It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What hyperinflation looks like.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

Out of curiosity, how did you come up with that figure? Is the M3 money supply the true amount of money in circulation, or the amount released for whatever stated time period? If the former, then is it the estimated money supplied by the bailout divided by the m3?

I'm just wondering how you came up with this rough figure, so that I may track this as well.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
reply to post by karl 12

I don't think America will become as bad as Zimbabwe but we could be headed for the Weimar republic( without wheel barrows ,everyone here uses debit cards) unless people realize the intelligence of bartering. Comparing America to Zimbabwe is like comparing apples to oranges; Americans are not like Africans.

Fiat currency is destined to become as common as chicken manure. In truth ,chicken manure is more valuable than fiat currency ,because at least, chicken manure makes a good fertilizer. Even if America were to disappear, fiat currency would still become overly abundant.

Eradown thanks for the reply,you make some good points~I´m all for the return of the barter system (Just not chicken poo).
Cheers Karl

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Anyone else thinking it would be kind of cool to spend $10 to get huge stacks of their money to just have lying around for fun?

<< 1   >>

join