It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Believe Americans Would Stand Up Against the US Military......

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
for starters, I doubt a solid minded soldier or marine would put down American civilians. However, i was thinking who would enforce martial law? Does the Gov. have a secret army we're not aware of full of brainwashed individuals that will follow their orders without question. It could be possible but not too likely, so i would hope

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I don't want to "necro" this thread by posting the same thing over and over...
To answer your question it would probably be U.N. troops, but just read my post on page 5 of this thread...
If Bush declares Martial Law, How can we stop him becomming a dictator?
Stop worrying about it.
It WON'T happen...
The leaders who gave the order would be signing their own death warrant.
Stop buying into the fear...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
You know I really think the question should and would be... If there was an emergency instated would the armed forces sworn to uphold our constitution and protect us all, stand "with us or against us". Not if we the people would go out and run them down.
Most of my family and friends are in the armed forces in one sector or another, hell my dad was as seal and worked for the fbi before he knocked up my mom and was ordered to quit. Due to laws in place forbiding men with families to serve where he did.(back in the 60's mind you) Not one of them would go out against their people and abandon their original oath to protect us.
I think this is why there has been so many reports of foreign troops being brought into the usa. They know at the very heart of this, that they will not mow us down and had to find someone else to do it.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

And if this truly is the case....

Expect to see a massive internal fight soon. No US Soldier will EVER allow foreign troops to set up bases in the States, nor follow the orders of a foreign commander on our own soil.

They will be wiped out.

I promise you that.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BindareDundat

Very astute question. Many people like to forget that the vast bulk of our military serves on a voluntary basis, and for a limited time. They don't stop having families when they join the services, nor do they become a bunch of mind controlled drones by doing so. They are much like the average American walking the street. In short, in the situation described, the biggest threat the U.S. military would face is mutiny within their own ranks. Not to say they all would refuse to fire on their own people, but I assure you many would.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Resinveins]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
you're right though.

UN troops are currently being trained (alongside US troops) for civil unrest in america.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gravykraken

Where?

Where's your proof that we're training with UN troops for civil unrest? Do you have some links to show us? Videos?

Please.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

I think that the NWO wouldn't stand a chance unless the masses were substantially cut down to a more manageable number of people. I don't quite buy the whole NWO, i think its just a bunch of ultra nationalist propaganda that would discourage the inevitable event of a united earth out of pure fear...the ironic part is that these ultra nationalists use fear to get their point of view across

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
reply to post by BindareDundat

Very astute question. Many people like to forget that the vast bulk of our military serves on a voluntary basis, and for a limited time. They don't stop having families when they join the services, nor do they become a bunch of mind controlled drones by doing so. They are much like the average American walking the street. In short, in the situation described, the biggest threat the U.S. military would face is mutiny within their own ranks. Not to say they all would refuse to fire on their own people, but I assure you many would.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Resinveins]

It is difficult to protect the people when you are overseas.

Private military contractors will be the ones left to "protect us" in a crisis.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
My problem with military units being used for homeland duty is that the majority, especially combat troops, are trained to kill not police people. I imagine their policing skills would be vulgar, harsh, and very intimidating.

You can find out how they would react by looking at their proformance in Iraq. On home raids, the media reported that the troops frequently destroy the house contents, steal valuables and injure & kill the occupants.

You do know about the Iraqi detainees tortured to death, right?

action.aclu.org...

We had another example of government behavior in post-Katrina New Orleans. Police went all over the area confiscating weapons. Several policemen involved later said they knew it was wrong and illegal but they were "just following orders".

Do you believe that American citizens would stand up against the US military if the military used unjustified force against its own people?

Some will seek confrontation. Some will seek passive hiding. Most are sheep and will bleat accordingly. Some will turn soldiers into hamburger. Some will be turned in hamburger. I guess it all depends if someone feels the grand exeriment of the Republic is worth fighting for.

www.roguesci.org...

[edit on 10/28/2008 by anonymousATS]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
It is difficult to protect the people when you are overseas.

Private military contractors will be the ones left to "protect us" in a crisis.

"There are several of us trying to put the crazies back in the box." - Admiral William Fallon
CENTCOM Commander's Veto Sank Bush's Threatening Gulf Buildup
There are good people at every level of our armed forces.
I feel comfortable saying that if things go haywire here in the U.S. you would see more american soldiers on U.S. soil than you have ever seen.
They would be here to stop the madness and protect us.

I will say this once again...
Stop buying into the fear.
It WILL NOT happen.
If by some amazingly slight chance it DID happen... Our own armed forces, from the highest level down to the average "grunt" would be bloodthirsty with one single purpose...
To "put the crazies back in the box" as Admiral William Fallon so eloquently worded it.

Stop wasting your time and energy worrying about this, and worry about the important things...
Like how do we wrestle control of our country back from these nutcases in charge BEFORE they ever get the chance to attempt this in the first place...

I can't say this enough...
Stop buying into the fear, thats what they want, for you to be afraid...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican

"There are several of us trying to put the crazies back in the box." - Admiral William Fallon

Did he say that right before he was "retired"?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I believe that if such a situation arose, there would be many people that would fight. The problem is, that we would probably end up fighting amongst ourselves. For one, some people don't think. They just react. There is also the fear factor. I believe that we are being manipulated by fear, and fear is their biggest weapon. With it, we will destroy ourselves.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymousATS

The quote was Published on Tuesday, May 15, 2007
On March 11, 2008, he announced his resignation from CENTCOM and retirement from active duty.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bruxfain

No, the US military would never turn against their own people. This I know for a fact

Interesting...

Could you explain why you know this as a fact?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

I'm a soldier and I would directly go against any order to harm my friends and family in the states.

I applaud you for this.

I personally wouldn't either but I can't say whether other military personnel would see it as we do. One thing is for sure I think it would create havoc within the military.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

Look at it this way, we would never have to lift a finger as I see it.
The president is surrounded by marines.
Those marines have families and friends.
Put yourself in their shoes.
You're standing feet from the same president who just ordered military action against the U.S. citizens. (including your family and friends)

Other world leaders like Saddam are surrounded by their troops as well and their troops chose to attack their own people rather than get rid of the leader that gave the order.

But I hope if it ever comes down to this that your scenario would play out.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Unless Congress was to act wouldn't this action violate the Posse Comitatus Act. Is anyone aware where provisions have been put into law to allow the military to act now. If not then people would be standing for their rights.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

-Title 18, U.S. Code, Section 1385

source

Here is the entire law as written..

This is an interesting read and the law is being debated as to its real intention.

Seems like a lot of loopholes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join