It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got NEW "DOWNLOAD" giving perspective on the BIG picture

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
delete this post please. my apologies. thanks.

[edit on 10/28/2008 by verbal kint]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

oops. I think I may have been guilty of a one-liner. What I was saying was that I think what you're describing is an actual characteristic or trait of a Gamma? I am failing to see any ambiguity?
-v

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by verbal kint

From what you have said then it could be correct but I still think that you are really one sided towards Alpha's?

I suppose I could probably be categorised as a Gamma unless there are woman involved

I still think it is labelling people as a collective too much when we are all different. I do not think we are meant to live collectively like society makes us but so far you make sense to me.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Yeah, I have difficulty in using words that portray an equally positive light on Alphas. As I mentioned, as a Gamma (i think), I am drawing from a Gamma perspective and language evolved from that perspective. The Alpha competitive nature presents a particularly complex issue. As one is attempting to reconcile the division yet in doing so, one is uniting with a force intent on one's destruction (to put it harshly). Therefore the resulting unified self has a component of self destruction. This issue is why cross-breeding has failed in that it has thus far resulted in Alpha individuals rather than a hybrid of some sorts.
-v

sorry for the iffy logical connectivity of this

[edit on 10/28/2008 by verbal kint]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42
The alphas fail to understand the gammas' reasoning and likewise the gammas fail to understand the alphas reasoning since they both believe their own way is the right way to live. So we have gammas trying to convince alphas to change and alphas brainwashing gammas to change, but in the end who wins. This is the archetypical story of good vs. evil.

I have been thinking about what I said before and now I think I was wrong. The Alphas fail to understand the Gammas reasoning, but the gammas' do understand the Alphas' reasoning since they used to be an Alpha. Like I said before, when we were babies we were all Alphas. Yet they grew and understood something the Alphas never have. So the Gammas try to convince the Alphas because they care about them, yet the Alphas brainwash the Gammas so that they themselves can be the winners in their own game. However, why would the Alphas fear the Gammas would win if they didn't have a chance? There is a chance the Gammas will win in the end. It's not about this world which has an end. It is much greater than we can imagine.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by cancerian42]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by verbal kint
On the other hand, Gammas are very much about the elimination of Gammas, and anyone else for that matter.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by verbal kint
On the other hand, Gammas are very much about the elimination of Gammas, and anyone else for that matter.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Ah, indeed. It's a typo. It should read, "On the other hand, Alphas..."
Thanks
-v

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   

The alphas fail to understand the gammas' reasoning and likewise the gammas fail to understand the alphas reasoning since they both believe their own way is the right way to live. So we have gammas trying to convince alphas to change and alphas brainwashing gammas to change, but in the end who wins. This is the archetypical story of good vs. evil.

I have been thinking about what I said before and now I think I was wrong. The Alphas fail to understand the Gammas reasoning, but the gammas' do understand the Alphas' reasoning since they used to be an Alpha. Like I said before, when we were babies we were all Alphas. Yet they grew and understood something the Alphas never have. So the Gammas try to convince the Alphas because they care about them, yet the Alphas brainwash the Gammas so that they themselves can be the winners in their own game. However, why would the Alphas fear the Gammas would win if they didn't have a chance? There is a chance the Gammas will win in the end. It's not about this world which has an end. It is much greater than we can imagine.

I'm not sure everyone is an Alpha when a baby. I see your point as far as them only realy knowing "feed me..." etc. still, I think it's more likely that there is a definable difference, even at birth.

It's not that Alphas fear Gamma victory. They fear Alpha defeat.

Lastly, I agree. Ultimately, I think this stuff goes way beyond our current level of understanding.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by verbal kint

I think I spoke to you of something simlar previously in your thread "The Awakening. Somebody's telling me stuff, literally."

I got ridiculed for it though as I spoke of something I had visioned, recieved etc.

Its the only time I have spoken of this so you should take a look at my past comment as it is tied into what you speak of with a slightly different ending I think. It might give you a better view of the topic you are discussing in terms of who we are and where we are going.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join