It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mysterious object-ufo? recently filmed above Shreveport's Downtown Airport on the 26/10/08.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - Caught on tape: A mysterious object recently filmed above Shreveport's Downtown Airport.

www.ksla.com...
Follow this link and take a look at the strange segmented object filmed above Shreveport's Downtown Airport.At first I thought it must be a solar balloon although the way it is made up of lots of ball segments does look strange.Seems to be alot of these balloon type sightings comming through now,is there anything more to it?

[edit on 28-10-2008 by tarifa37]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
hmm, strange.

doesn't really seem like it would be a craft of any sort though..

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I couldn't dig up a video but there is a way to make "trash bag ufo's". All it invloves are several black trash bags and some scotch tape. The black plastic heats the air inside of the bags taped together and all of the sudden you've got a ufo.

the reason i do not think that this is the case with this video is that i've never seen trash bags look like that before. The way the thing changed into those weird segments threw me for a loop.

i think we got ourselves a real one folks

[edit on 28-10-2008 by W3RLIED2]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Could be a solar balloon like you said. Looks like one.

www.solar-balloons.com...

[edit on 28/10/08 by muriaz]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Yes I have also seen the videos of home made solar balloons using rubbish sacks.But the same as you I was a at a loos to explain the way the segmented like that.I guess there must be a down to earth answer I just don't know what. Any ideas people?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by muriaz

Thanks for posting that pic of a solar balloon.Here is a vid of a release of a 50 ft one uk.youtube.com... And here is another vid of a home made one uk.youtube.com...
This ones called a solar ufo uk.youtube.com... can't find one like the original video though.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by tarifa37]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Its a very strange configuration for sure. Its certainly not any standard solar balloon because they arent made of little balls.

If it were a trash bag balloon you would expect a lot more twisting and deformation of shape in the wind, the thing seems to have rigidity but also be made of non rigid balls. Doesnt look like a craft but its a bit weird ill give the guy that.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

They are called solar balloons and I couldn't get the video to work either, but that was my initial reaction to the still photo. It definately looks like a solar balloon. nice call.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

The black ones tend to be quite rigid because the air is more heated and expands more which makes it more difficult for it to bend as much.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by silver6ix

The black ones tend to be quite rigid because the air is more heated and expands more which makes it more difficult for it to bend as much.

Do you have evidence to support this? I know what a solar balloon looks like, it is a large cylinder.

This object when it turns is clearly comprised of many small spheres, so you would have to show a solar baloon which is made like that, maybe there is one but I havent seen one.

Its not a standard solar baloon thats for sure. If you watch the video you will see its clearly made up of ten or so small balls, not a single tube.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by silver6ix]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
well I could not get the video to work it got stuck on the commercial and never started.
wish they would fix it for all browsers.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
well I could not get the video to work it got stuck on the commercial and never started.
wish they would fix it for all browsers.

Ok, isee what you mean then, from the images and from the start of the video it does look exactly like a solar balloon.

You would need to see the whole video to see why its puzzling. When it turns on its side it looks to be made of ten little balls all stuck together. Im sure it must be some kind of balloon, but its an odd configuration of balloon really.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
One witness says it was at 10,000 and 80 feet long. Another says it was no higher than 2,000. This is the crux of the matter when it comes to many ufo sightings. Without a frame of reference it very easy to misjudge size and altitude.

I experienced this first hand. I once encountered a group of people pointing at the sky saying things like; "it's huge!", "look how it's moving". I looked up and found that what they were looking at was a toy black balloon, about 10 inches in diameter and no more than a couple of hundred feet in the air. Because their minds had taken the idea that it was a huge object, very high in the sky, it also appeared to be moving faster than it was. Little changes in motion, caused by wind gusts and thermals, became exaggerated into radical maneuvers.

When I pointed out what it really was there were some sheepish giggles as the watchers eyes readjusted to see what they were really looking at.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
uk.youtube.com...

The above youtube shows how a variation in color, like a candycane, can appear to be segmented.

Probably a colored solar balloon.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

"I experienced this first hand. I once encountered a group of people pointing at the sky saying things like; "it's huge!", "look how it's moving".

Yes Phage, I experienced the same thing accept they wern't looking at the sky!

Joking apart it could be a chain of helium filled balloons.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
uk.youtube.com...

The above youtube shows how a variation in color, like a candycane, can appear to be segmented.

Good call, you may have solved it. Star for you sir.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Now we have actually come to the era where weather baloons may actually explain some of the unidentified flying objects sighted and photographed.

I couldn't see this video, but TBH that UFO that the discovery channel captured on video may have been some sort of modern weather baloon(for once).

However that SWAMP GAS explanation still remains utterly ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
uk.youtube.com...

Not to be funny but all that showed me was coloured balloons. Didnt look segmented in the slightest. Also those balloons act like balloons...they move in the wind. His balloon seems to be one of the secret governmentones which just hangs there

Im pretty sure it is a balloon but I dont think its colors are creating the effect, more likely its made of segments.

Dont get its movement though. Baloons twist and blow and bend and spin around, apparently theres a new balloon invented every week.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
If it had been "something" then SAC would have sent some jets to investigate from Barksdale AFB which is just the otherside of the river from Shreveport.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowMaster

Thats a good point,you would think it would have showed up on their radar screens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join