It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonight, A Stranger at My Door

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
My darling and I were watching television when we heard two very loud, deliberately spaced knocks coming from the kitchen, perhaps the back door. Oddly, neither of us were immediately compelled to see who or what it was and simply looked at each other for a minute.

"Was that someone knocking at the door?"
"Sounded like it," I replied.

She got up to check and I lay across the loveseat facing the window. To the west I saw a large, startlingly bright, pale-yellow light and immediately ran outside with a pair of binoculars. It hung low on the horizon, sitting still, just above the mountains. I can't be positive, but I believe it was casting light on the trees.

We watched it for a few minutes before going inside. I checked out an astronomy website while she headed up to the bathroom. I couldn't find anything expected in the direction or position where we saw it, and she told me when she came down that she could still see it out the bathroom window.

I went outside once more and watched for another minute, knowing instinctively that it would disappear when we weren't looking. It did, a few minutes later when I looked out the window from the loveseat again, it was gone.

She was rather disappointed not to see it "go", and, admittedly, so am I. This isn't my first experience, and watching "them" take off is always a treat. But this one was different. The color, the intensity... the knock.

This one was quite exhilarating.

new topics

join