It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army warns of Twitter danger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

US Army warns of Twitter danger

news.bbc.co.uk

US intelligence agencies are worried that terrorists might start to use new communication technologies like the blogging site Twitter to plan and organise attacks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
was going to join this for 5000 points - until I get some personal opinions....how many people are using this and can it be tracked, traced....do you think that the US army are monitoring everything on Twitter and are documenting everything.....I use MSN and would like to know what the benefits of twitter are???

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Hi. What do you mean for 5000 points?

I am on twitter. I assume that it can be traced just as any other internet medium can be. The idea behind twitter is to let your freinds and followers know what you are up to at any minute- a lot of people access it through their cell phones and text in what they are doing. I do not do this, as my cell does not get internet access.

One cool thing about twitter. During the last hurricane people were giving minute to minute updates and checking in with friends and family while they had cell phone service. It was very weird, but kinda cool.

But I would think that if I twittered from ym cell phone that I was going to a Chinese restaurant, TPTB could trace that medssage back to my cell phone and find my location, or approximate location if they wanted to.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Apparently you can get 5000 points for joining twitter....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
^GASP* Global networking websites used for global networking? The military needs to stop getting its information from doing Google searches.

Hmm...ATS gives you points for joining a website that the military very well may monitor? Hell, I already figured something was up here when they added the message board a few years back and started censoring what people say...

Welcome to ATS! Here you can have open discussions unless we decide to remove your post or ban you from the board. We are against the conspiracy against mankind! Now follow our rules or you're out!

We're all dupes, even when we think we're not...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
It's a load of crap. The PTB are simply looking for any excuse they can to censor the only thing they do not have complete control over, the Internet. Saying things like "Twitter can be used for terrorist activities" is simply their attempt to scare the public into giving up the last remaining hideout of freedom.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

You can I did it.
And I wouldn't be surprised at all if the army or some other agency does track twitter. I'm of the camp that thinks Facebook is owned by the CIA though...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
'politicians can be responsible for illigal activities like being bribed, lying under oath and a myriad of other unethical things'

Let's track all politicians everywhere all day. Chip em and put their whereabouts for all to see on trackyourgovermentofficial.gov

Let's see how they like that.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Harman]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

That, my friend, is a damned good idea. Put tracking modules on the politicians with the excuse that the general public has a right to know exactly where and what our elected representatives are doing and see how much they like the taste of their own medicine.

I'll bet my left testicle that the whole idea would be scrapped if this were to be given serious consideration.

[edit on 28/10/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I'm sure politicians are already tracked like this, it just so happens that we aren't the ones holding the information...it's the same people who would want that fate for us who control it.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Ahem..*NEWSFLASH*
YOU ARE BEING TRACKED
Everyday through every site you visit, every camera on every street and inside every building, and every card in your wallet that you use daily.
Twitter, is the least of your worries.
They would rather know what books you are taking out of the library, and what groceries you buy.
You want to be paranoid..there ya go.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Not a newsflash to me mate. I already know I have been catalogued and tagged for possible future repercussions based only on what I have said on this site. And you know what? I couldn't give a flying you-know-what.

It may seem reckless to some but I have an ability to be able to cause immense commotion over even seemingly tiny topics, in real life and online. If I were to be taken it would not be long before the world knew about it, and believe me when I say I would not stop until I had my say, through whatever means necessary.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
We have been tracked for a long time and I think the tracking/spying/big brother state is only going to get worse.....In some ways I dont mind, because you can feel a little bit safer when you know the bad people are being watched....on the other hand, they are cataloging us and know our habits and know what we want so they can sell it to us.....

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Darn and here I joined Twitter and I haven't received my 500 points,and now I'll have feds kicking down my door!,this is not cool

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
They say they are worried to make it sound like they can't control it. In reality this is psychological trick because they just struck a deal with twitter to get all the data realtime (with ip etc), so they actually want people to use it.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well, I applied and emailed Asala.....but I have no friends on twitter and dont know anyone that uses it.....is there an ATS community list of people who use it????

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

It's definately a load of crap. The PTB are directly responsible for most, if not all, terrorist activities. They do indeed want control over the internet and that will most likely occur slowly. Unless they lauch a new false-flag operation and blame it on internet cooperation or some other nonsense.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
yaaaaay.....5000 points and now the Government know what I am doing and talking about.....not as though its something new but at least Im 5000 points better off.....I can sleep now.....

top topics

join