It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans here to stay?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I am not usually a doomsday speaker as such but I find myself asking this question especially now of all times.

Ill simply ask it as I have my own views but I am interested to see the status quo.

Do you think humans are here to stay for the long haul in terms of survival?

It seems to me that we rely on to many resources when we can broaden the horizons of availability.

Im talking food, energy, resources etc.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I think we are here to stay for another 200 years approximately. then our job on this planet will be done and we will move on to the next level of spiritual development. Food and resources play a very small part in our survival. It is more important to consider our morals and the direction we are headed. If we are headed in the wrong direction, we will foolishly allow an incompetent person in an elite position to be able to destroy our planet (I'm thinking in the lines of a red button causing holocaust scenario).

just my 2 cents. Because humans can adapt with less resources, maybe there will be LESS humans, but still it will suffice for human beings to survive as species.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Humans will exist but inevitably we will start turning into some form of other species. Eventually, all of humanity will shift into complete survival mode and it will be necessary for bodies to change in order to adapt to new surroundings and environments.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Interesting replies.

I was just feeling that our profit culture means that any significant improvements to our technology in terms of energy especially can be bought and stored away from prying eyes which will prevent us from reaching our potential on the bigger picture.

I think that is what creates our virus like culture in terms of using resources which I believe will lead to our destruction.

What do you think?

[edit on 28-10-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Skipping the Alpha/Gamma perspective...

Within the nature of capitalism and the concept of profit, there lies a sustainability problem. Now that I'm thinking about it, the issue of 'money' as a concept also plays in due to it's necessary function as a tool of "power" and 'control'. ugh... brain processing too fast for fingers... I'm gonna go chew on this some more - for the moment though, in the end, the internal conflict built into our current system of existence will result in unavoidable evolution. It will not however be strong enough to result in our extinction. I tent to agree with those seeing evolution of the species being the operative event. the option to experience this 3d reality will remain in existence including the ability to experience this from the physical form of a human. ...so, yes, we're here for the long haul... ?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I believe we are mutating now into what i can't say

Humans will do everything they can to try and slow down the mutation but inevitably we will change

[edit on 28-10-2008 by rtcctr]

top topics

join