It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Member with an Idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hello there ATS!!! Long time lurker here. I haven't signed up until just recently because Im not very sure how to go about posting my message. I will, however, give it an effort because I eel I have a great idea. I am sorry if I post this in the wrong area, or in the wrong manner.

With all the turmoil going on involving the United States around the world, I feel that the rest of the world just thinks of United States citizens as scum. I want the rest of the world to know that it is not us, and that It is our "so called" leaders. What I am proposing is that we use the media to our advantage. I know this has been said before, but I am proposing it in a simple, non-violent fasion.

All you have to do is make a short video stating to the world, " I am sorry about my government, they don't care about us, they do whatever they want, they just dont listen. Please don't think of us citizens as the scum of the earth." Something like that. If anyone has any insight or altercations to my method please let me know. Hopefully my first post is up to ATS standards, and hopefully I can make many of friends here. Thank you for your time.

MMRabung

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Even Syria is just waiting for Bush to go........

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
We've got all walks here on the ATS forums, I am pretty sure they know the jest of our governmental embarrassment's, but who knows, your idea doesn't sound half as bad as letting the people of the world think we don't care about humanitarian struggle and that we don't care for other races, creeds in general.
Nice thought, glad to see you are no longer an ATS lurker!!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Frankly, I couldn't care less what "the world" thinks of the United States. If people are dumb enough to think the US citizenry are scum, they are not intelligent enough for me to worry about trying to please them to begin with.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
Frankly, I couldn't care less what "the world" thinks of the United States. If people are dumb enough to think the US citizenry are scum, they are not intelligent enough for me to worry about trying to please them to begin with.

Perhaps this is the very attitude that most find disturbing to say the very least, this center of attention and spoilt child mentality is a particular trait no one finds envy in my dear friend.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
All I am saying is that if something were to happen I would much rather have an alli rather then an enemy. If I can get my simple message across the world by the means of YouTube, Google, or other various media sharing sites, I'll give it a whirl!!! I think that the world should know that some of the people here don't like what is going on, and that we have very little say in what happens!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
to relieve you a bit, the motto of this site is "deny ignorance"" .

I am from Europe and most people know that it is the Govt.

The govts here are just as worse.

so don't be sorry for your govt just hope that something better will come in time.

I have a lot of online friends throughout the USA and I can say that the people rock more than the govt.

welcome at ATS

Grey Magic

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth

Originally posted by LowLevelMason

Perhaps this is the very attitude that most find disturbing to say the very least, this center of attention and spoilt child mentality is a particular trait no one finds envy in my dear friend.

No, I don't think so. Perhaps it is people who are so pompous, arrogant, and ignorant as to believe I have to apologize to other people for things that should be obviously and entirely beyond my control is a trait which no one finds envy in?

Tell me, what has the USA done to the world which is so horribly evil that I have to apologize for it? For everything you list, I can find other countries which have done the same or worse - where are their videos apologizing to me?

I see your profile says your from Australia.

Where is you video apologizing to the world for being a racist country?
news.bbc.co.uk...

Where is your video apologizing for your countries disregard of human rights?
www.news.com.au...

I found all that in 2 minutes. I could go on, but you get the point. When you make a video apologizing to us all for those things, I'll make mine. OK?

[edit on 27-10-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Dude, Sure the U.S. Gov is not perfect, but do realize how screwed up most the other governments of the world are. You have fallen for the liberal idea that our culture is substandard and all the other cultures are somehow enlightened.

Look at Mexico: Huge percentage of richest people in the world. Lots of gold and oil. The majority of their people live in poverty.

Saudi Arabia and Iran: Beheadings, honor killings.

China: Child slave labor.

The list goes on and on.

I'm not angry at you because I am just assuming you are ignorant. Cmon man. Dig deeper, see the big picture.

Most of the hate directed towards the U.S. is just jealousy more then anything. Man they can't wait to watch us fail and fall.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by SailorinAZ]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I understand what everyone is saying. Thankyou for your input. I believe that just because other countries and governments are wrong or corrupt, doesn't take away the fact that some things we do are wrong. How does thinking this make me ignorant? Its like what we were taught when we were little. Two wrongs don't make a right! Maybe we should be sending videos to the rest of the universe apologizing for our world leaders!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Sorry for calling you ignorant.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Its quite alright my friend. This is a very touchy subject and I see what you mean. Alot of bad things are happening to good people and vice versa. Quite a shame we all can't get along!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

Nowhere did I request an apology. quite the contrary with your attitude its obvious that you have made you bed so I guess the only thing left is to lie in it.

new topics

top topics

join