It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AC/DC Blamed For Dark Economic Times in Britain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
About time they live up to that name

anti Christ / devils child =AC/DC
they are only doing there job to bring about the antichrist...who is it?

at least that's what i was always told there name stood for.

Are you being serious? Judging by your avatar I'd say yes. That's an outlandish theory...like I said before the only evil thing AC/DC ever did was play the same riff and disguise it as a different song.

Or maybe they're the DEVIL! Better to rule a stadium than serve in heaven, I suppose.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
What a better group to listen to while cruising down the highway,I always thought the song Highway to Hell was written about the 138 hwy ,when I did work up in the high desert area in California,we would see a fatality every morning,2 lane highway and average speed around 4:30 am was 100 mph

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

anti Christ / devils child =AC/DC.

Sorry, it is not quite so devilish... but maybe a sign from God that we all need to start making our own clothes.
DocMoreau

en.wikipedia.org...

Angus and Malcolm Young developed the idea for the band's name after seeing the acronym "AC/DC" on the back of a sewing machine owned by their older sister, Margaret Young. "AC/DC" is an abbreviation for "alternating current/direct current", which indicates that the electricity is being converted from alternating current (wall outlet) to direct current (sewing machine). The brothers felt that this name symbolised the band's raw energy, power-driven performances, and a love for their music.[11][12][13][12] "AC/DC" is pronounced one letter at a time, though the band is popularly known as "Acca Dacca" in Australia

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by fromtheheart66
I am a little pissed that their concert tickets are 92.00 bucks!! I have my own little reccession going on. Give me a break!!

Is that all? It's been a long time since a stadium/arena show here cost less than (the equivalent of) $120.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

What can you say to that?

Thanks for the post OP. You shook me all night long with this revelation.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I guess they have to blame it on a "Problem Child" so why not AC/DC. "Money Talks" and AC/DC doesn't do any " Beating Around The Bush " when it comes to " C.O.D." for their music. It " Ain't No Fun ( Waiting Round To Be A Millianaire )", so they crank out " High Voltage " Albums when people have the " Down Payment Blues". Britain needs to " Shake A Leg " and find out who " Snowballed" their economy. AC/DC isn't the " Boogie Man " that caused the " Meltdown " of the economy. "There's Gonna Be Some Rockin'" whether it's by AC/DC or other rock bands. Britain were the ones " Breaking The Rules " and now their economy is " All Screwed Up". " Who Made Who " to blame this crisis on AC/DC or any other band out there. " Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution ", politicians and the governments are the ones who need to " Go Down " for this mess and like AC/DC says, " Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be " for them.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
i am saying it has been said millions of times that it stands for what i said.

i know its ac/dc voltage ect.

but people like to have a rocknroller band with devilish tendency's.

thus they came up with antichrist /devils child long long ago .

and no i don't think they are evil or helping the devil lol

i was making a observation.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau

anti Christ / devils child =AC/DC.

Sorry, it is not quite so devilish... but maybe a sign from God that we all need to start making our own clothes.
DocMoreau

en.wikipedia.org...

Angus and Malcolm Young developed the idea for the band's name after seeing the acronym "AC/DC" on the back of a sewing machine owned by their older sister, Margaret Young. "AC/DC" is an abbreviation for "alternating current/direct current", which indicates that the electricity is being converted from alternating current (wall outlet) to direct current (sewing machine). The brothers felt that this name symbolised the band's raw energy, power-driven performances, and a love for their music.[11][12][13][12] "AC/DC" is pronounced one letter at a time, though the band is popularly known as "Acca Dacca" in Australia

Interesting it was published in a guitar tab magazine (can't remember which one) that it was actually a vacuum cleaner meh symantics I guess lol...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

i am saying it has been said millions of times that it stands for what i said.

and I was saying that you are wrong, and that perpetuating falsehoods and lies is not denying ignorance, but upholding and supporting it.

DocMoreau

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Six degrees of separation...run amouk!!!!!

Zindo

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Lol....
...the funiest post in a while!

Although I in no way believe AD/DC is responsable for crashing the markets, they sure as hell make good music.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join