It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVPs and apparitions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I have been enthralled by the paranormal from an early age, in particular ghosts and the spirit world.
I have read and listened to many opinions concerning the subject and have been left with more questions than answers. This is not to say that anyone has all of the answers if any but I welcome theories as they are the stepping stones to discovery.
I would like to pose two questions, first being why do ghosts or disembodied spirits only leave short messages or responses on a recording device ? Are there actual intelligent entities producing these recording ? or are they environmental ?
Second it is believed that ghosts need a certain type of energy to appear, why hasn't someone figured out what type and designed a machine that produces said energy to facilitate or force ghosts to manifest.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hi midnight_sun i'm an amateur ghost hunter and have done a lot of research into all aspects of paranormal research so i can give you a few answers. To your first question the spirit (or entity, whichever you prefer) can only leave short messages because of the amount of energy it needs to sustain itself, and to do something like make sound vibrations without vocal chords requires a lot of energy, and as you already know the theory is that this is what they are made up of so that is why sometimes you will hear paranormal researchers complain of drained batteries that is because they are pulling off whatever electrical source is in the area (even the minute electrical energy your body generates) and then they will get maybe an audible response or see something. To your second question the only tools we have right now to discern whether the spirit or spirit(s) are in the area are the Electromagnetic Field Detectors, thermal goggles, ion counters etc. to actually figure out what type of energy they are would require equipment which could measure said energy's down to particle level. The problem is that type of equipment woulnd't be very pratical to bring into an investigation because of power requirements and size, not to mention that paranormal research is not yet recognized as a mainstream science.

Hope i was able to answer a few of your questions

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I understand the energy problem but lets say you are talking on your cell phone and the battery dies in mid-sentence or even mid-word the person you were talking to would get maybe half of the last word you spoke. In the vast majority of EVPs I have listen to only a few words were spoken but they were whole for the most part not a broken word or statement. Does this make sense ?? and BTW this is the main site I have been a member of for some time now.
www.asylumcam.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

In the vast majority of EVPs I have listen to only a few words were spoken but they were whole for the most part not a broken word or statement. Does this make sense ??

It makes of a lot of sense actually. The cell phone scenario you just mentioned, when the battery dies you get half of the conversation you were having, as i mentioned before the entity requires a certain amount of power to manifest itself so it draws energy from the environment around it to be able to manipulate things, move objects make sounds etc. but as with the cell phone when that power runs out the message gets cut off that's why the messages are so fast.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by midnight_sun

It is my belief that the energy cannot be created by machine. It is something that can only be created naturally and most likely only produced within a human body. Something similar to ectoplasm. From what I've studied in ancient texts it seems that there is work that has to be done on the spirits side as well to manifest. Some type of astral chemistry.

As for the voices being short statements. I think it's basically ghosts sitting around maybe smoking a pipe and just trying to have a brief chat in a lot of the cases. Someone asks you while your dead "Can you hear me?" or "I can record your voice!", "is there anything you would like to say" and ghosts will respond with something like "I've been doing this a long time", "hello" "stay away". The ghosts probably realize half the crap they say never works out being recorded anyway.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocco21

I disagree with the energy needing to be pulled by electrical devices. There are all types of seances that were held before electricity even existed and in the remote hills of the Himalayas as recently as the 1940's.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by SkepticalSteve]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Well the earth does have its own electrical field, so it wouldn't always
need to pull from man made electrical devices. But like i stated in my other post there is no way to determine what type of energy they are made up of or how stable it is you would need to examine that energy at particle level and even that wouldn't explain how it sustains consciousness after death.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Don't know if you've read John G Fuller's book ' The Ghost of 29 Megacycles'.

If not, it might be a starting point for others who're interested in EVPs and means of facilitating communication with spirits

This link will take you to an interesting article in plain speak which explains the background to the book, plus many other sources, with emphasis also on George Meek's contribution
www.gobeyondnow.com...

In the early 1970's, a retired inventor and entrepreneur named George W. Meek embarked on his quest to develop a technology-based approach for communicating with spirits of the dead. Just a few years earlier, the discovery of EVP had sparked world-wide interest in trying to communicate with unseen spirits by electronic means, but George Meek wanted something more advanced and less subject to controversy than the rudimentary tape recording methods in use by other EVP experimenters. He hoped to devise a system that would consistently allow clear two-way communication between earth-bound individuals and the spirit world.

Meek and several like-minded colleagues formed a research group called The Metascience Foundation.

In the early stages of their trans-dimensional engineering work, the group was guided by communications received through trance channeling sessions with psychic mediums in Philadelphia.

During the Philadelphia séances, contact was reportedly made with several deceased but still very communicative scientists.

One such contact was with the spirit of Dr. W.F.G. Swann. Swann was once a popular science lecturer and a leader in cosmic ray research who had lived (and died) in Philadelphia.

His discarnate spirit was said to have provided Meek's group with a theoretical background and the technical foundation upon which to commence construction of a new type of spirit communication device. The Spiricom, as it soon came to be called, was born.

Interesting

AND .... the article provides instructions and diagram for building a spiricom (communication) device

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Dock6]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Ah yes George W. Meek was the pioneer of ITC (Instrumental Trans- Communication). There is also audio files somewhere on the net of the Spiricom device being used i remember listening to them once.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Wow ok now we are talking ( no pun intended ) with all of the attention and acceptance the paranormal is getting these days one would think that main stream science would jump on board.
Thanks for the information.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
No problem, any other questions you have just throw them out there and I or i'm sure, anyone else would be happy to try to answer it.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
www.worlditc.com although not updated that frequently has a wealth of information on this, and some other subjects.

Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) - with also includes Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) - is a natural progression from the mediums/clairvoyants. My understanding is that where people are used to communicate (mediums/clairvoyants etc.) there are many problems with egos, thoughts, misinterpretations getting in the way. The use of electronic devices for communication - radios, tape recorders, computers, even coffee pots if you dig deep enough - makes for more direct communications. The website above is an excellent resource for research. Also see Victor Zammit's challenge. Whether or not you buy into everything he lists, he does make a strong arguement, and his research is quite extensive and well organized. Read it all, and take from it what you will.

A good description that seems to make sense for me on 'energy' and the brief communications with people and EVP recordings is that those "on the other side" are residing on a very different 'vibration' to us. Our world is very dense and their is much less so. Operating in our vibration is very difficult for them.
Shout across a room (through the air) and you'll be heard loud and clear. Shout through a steel wall and you'll not be quite so clear. In addition, a lot more energy will be expended.

The Spiricom device, cited above, is one of the more successful devices that have existed. The website will give you examples of very long 'conversations' that have even occurred over the telephone. I'm very excited at the progress that's being made in the field of ITC/EVP.

Thomas Edison had mentioned while he alive that a device to communicate with the 'dead' was possible. If you read the "Scole Experiment" there is an example of him sending plans from the afterlife for such apparatus.

They're trying as hard as we are to communicate. It's just going to take a little more time until we're all using the right frequencies.

Also, look up "Timestream" - one of the organizations set up by spirit in order to communicate with us.

top topics

join