have no choice but to respond.

President to General: "Can I invoke martial law?"
General: " Well sir, historically, we in the military have always considered the sheeple a threat to our military power. Being facists in democratic clothing, we would much prefer democracy to be prohibited to the general populace. By all means, invoke martial law, we'll knock a few sheeple heads together...that'll put them in their place!"

Try to maintain a grip on reality. The military are sworn to protect the United States from all enemies foreign and domestic. Your assumption that the generals want nothing better than to enslave the population is in the least paranoia unreined, and at its worse, downright offensive to the soldier's creed. What is the United States? It isn't just the land mass on which Americans dwell, nor is it the president; the US is the people, and the common Constitution under which they all abide. It contains the very idea that the military are sworn to defend. That alone speaks volumes as to the identity of the real terrorists...and it ain't the people fighting to uphold the Constitution. The generals know this; why else are they in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Law-suits from who exactly? Under new anti-terror laws, any civilian can be held without charge indefinitely, without legal counsel, without a defense and without an accusation ever made.

At some point martial law will end. Bush will leave and a lot of the corrupt laws in place now will be repealed. To this end, America is seeking a return back to Constitutional principles. Law-suits will indeed be filed by those wrongfully imprisoned as terrorists...if it ever came to that. If Bush allows the imprisonment of just one American citizen, that alone will bring about his downfall. The laws brought about during Bush's administration will eventually be overturned. Evidence will be gathered, and all those who partook in unlawful arrest, seizure, etc, will find themselves facing court and public humiliation. When you respond to my posts, you need to maintain a clear perspective on the reality of the situation.

And the civilian principles are now non-existent anyway.

There you go again submitting yourself to your delusions, and seeking to infect others with it. Civilian principles are not non-existent...they are still in place, because the people demand that they are, and that they remain so. Otherwise, what the hell is the argument all about, why are people nearly up in arms about things? It's not because something that existed no longer does so, but because something that is cherished does exist, and that what is identified as being at the very heart of the American way of life is under threat. How can Bush take from the people what was never his to take in the first place? He can't, and it is absurd to even entertain the idea that he can.

What he has done is to remove (ie, deregulate) from the Constitution certain rights that impeded corporate profit progress, and has used other powers attributed to the executive outside their normal functioning range to block any means of lawful comeback. The next president can just as easily remove the restrictions and go after Bush with the whole judicial system. I tell you, people will be burning the Patriot Act in the streets sometime in the future.

Not true. The US President can announce Martial Law and FEMA takes over. Yes there would need to be a reason...

Huh?
First you disagree, and then you agree! Make your bloody mind up...what is your actual stance! Oh, I know, it's called pathetic dithering on a mindless scale. Stop being so blatantly gormless!

How can anyone believe that he wouldn't enact Martial Law if he had enough to gain?

And just how long do you think he can maintain a grip on his gain? His enacting martial law would only be temporary...and in enacting it, he gains absolutely nothing, unless of course, he seeks to impose it interminably...and that's when the people's gloves come off! He fears you more than you fear him. Sooner or later, he will have to answer to the American people, because in reality, it is the people and the ideology they hold that lies at the core of what the military are sworn to defend. The people 'ARE' the United States, and any politician whom thinks otherwise, does so at their peril.

Bush is on the way out, and with him goes the feudalistic posturings of the last eight years. He's already packing his suitcases like Schindler, only unlike Schindler, he intends to keep his ill-gotten gains. It is up to the people whether they allow him to get away with anything. In fact, it is essential that he isn't allowed to do so, for it would send the wrong signals to future candidates who are already eyeing up their chances to become president of the greatest cash-cow ever conceived.

[edit on 29/10/08 by elysiumfire]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Although I believe that Martial law is coming, i dont believe it will result in a war between Civilian and Military. However, like the Police do in riot situations, the Military will take more direct measures in crowd control. Soldiers and Marines arent Police Officers and trained in babysitting.. they are trained to defuse a situation using the most direct method (utilizing escalation of force). To answer your question about war between Civi/Military... you might want to enlist right now because your but is toast!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by musclefreak
Although I believe that Martial law is coming, i dont believe it will result in a war between Civilian and Military.

So what do you think will happen?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Masisoar

lol you guys are out of your mind.

Care to explain why?

Everyone seems sane to me.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Michigan National Guard to help patrol Detroit streets around Halloween

DETROIT - The guard volunteers – the soldiers are not being officially deployed – is the subject of a 4 p.m. news conference at which Cockrel will discuss the law enforcement agencies participating in the city’s Angels’ Night efforts, which begin tonight to prevent the arsons and vandalism that plagued the city in the past.

www.freep.com.../20081029/NEWS01/81029062&s=d&page=3#pluckcomments

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Martial Law is coming? I disagree and I had Kool Aid for lunch. There isnt enough authority in America to enforce the Seat Belt Laws, let alone Martial Law. Americans would stand up against Martial Law if it were imposed for the wrong reason, whatever that would be.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by tommyb98201]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyb98201

Americans would stand up against Martial Law if it were imposed for the wrong reason, whatever that would be.

Hmmm.. Interesting comment...

Couldn't the wrong reason to this group also be the right reason for another group?

I don't think any Nation has a sufficient military to control its entire territory or population. However, Usually the fear, intimidation, or pure use of brute force has been enough to keep everything in check. China is a good example.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by E-ville

EVILLE,
How long is it going to take the human race to figure out everyone looses in war.

Murder is Murder.. and sadly humans will do it with no questions asked.

Your freedoms today were won by men who violated human rights in wars yesterday.

The last world war was fought, and won, otherwise you would be writing this in German or Japanese.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join