It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do abductees have to educate skeptics?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I do have empathy for the abductees. I had an out of body experience and it was no dream or hallucination. The experience was like nothing I had ever experienced before. I have no evidence, but I did ask the emergency workers and the doctor if they had me on oxygen (no, just regular atmosphere composed air) or if they had given me some drugs (none). My mind was 100% alert, and I know what I experienced. Some family members believe it was real, while others claim it was a hallucination. I do not get upset by their thoughts as I know what happened.

The people who have grass clippings and marks on their bodies did not get them from hallucinations or dreams. Something happened, and it needs to be investigated fully. Was there any sightings of UFO or anomalies in the sky? Was there an unknown object caught on radar by a nearby airport or military base? Is there any physical evidence of something landing or traces of burn marks and broken branches on the trees?

The physical evidence is what convinced me that what Betty and Barney Hill said happened to them was real. The planet Jupiter does not leave a radar trace. This is what needs to be done for all abductions, and that is collect all the physical evidence to prove that something real and not imaginary actually happened.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I would like to make note that skeptics by definition have zero ability to reach a logical conclusion regarding anything as demonstrated straight from the Dictionary:

One of the seven attitudes. Its positive pole is investigation; its negative pole is suspicion. Skeptics view the world with doubt.

Do people even know what a skeptic is, as with so many threads (surprisingly not in this one) I have encountered almost boasting about it, its nothing to be proud of.

Even funnier is that the thought process from the Dictionary alone of a skeptic is self canceling

Now unless the skeptics doubt the dictionary and want to dispute it....lol......, I think my view on skeptics is made clear

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Answer to your question, "Why do abductees have to educate skeptics":

Because neither you nor ANYONE else in history has EVER proven anything alien related. Do I want pictures? Sure that would be good but still not prove anything. Do I want video? Getting closer.....

The only way to prove your point is to show us an alien, or a piece of alien technology. Something tangible that we can actually touch. Not even if an alien looking craft landed in my yard would I believe in aliens until I can touch one.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drakiir
I would like to make note that skeptics by definition have zero ability to reach a logical conclusion regarding anything as demonstrated straight from the Dictionary:

One of the seven attitudes. Its positive pole is investigation; its negative pole is suspicion. Skeptics view the world with doubt.

Do people even know what a skeptic is, as with so many threads (surprisingly not in this one) I have encountered almost boasting about it, its nothing to be proud of.

Even funnier is that the thought process from the Dictionary alone of a skeptic is self canceling

Now unless the skeptics doubt the dictionary and want to dispute it....lol......, I think my view on skeptics is made clear

You can find any definition you like. The fact remains that in order for people to believe there needs to be tangible proof. If people were not skeptical then we would just believe any old outlandish story. What good is that? Being skeptical is not close minded. If just means that the person understands the scientific concept behind requiring proof before believing.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Liberty1

If just means that the person understands the scientific concept behind requiring proof before believing.

There is no scientific concept behind the fact that it is guaranteed that the governments of today are hiding what everyone is after. Thousands of reports, cover ups, secret operations you name it are being kept under wraps.

If anyone seriously expects the governments of today to just spill the beans on every piece of evidence they have than they are deluding themselves, it wont happen. Its a constant quest for evidence which when asked over and over again results in one answer.... denial.

Its the same story with anyone, look at Ufologists who have been trying to find evidence for years, look at all the footage of UFOs and documents etc. All this is evidence how much harder do we need to look, its only people's doubt that makes it not credible.

Lets face facts, if we really want absolute proof that ETs are here and do exist do you really see the governments revealing that now or in the future, I sure don't. Im not saying give up Im saying its up to whatever evidence the people can gather and share as the governments will never share with their own people.

For people waiting for disclosure on the government secrets its like: Going for a trip down a road where whatever UFO evidence was there has been swept up and shut up by the governments

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Drakiir

"
"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What in the name of all that is holy are you rattling on about!!? With respect, you're talking absolute tosh. . .
Your argument appears to be that because I'm not taken in by the ridiculous claims of abductees and some UFO witnesses without them supplying any proof then I should be ashamed of myself! Because I'm sceptical of the outrageous claims made by some then I should sneak off and hide somewhere so not to taint your nonsensical ideals. . .
The natural and obvious stance when it comes to claims of the paranormal and just plain weird is to be sceptical. If you just accept anything without any evidence then, as a race, we would really be in trouble.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join