It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above Top Secret: Uncover The Mysteries of The Digital Age -- ON SALE NOW!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Oh I can't wait! I am excited for the chapter on Chemtrails, myself, and will be ordering the book from the ATS store as soon as it's available. How exciting!!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Awesome!

But for those interested in ordering online, we'll soon be launching our own store so you can order directly from us. When we sell direct (as opposed to Amazon, etc.) we get a little bit more for each book. Not a lot more, but more. If you order through us, you'll be channeling slightly more of your hard earned money toward the people who work hard to make your words noticed by the world.

ahhhhh but of course!

will def buy from you guys. alot of time and efforts 'obviously' put into this site so its nice to give alittle back.

congrats and cant wait

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Excellent!

Rule By Secrecy woke me up and really connected a lot of dots for me. The resulting search on the Internet for more information brought me here to ATS a good while ago.

I can think of no one better than Mr. Marrs to author this kind of work. Can't wait!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'm confused, so this book is basically regurgitating member information back to us in a compact manner? And Jim Marrs summations?

In light of the state of the global economy I think I'll be tightening my belt and probably skim through it at the book store. Yes I'm that cheap.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

wow!!!
THATS GREAT GUYS!
the first ATS book,I cant wait to read it
It is going a big treasure for all of us
congratulations !

and good luck

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I've read other books by Mr. Marrs,and enjoyed them very much.Alien Agenda is by far my favorite (so far).
I can't wait to read this.Waiting baby,just waiting!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Available here in Australia $33.50

www.booktopia.com.au...

pre-Order or wait for ATS bookshop.

cheers.

[edit on 28/10/08 by ROO-meh]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Any idea how much the book will cost in the US and will Barnes and Nobles carry it?

-Ign0RanT

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This looks great. I will definitely buy one.

It's just that I am a bit wary of buying a conspiracy item using my personal credit card.

I would rather buy it in cash.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
i was alittle dubious till i found out there are no topics on reptillians .. YAY !!!

do we get a discount if we buy it wearing a tin foil hat?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I hope Alex Jones carries it in his book store.

I know he's really into this stuff, but doesn't talk about it on air, because he can't prove it. I think if we ever win the infowar he'll be one of the biggest posters on here.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JeepGal

i have trouble believing it is ONLY 77 thousand people. that troubled me. anyone else?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Great!

But would the book be available in all continents? Or do those not residing in the U.S need to order it from the publishers through their local book stores?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
WOW.. I can't wait..

would be brilliant to to read this...for several reasons.
A 'hands on' copy of topics we discuss.
A generalisation of things that are involved in our everday lives and here on ATS.

A nice combination..

Great work everyone.. congrats all..

from strength to strength....

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius
i have trouble believing it is ONLY 77 thousand people. that troubled me. anyone else?

That's how many people have posted on ATS... we have nearly 150,000 total member accounts.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Funnily enough...I'm currently sat in Plymouth's main library in the city..

I've just suggested this book to the library staff.
They said they will pass the information on to those involved in buying books.. so time will tell if they get it or not, but would be great for many people if they do..

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
can we buy it with points?

okay, didn't think so. the book will be interesting, i'm sure.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I have a comment about something that SO posted in the OP here, but it's in mention to Simon Gray: How Simon started a hobby in CT that grew so large (Frankenstein's Monster sorta comes to mind, especially since Halloween is so close right now) that it's an actual business. I know how hard the 3 Amigos worked on being able to coordinate ATS growth & balance it with expense & income so that they wouldn't at least wind up having a hobby that'll create bankruptcy...After all, a hobby that bankrupts a person is not healthy, is it?
As Benjamin Franklin once said, "Beware the hobby that eats."

Aside from that, my opinion is that someone who can take a beloved hobby & actually make a decent living from it is one of the most blessed of people...But sometimes, it's possible that a hobby can wind up turning into so much work (even if it's a profitable hobby) that some regret may eventually set in. After all, enjoyment in a hobby is usually "restricted" by how much time a person is willing to engage in it & growth like ATS has experienced may have or potentially someday cross that line with some people.

Considering all of the above comments, I pretty much only have one prayer to offer to the 3 Amigos...May ATS never cross that line between being enjoyable & being too much effort for your time.

Originally posted by Crakeur
We're in the process of getting a number of signed copies and, for those of you who want a true collectors item, there might be a copy signed by Mr. Marrs and the three amigos.

I'd love that, but I also hope that a total of four official autographs won't be making the cost of the book itself a lot pricier...Although I can fully understand why it should be, considering all of the shipping needed. Money's been tight for me for quite a while but this is definitely a book that's worth doing just about anything short of committing a crime to obtain! I just have to see if I'm cited with any specific posts I've written!

P.S. If anyone gets & reads it before I do, please U2U me to let me know!

Overall, with American economic, social & political situation being what it is lately, I'm wondering if it would even be worth having to leave the book behind if I have to "bug out" with nothing but a duffel bag?...

Originally posted by pieman
can we buy it with points?

Interesting question...So, can we? Or at least use points for a discount?

Originally posted by seawolf197
I see a lot of questions in the contents, but will there be any answers?
Oh wait, I have to pay for them.

No matter what answers you seek, there's always some kind of cost involved, even if it's merely the effort & time it takes to ask your questions. Besides that, it's been pointed out already that the book will be based on ATS content anyway...If the book really has any answers, then chances are really good that these forums have already posted the answers!

So anyway, don't begrudge a few people for trying to earn a living by writing/endorsing a book & also have the "sheer audacity" to actually ask that people buy it. [sarcasm]No, no one would have such nerve to try that kind of con-game![/sarcasm]

Originally posted by whaaa
Wow, I looks like I'll have to learn how to read.
Mr. Marrs is the perfect one for this book! Sweet!

Ummm...How did you learn how to write your post if you haven't yet learned how to read? After all, you must (by default) already know how to read, just to know that it's actually a book that you just wrote about.

Sorry, your post was just too tempting for me to resist saying something about it...

Originally posted by searching_for_truth
It's just that I am a bit wary of buying a conspiracy item using my personal credit card.

Hmmm...If the book is being printed in the US & you live there, you could probably get by with a money order. If you're not in the country where it's printed, you'd probably have to use an International Coupon. Either way, you don't have to do anything with your specific financial data just to buy the book.

Geeeez! Some people are just soooooo paranoid...

Originally posted by Demandred
do we get a discount if we buy it wearing a tin foil hat?

How is anyone going to notice if you're wearing a tinfoil hat unless you happen to show up where Jim Marrs happens to be hosting personal signing event? Sure, if you can manage that, then it's worth asking your question now, instead of later...I suppose.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Hi Mike...

You can order the book online after we get the first shipment in, our new ATS e-store will ship anywhere as will Amazon.com I believe.

The book will be available at all the major retail book stores (Barnes and Noble, Borders, etc...) as well.

The retail price for the book is $19.95. It's a beautiful book, the production values, and the multi color print quality are top notch (would you expect any less?
).

Springer...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to seeing this book on the shelves.
The people who only listen to the main stream media will get a chance to see some of the alternative topics that they hear about but don't have any direct contact with.

It's provocative title should entice many book store shoppers to pick it up and thumb through it.
That alone can get some people to think in broader terms about the hidden things that affect our daily lives.

The official riddicule programs of the last fifty years has been accompanied lately by the do not listen and deny the truth until it burns your hand mantra of the neo-cons.
This book should shake things up a bit.

Finally a chance to show that it is not the people who talk about strange things that are strange. It is the universe and the creatures in it that are strange.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join