It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thrash Thread!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Welcome fellow metal-heads and thrashers, as we all celebrate the goodness of pure, head-banging thrash. This is the thread for all things thrash. What is thrash, for the uninitiated? If that is the question asked, then the asker is in the wrong place! Though with AOTS motto, "Deny Ignorance", I feel as though a good definition is needed. en.wikipedia.org... defines Thrash Metal as such,"an extreme subgenre of heavy metal that is characterized by its fast tempo and aggression. Thrash metal songs typically use fast, percussive and low-register guitar riffs, overlaid with shredding-style lead work." With that being said, can we agree on that definition? In any case, let's talk some thrash! I'll start things off with a few of my favorite, and new, thrash metal bands. Evile is great, new thrash metal band from the United Kingdom, that really brings the old-school thrash sound with them. Warbringer is another young band, hailing from the Strip. Very fast, and aggressive, though the vocals are a bit tough to get used to. And a quick honorable mention for Toxic Holocaust and Skeletonwitch. Now, where are all the thrashers at?

new topics

join