It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF says plot to kill Obama, 102 people disrupted!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Thread already posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

agreed you did post this thread first

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Part of the problem is demonizing people in general. Saying "the lesser of two evils" is a form demagoguery. Even though it is common. Generally, it's said tongue-in-cheek, and no one takes it seriously. But one can't be reasonable and irrational at the same time. "Voting for the lesser of two evils", being an example.

Anyway, some take it to the extreme. In order to plot to kill 103 people, those men had to get to the point where they demonized Black people, Obama in his political capacity, and any sort of Black symbolism.

They didn't just want to kill people. The wanted to make a statement, and send a message.

But I do question the wisdom of bring national attention to cases like this, as another poster does. Those perpetrators should not have any access to the media at all. Giving them exposure glorifies their acts and emboldens followers and copycats. And spreads fear among the general public.

And to answer the question about why I would believe the story, at the moment I have no reason to believe that the story has been fabricated.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Not to be disgusting here but if the presidential candidate gets killed prior to the elections does the VP automatically step into the presidential position?

Isnt that why hillary suspended the campaign?

Hopefully nothing happens.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Wow... not much I can say about these two without getting pinged for thwarting the censors

I hate skinheads

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It could have been a misread, but the radio host I listened to said they planned on killing a thousand black people and finish it by assassinating Obama. Was it one hundred and not a thousand?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

88 and then decapitate 14 more. Sick stuff.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Wow. So they had it all planned out? They hadn't started yet had they? I suppose I could go read the story but damn I'm tired from work.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
nope, they have been arrested and taken in to custody at the apparent early stages of planning.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
88 is for Adolf Hitler or Heil Hitler, H being the eighth letter of the alphabet. Yes, they can apparently count. I don't know what the 102 and 14 are for. Feb. 14 = Valentines day and 102 is the fever they have for each other? Who knows?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Back when I used to dress in black, listen to crappy music and have a tragic outlook on life...I used to know a few skinheads on a casual basis (read same parties and bars). Believe me when I say, they were very disorganized AND stupid - much more concerned with drinking, contolling their women and tough talk than actually doing anything. Mostly, dare I say, big guys with small...

Then I grew up, got a job and ditched the dives I was hanging out in. I came to the conclusion that most racsim is dressed up, glossed over and disguised as patriotic speech. It is still very pervasive in our society.

As a Civil Rights investigator not far out of college, I was shocked to realize how much of this stuff goes on but does not make the news.

Anyway...I would love to know who these skinheads met with in the previous weeks and months...Bank accounts, etc.

[edit on 27/10/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

Do you really think the threat is real?

I kinda think it was just another fairy tale like the liquid bombers in London, or the dumb arses that wanted to blow up the Sears tower.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
guys. need i remind you all.. check this thread out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

seems more plausible now after these latest events.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Listen people it is real easy to make this kind thing up. Problem Reaction Solution.

I have 0 proof, but it's really, really, really easy to make up stuff like this to serve a political purpose.

The Liquid bombers are a good example.

The idiots that were supposedly going to blow up the sears tower.

The supposed terror plot to blow up a high rise sky scraper in L.A.

The chick that claimed an Obama supporter robbed and then carved a B in her face.

It falls under the scope of false flag terrorism. If it is contrived by someone. "Nazi skinhead" This is a term that raises a flag in my head..... these alarm words are programmed to set people off into a racist rage instantly. The media wouldn't be using them so close to a black vs. white election if they were not looking to start some stuff.

Call me a skeptic, but I don't believe one word my gov't says. I don't believe one word of what the media says.

I am here to say that it is clear that they want race riots in this country. The media is actively seeding hatred, in their twisted news speak kind of way.

The most important thing to do in this life is to respect every other human being equally. Please don't fall into the trap of hate. It's easy to do.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by downtown436]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Id say the two guys in jail disagree with you. And the man whos life was in danger disagrees as well.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Explain further. I never read that thread and it's got too many pages for me to filter through. Direct link, please?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I think Downtown understands how it works completely. Information has shock value as well as specific and predictable behavioral outcomes.

Who gains from this story? Obama or McCain? Do people empathize with Obama and want a more high-minded America OR do they think they may as well vote for McCain and avoid this type of ugly scenario in the future?

Who is left to influence in this campaign? The undecided voters. What would they think of this situation? How would it affect their voting?

[edit on 27/10/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
According to the Smoking Gun:

Apparently befitting the historic assault, Cowart and Schlesselman "stated they would dress in all white tuxedos and wear top hats during the assassination attempt."

This level of buffoonery sounds like something more out of the 1960s Batman TV series than anything a serious criminal would do.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

The thing about Problem/Reaction/Solution, is that it can be applied to any emergency situation. Any at all.

So, it's the kind of equation that really lacks credibility. I used to think it was a good analytical tool, but the truth is that it only produces generic results.

Create the problem. Wait for the reaction. Provide the solution. So what? I mean, what good is it for? One only recognizes the equation after events are all said and done. The equation doesn't function as a predictor, as you imply.

The equation is useless because there are other ways to explain past events. If one cannot discern cause and effect they're not going to be able to discern an equation that adds another useless variable.

That's how I feel about it. I know that hate exists, so the equation doesn't inform me that future ugly events are likely to happen. I know that the government is capable of waging information warfare, and the equation doesn't clarify a damn thing. I also know that the government is capable of carrying out false flag operations, and still the equation is useless as a predictor of when one is likely to occur, or during the first or second stage what will happen next. It only functions as an analytical tool in retrospection. And in that respect its cumbersome, as well as useless.

So looking at the foiled assassination/mass murder plot reasonably, I have seen nothing to indicate that the event was staged. Nor is there an indicator of specifically what will happen next in connection with the event, if anything., outside of the usual extended investigation, trial, conviction, and sentencing.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Remember back when Bush senior was President and he gave a speech to the nation on the drug problems in America? He held up a bag of dope and said it had been bought in the park right across from the White House that very evening. In the end it turned out to be a set up. The dealer had been lured to the park then jacked up, keel hauled and fed to the national media and public that very night.

The more I read about these two idiots the more I suspect a media or government ploy like the one stated above. I'm sure they're skin heads, I'm sure they talked a lot of crap. I'm just not sure if it is a ploy or not to try and influence the election.

Time will tell, it always does.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join