It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Both sides of aisle rip MSNBC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This is about media election coverage discussed at a recent media luncheon, and contains some interesting statements - especially by liberal democrats that attended.

article

A sample of the comments:

The cable news channel is "completely out of control," said writer-producer Linda Bloodworth-Thomason, a self-proclaimed liberal Democrat.

She added that she would prefer a lunch date with right-leaning Fox News star Sean Hannity over left-leaning MSNBC star Keith Olbermann.

Olbermann was criticized by many who attended Monday's luncheon sponsored by the Caucus for Producers, Writers & Directors at the Beverly Hills Hotel. The event was dubbed "Hollywood, America and Election '08."

Bloodworth-Thomason and others seemed especially critical of the way MSNBC -- and other media -- has attacked Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin while demeaning her supporters.

"We should stop the demonizing," she said, adding that Democrats have been worse than Republicans as far as personal attacks on candidates are concerned. "It diminishes us," she said of her fellow Democrats.

For those that do not know or recall, Linda Bloodworth-Thomason has been a major Clinton supporter for many years. Interesting and positive that she was able to rise above partisanship and also able to recognize the truth about all the negative smear attacks this election cycle.

Read the entire article for interesting remarks from other well known people on both sides.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
It is refreshing to see that someone in Hollywood has the confidence to speak the truth and see reality for what it is.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Glad to see the media bias is getting pointed out more frequently. I don't know what you'll get here on ATS I've seen many posts praising Keith Olbermann. His own network grounded him from live election events because of his seething bias.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Praise these people if you must, but this shouldn't have to happen in the first place. It's a shame what media in this country has become.

Journalism is officially dead.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Praise these people if you must, but this shouldn't have to happen in the first place. It's a shame what media in this country has become.

Journalism is officially dead.

The news media is nothing but a huge parasite whose hunger for bad news and dirt is never satiated. And that's not during an election year. The past two years the media has proven itself to be exceptionally without class and willing to stoop to new lows of bias and personal attack.

The media swarms like bees looking for bad news and when they find it, they trumpet it loud and clear for everyone to hear and see like they should be rewarded for uncovering some great new thing.

But it's people that watch the stuff and look for bad news that empower them. Case in point - Jerry Springer would never have remained on the air as long as he did if he didn't have the ratings. But he had enough viewers in the 'white trash' arena to keep his ratings and his job secure for a long time. Same goes with the big media.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
It is refreshing to see that someone in Hollywood has the confidence to speak the truth and see reality for what it is.

IN every thread I see you in, you do nothing but boast Mccain and support ANYTHING that is anti-Obama. HILLARY HERSELF seems to be supporting Obama, and one "ROTHSCHILD" woman chose to endorse Mccain and was for Hillary. IF you are a democrat, or DIE HARD republican, what does it mean to be MAD about one then choosing the OUTRIGHT ENEMY??? Seriously, Mccain has NOTHING in common with Hillary, NEITHER DOES PALIN for damn sure, and it is funny how anger, fear, hatred and ignorance drives many people.

I WAS FOR HILLARY. Big time, then I saw the stuff on Obama, Hillary cracked him, then I saw his responses, I saw his reactions, I did GENUINE research. He comes out and is honest. Mccain comes out and makes excuses, repeats outright lies, and DENIES G. Gordon Liddy being his HOMIE, and he pals with terrorists, Bush being ONE of those, then he pals with Palin who is associated with the Alaskan terrorist party, which TODD PALIN is a member of or was until very recently. Video came out when they talked about Palin INFILTRATING government for them. Instead of honesty, I see a DEMOGOGUE in Palin, then I see Mccain lie, hear him lie, and same with Palin. THEN desperation attacks. ALL POLITICIANS fudge a little, explore "shades of grey", but outright lies and character attacks? AYERS had MORE PLAY than G. Gordon Liddly. MORE than Palin's witch doctor and things I mentioned above. THEY can easily find lies for Mccain, and gaffes, then Mccain and Palin went out and assaulted the media at the beginning--MAKING it clear they did not want Palin exposed or to be asked TOUGH questions.

IF they did not do that, if they were honest (PALIN and MCCAIN), then it would not be like it is. THEY do bad, it gets reported. THE OTHER SIDE are lunatics wasting money filing lawsuits that are frivolous, and lies, and horrible attacks. I have NO SYMPATHY that Mccain and Palin ZEALOTS are crying on here and everywhere else. ESPECIALLY given VOTER SUPPRESSION, machines changing votes, etc. STOP BITCHING. Mccain is probably STILL going to win BY CHEATING. So just close it, and stop twisting things.

top topics

join